really peed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullets. Three per chav. Job Done.

:clap:

I have to say that I am sooo pleased that I live here in Spain. Here if you are taking photos near children, parents are pleased, no, PROUD that you would like to take pictures of their children.

I really struggle with this whole photo taking paedophile thing tbh. I have many photos of my girlies on my flickr that are available for all to see. A P**** looking at my pics cannot physically harm my children. Or, do you beg to differ?

I have to say that I am sooo pleased that I live here in Spain. Here if you are taking photos near children, parents are pleased, no, PROUD that you would like to take pictures of their children.

I really struggle with this whole photo taking paedophile thing tbh. I have many photos of my girlies on my flickr that are available for all to see. A P**** looking at my pics cannot physically harm my children. Or, do you beg to differ?

the problem is that these people read the daily mail and the sun and papers like that and believe what they read (if indeed they are capable of reading) because as we know the daily mail et al perpetuate the myth that all bushes (bonsai included) have a p**** and a terrorist hidden in them and its your burgerfilled sunny delight eating little slice of fairydust that they are coming to get.

Carry a Luger (Pistole Parabellum, 1908) - the stylish, retro looks of this DWM-manufactured pistol designed by Georg J. Luger and based on a Borschardt design combine excellent ergonomics and build-quality...
The 9mm parabellum rounds have very good penetrative characteristics up to 100m.

Favoured technique is a 'double-tap' (two shots fired in quick-succession) to the torso and one in the head after they're down.

Never fails.

Buy Luger - the nasty Bugger's choice...

Luger.jpg

There is a documentary on "Military" channel now all about the Luger.

the problem is that these people read the daily mail and the sun and papers like that and believe what they read (if indeed they are capable of reading) because as we know the daily mail et al perpetuate the myth that all bushes (bonsai included) have a p**** and a terrorist hidden in them and its your burgerfilled sunny delight eating little slice of fairydust that they are coming to get.

And for that the Arkady school of thought has a lot going for it ;)

I feel i should defend some of the public!!

I went to a Flava summer boot camp and asked if I could take pictures, and was told "yes as long as it is only of the kids"

got some great shot though, for my skill level!!!

to be honest if i was pointing the camera at the park then i kinda could have sympathy but the fact that i was pointing it up a tree to capture the light coming through the leaves i was a bit dumbfounded

Tend to prefer a Sig Sauer for chav bating, but each to their own.

Sorry to hear you had this experience, overall you probably did the best thing.

Rob, (or anyone ? )

Could you elaborate on this. I thought "Locking Knives" were now illegal to carry, or is that just in Scotland.

C

In addition to my Gerber-knife, I own Leatherman and Gerber multi-tools. Both have knife-blades that lock. Neither are illegal.

What are illegal are gravity-knives ('flick' knives).

Blades that are opened normally and then require the release of a thumb-catch to close are not illegal according to the latest (2009) legislation - though there are many - including police officers - who are under the mistaken belief that they are.

Restriction of Offensive weapons Act 1959 (amended 1961) (ROWA), Section 1:
(1) Any person who manufactures, sells or hires or offers for sale or hire, or exposes or has in his possession for the purpose of sale or hire or lends or gives to any other person— (a) any knife which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife, sometimes known as a “flick knife” or “flick gun”; or(b) any knife which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever, or other device, sometimes known as a “gravity knife”,

...shall be guilty of an offence [...]

But it has to be a gravity-assisted or spring-loaded blade to begin with...

However...

The special exception which exists in the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (s139) for folding knives (pocket knives) is another "common sense" measure accepting that some small knives are carried for general utility; however, even a folding pocket knife of less than 3" (76 mm) may still be considered an offensive weapon if carried or used for that purpose. It is a common belief that a folding knife must be non-locking for this provision to apply, but the wording of the Criminal Justice Act does not mention locking and the matter becomes a question as to the definition of "folding pocket knife". In the case of R. v Deegan (1998) in the Court of Appeal in England and Wales, the ruling that 'folding' was intended to mean 'non-locking' was upheld. As the only higher court in England and Wales is the House of Lords the only way this ruling could be overturned is by a dissenting ruling by the Supreme Court or by Act of Parliament.

You might therefore be charged anyway and be forced to prove yourself in Court.

Last edited:
oh yer the police when i got back to my car they said it wasn't a priority and but will make it out when they could :shake:

Had you told the police that there is no hurry should the yobs try to leave you will shoot them it would have brought the armed response unit and more cop than you can count.
You would need to explain that they had misunderstood and you meant with your camera

I would have walked back to the car with my kit and then walked back to them monopod in hand.. saying that I'm not shy when it comes to that after a summer of MMA training last year :LOL:

Carry a Luger (Pistole Parabellum, 1908) - the stylish, retro looks of this DWM-manufactured pistol designed by Georg J. Luger and based on a Borschardt design combine excellent ergonomics and build-quality...
The 9mm parabellum rounds have very good penetrative characteristics up to 100m.

