Rectangle to square

One other option that has worked for me on occasion is to use photoshop to extend the canvas to square then clone content for the blank borders. Only really practical if the background is even and easily clonable...and if there are not too many pictures to process :)

Im not even going to go there
but nice to see your interested in my old posts and trolling.
Well you also ignored my point about creating montages (which is what most pros do for wedding albums).

It honestly strikes me that you are somewhat technophobic but hoping that you can get away without understanding of basic format/ratio/layout.

All my albums are Upright, my layouts can be anything from a single image across 2 pages to 7 images in the same space, there's plenty of software to use to design albums.

sorry phil i didn’t mean to ignore you
i thought i awnsered your reply so sorry
your right i am a technophobic as i am very old school when it comes to it
i try to do my photography with very little computer work
i don’t see myself changing anytime soon unless I’m faced with a scenario like the one i was having
I’m kind of winging it as i have for most of my life
i still can’t belive my business is still running well after 35 years i must be doing something right.
as for montages i only know the merging of two photos from years ago
talk soon dude and thanks again for your input

You really should look into some album design software.

If you're not shooting square images (and who is?) then you need to find a way to fill your albums with the actual images you're shooting.

It's really not difficult, a little investment in your technical skills will pay you back a hundredfold.

Back