weekly Punkawallah's 52 in '23 thread.

FH1.jpg

Here's my first attempt....
This place is just down the road and has stood empty, decaying for over 40 years!

Well done Gordon - the second week's the hardest by the way!!

Great to get the first in though - you have to wonder how a building can get like that! A few more years it'll be completely covered.

Thanks, Graham!
Was owned by an elderly lady who lived elsewhere, she sold it and the land it stands in to a chap who keeps horses there. Think he was planning to do it up but then, tragically, his wife died in a car crash, guess he lost interest!

Fits the theme and there's some nice patterns and textures within.

Nothing wrong with you being the crocheter Gordon. What is it going to end up being?

"Your area" Really liking this image. I think it works as the tones are very similar and give an air of mystery , the textures help bring the image out and make it interesting. Makes you wonder whether there is a door to enter by or where it is. Very sad about the history.

"Your area" Really liking this image. I think it works as the tones are very similar and give an air of mystery , the textures help bring the image out and make it interesting. Makes you wonder whether there is a door to enter by or where it is. Very sad about the history.
Thanks, yes, it's a real shame. One reason it stood empty for so long initially was the then owner just wouldn't sell, even though she had lots of offers and never intended doing anything with it!

Most of my attempted crochet projects end up looking like that... works well for the theme.

You're going to have to help me here with the artificial bit? Lol it's probably going to be really obvious isn't it.
OK, well, I think there are several 'artificial' things there: cars, signs, track etc? That is if we're talking artificial opposed to natural?

OK, well, I think there are several 'artificial' things there: cars, signs, track etc? That is if we're talking artificial opposed to natural?
What's a natural car look like? My understanding of the term artificial is that it's a man-made version of something that already exists naturally.

Anyway nice photo,

As I read the definition, it seems to be more about "made by human skill; produced by humans". A reproduction of a naturally occurring object is just more impactful.

Given that, I think that context, I think that all of the things that Gordon pointed out are artificial.

I think that it fits the bill.

As I read the definition, it seems to be more about "made by human skill; produced by humans". A reproduction of a naturally occurring object is just more impactful.

Given that, I think that context, I think that all of the things that Gordon pointed out are artificial.

I think that it fits the bill.
Phew! :cool:

Eclectic mix of cars you can find at track days - I have been on track at Goodwood with everything from a Porsche Taycan (plugged in to recharge for half an hour, went out for another session, back in to recharge) through Ariel Atoms, Renault Clios, MX5, and Caterham Seven's to an RS6 Avant and then on to a 1960's Merc touring car.

Done well to get a clear shot of the track, it's sharp enough with focus on the nearest one.

I seem to recall use of a shoehorn to meet the theme is accepted when necessary. :)

Your area - It looks like nature is taking back over, has a lot of impact
Incomplete - Given how narrow the yarn is, there is a lot of time and effort creating that level of detail. Might benefit from a wider crop to have space on each side.
Artificial - The contents of the advertising boards are working well together for the theme/technique.

Your area - It looks like nature is taking back over, has a lot of impact
Incomplete - Given how narrow the yarn is, there is a lot of time and effort creating that level of detail. Might benefit from a wider crop to have space on each side.
Artificial - The contents of the advertising boards are working well together for the theme/technique.
Thank you (y)

That's great, I didn't even notice the squirrel until Simon mentioned it, but it makes the picture twice as interesting.

cool shot - fantastic timing - I bet you'd have a bit of a wait for the next one if you'd missed it!

Is it one shot and the speed gives the transparent effect? Or a train layered over an empty BG, and then reduced in opacity for the transparent effect?

cool shot - fantastic timing - I bet you'd have a bit of a wait for the next one if you'd missed it!

Is it one shot and the speed gives the transparent effect? Or a train layered over an empty BG, and then reduced in opacity for the transparent effect?
Thanks. It's one shot using the live ND on OM1, it's actually a car!

Back