Favoured technique is a 'double-tap' (two shots fired in quick-succession) to the torso and one in the head after they're down.

Never fails.

Luger.jpg

Never leave the house without mine. Even when I've left the camera behind...

I'm glad things are seemingly different in Spain. :)

However, as a woman you get a different reaction when taking pictures when there are children anywhere near than men do. If the OP was a woman, I doubt this situation would have arisen. :nono:

I feel so uncomfortable if I'm taking pics anywhere near children just in case I get the kind of reaction the OP did.

I was at a school sports day a few years ago with my friend watching her kids, and everyone was taking pics, including my friend. I nearly always have my camera in my bag, and she says 'get your camera out and take some pics', I said 'no chance'. :eek: 'You can takes some pics with it if you want, but there's no way I am'. She declined as she was enjoying the spectacle too much to worry about the camera.

A sad world indeed. :(

oh yer the police when i got back to my car they said it wasn't a priority and but will make it out when they could :shake:

Should have said that you have a Luger and were ready to double tap them. That would have provoked a reaction. Although when attempting this method I would recommend putting all camera equipment down just in case it is mistaken for an actual fire arm.

I'm glad things are seemingly different in Spain. :)

However, as a woman you get a different reaction when taking pictures when there are children anywhere near than men do. If the OP was a woman, I doubt this situation would have arisen. :nono:

It is much different here - I have somehow found myself on t'comittee of our local (Spanish) camera club and it is the same for the men here too :shrug:

I think that the problem in the UK is like whitewas said earlier and the great unwashed that believe everything that they read in the papers :shrug:

In addition to my Gerber-knife, I own Leatherman and Gerber multi-tools. Both have knife-blades that lock. Neither are illegal.
(QUOTE)

Interesting, my Smith & Wesson SWAT 11 knife blade is I think about 1/2 mm short of 3 inches or 75mm long.
Will have to do some more checking. Never been sharpened !
Thanks for the info though.

C

I find one of these to be better and more importantly legal lol

3140557859_af319c0cf8_o.jpg

Never fails.

You can't use 'reason' with c-units - just effin' shoot them...it's better for everyone in the long run.

Why should I waste money handing out business cards? Why should I have to justify myself to chavvy scum?

LOL, it’s almost as bad as doing orderly Sgt in the Falklands:LOL:.
Lowly RAF bloke asking hundreds of peed up pongos to leave the bar! Oh how I enjoyed being gently carried out of the bar :bat:

Mick

Had a similar experience myself. Was taking some pictures of one of my mates in a park, about 50M behind him were some children running around. I got approached by their dad who accused me of being a paedophile and demanded that I either delete the pictures off my camera otherwise he would smash it up and call the police. It was completely ridiculous, at the time I was still a child myself at the age of 15!
On the way out of the park later in the day I passed one of the young children, who shouted:
"my daddy says you are a nasty person and he says that people like you should be in prison"
That day made me lose a lot of my remaining faith in humanity! And to be honest, his children were some of the ugliest I've ever seen.

I would suggest mobilising all nearby members and go back en-mass to photograph the waterfall, I certainly wouldn't give in to them.

I had similar years ago here when taking some pics for my then 15 yr old niece, she wanted some for her online profiles so we went to the local park.
An off duty copper who lived nearby came out and started threatening me, calling me a pervert and everything, tried to take my camera off me insisting he had the right to confiscate it and delete any images on it.
I told him very impolitely to do one, he then told me he knew where I lived and that I would be raided as a consequence, again I told him to do one and knock himself out sorting the raid.

The media have a lot to answer for, the threat is no greater than when I was a kiddi its all media hype and hysteria in the highest percentage of offenders are family members and family friends, with the abuse happening in the home.

You can't use 'reason' with c-units - just effin' shoot them...it's better for everyone in the long run.

Why should I waste money handing out business cards? Why should I have to justify myself to chavvy scum?

3?? not worth wasting 3 on, get a glock and some hollow points, one shot will do the job.

A sad situation, the op did the right thing in this situation. Unless you are some kind of self defence expert then 4 on 1 is only going to have one result and that would not be good for the op and no matter how high and mighty he may feel having 'stood up' for his right it would be no compensation for the broken kit, and bones.

On a lighter note, not everyone is like this. I have just got back from a family holiday in sunny south Wales.
While there, I had my 70-300mm lens out on the beach taking shots of my 9yr old attempting to 'body-board'. Later I wondered around openly taking shots of other people surfing, god knows the age of them all but some would have been under 16. No one said a thing, with the exception of someone else with a dslr who nodded approvingly at my lens!

I never shoot around kids . . .

I'm fairly certain that Rob wasn't suggesting shooting them in front of their kids. That would be a bit callous and a secluded location away from prying eyes would be preferable for all sorts of other reasons. ;)

On a serious note, I see these sort of posts cropping up now and again, but my experiences of shooting in public places are completely different to this. People (with and without kids) stop to say "Good Morning" or have a bit of a chat. In fact there are times when I wish I could just be left alone :LOL:
I've had a woman call to me from her back garden to ask if I wanted her to throw some bread into the canal to encourage the pair of Moorhens to come a bit closer. I've had a mum and son come up to me while I've been shooting breeding frogs and mum encouraging the boy to "tell the lady" about the frogspawn and tadpoles that he has in school.

The two posts quoted below would seem to suggest that . . .

a) being female
and
b) the part of the country you live in

. . . have some bearing on this, but I'd be interested in other thoughts.

. . . as a woman you get a different reaction when taking pictures when there are children anywhere near than men do.

I have just got back from a family holiday in sunny south Wales.
While there, I had my 70-300mm lens out on the beach taking shots of my 9yr old attempting to 'body-board'. Later I wondered around openly taking shots of other people surfing, god knows the age of them all but some would have been under 16. No one said a thing, with the exception of someone else with a dslr who nodded approvingly at my lens!

To the OP. Sorry to hear what happened to you. I really hope that this one encounter with a few idiots doesn't put you off taking your camera to the park in future.

Last edited:
Yre all a bunch ovf ****ing P**** *****

Why not just tell them they're mistaken and you're really a terrorist? :bang:

Hear hear. I'm sick of this kind of crap, last time it happened to me I lost all control and went apes*** and started laying into the scum and they magically vanished. It was the agressive shouting that put them off, I didn't actually manage to connect with any of the ****s. I was a bit frightened afterwards mind, mainly by my loss of control, but I repeat I'm sick of this ****. These vegetable brained half witted so-called parents are so worried that we might be pedos but are quite happy to stuff their moronic ****** little kids with crappy food and let them watch adult tv stay up all night drink alcohol etc etc etc Who's the abuser?

Stuff 'em.

I feel better now. Rant over. Sorry.

Last edited:
This type of thing is becoming so common, a friend at work was taking shot's of a local market town when someone unbeknown rang the police to say he was taking photo's of kids, the police stopped him as he was driving away and examined his camera and confiscated his camera and cards to ensure nothing had been erased.

When he got home he was explaining what had happened to his wife when the police arrived on his door step, they had come to look at his computers in the house again to make sure there was nothing suspicious on them. They found nothing but still took a few days for him to get his camera back.

I was once in the dark approached by three rather large men who told me to give them my wallet I told the smallest of the three that he could have my wallet but the other two were about to go to hospital, they ****** themselfs and ran like hell away, almost made me give up smoking as I ran after them but wasn't able to catch them due to my 20 a day habbit.

Last edited:
I don't think i'd have been so polite to be honest, think you did the right thing by just leaving, although you might not feel it, it was definitely the best choice with the best outcome, if you had approached them you might have a broken camera and some bones to go with it.
It truly is a sick world we live in, and its a shame that some people think photographers are paedophiles. Maybe you should remind them next time that a park is a public place, and they are not obliged to take their children there.

Hear hear. I'm sick of this kind of crap, last time it happened to me I lost all control and went apes*** and started laying into the scum and they magically vanished. It was the agressive shouting that put them off, I didn't actually manage to connect with any of the ****s. I was a bit frightened afterwards mind, mainly by my loss of control, but I repeat I'm sick of this ****. These vegetable brained half witted so-called parents are so worried that we might be pedos but are quite happy to stuff their moronic ****** little kids with crappy food and let them watch adult tv stay up all night drink alcohol etc etc etc Who's the abuser?

Stuff 'em.

I feel better now. Rant over. Sorry.

It's also funny how these are the same parents who let their 12 year old girls put stupid amounts of makeup on and dress up like sluts. Its quite rediculous to be honest, the parents are asking for an ass wooping!

It's also funny how these are the same parents who let their 12 year old girls put stupid amounts of makeup on and dress up like sluts. Its quite rediculous to be honest, the parents are asking for an ass wooping!

True. Parents these days seem to think they are special and clever and that they and their precious kids (and the hordes of moron celebrities) are the only important members of society. When I was a parent I'd not have got far at all with that attitude. And another thing......
:nuts:

spot on !

You've got to be very confident to stand up to 4 guys...I'm a black belt in ju jitsu and all I can say, is I'd have packed up and left.

Sure my male pride/ego may have taken a beating but my camera would have been safe...and so would I. Although it's unlikely they would have followed up their threats, there's a certain type of guy that would have mashed you and your camera.

Failing that, turn, walk away and calmly toss one of these babies:

t_handgrenade_ezg_5.jpg

Section 5, Public Order Act 1986

5 Harassment, alarm or distress

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting, within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.​

(2) An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a) that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b) that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c) that his conduct was reasonable.​

if you middle aged white males would please stop fiddling with kids, this will stop happening :p

I'm with the '**** off' crowd also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back