Royal car attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Why was Prince Charles and Camilla not wearing seat belts it appears as shown on the University riots tonight. Hasn't he taken it in after what happened to Princess Diana

Realspeed

Think that's the least of things to be worried about (if the case) in the whole sorry episode of what has happened in London today. Whatever the supposed grievances, these were just scenes of wanton and disgraceful criminal behaviour.

Even so it would only have taken one police officer to enforce the law should the law have be broken, or are Royals exempt?

Realspeed

Hi Bazza - good to hear from you.

I noticed that too but wasn't sure what the law was.

Think in the circumstances that would rightly have been the last thing on their mind. :police:

You don't need a seatbelt when reversing, travelling 50m or in a royal procession .....not quite sure travelling to the royal variety performance counts as such but there you go

Think that's the least of things to be worried about (if the case) in the whole sorry episode of what has happened in London today. Whatever the supposed grievances, these were just scenes of wanton and disgraceful criminal behaviour.

Are you referring to the scenes inside or outside Parliament? :D

Maybe someone should be having a quiet word with the security people responsible for managing their route...

Someone is going to be loosing there job or be on sh!t shovelling duty for a very very long time

News: Armed police praised for their restraint. But all praise is due to the Royal Family's devotion to duty. Wills and his nuptials will drag us out of the economic gloom but Chaz and Cam's heroic diversionary tactic has knocked the VIth-form rioters off the front pages. Hip-hip-hurrah!

Charles probably also makes sure his driver is sober before climbing into the car...

These random acts of violence are definitely helping the cause. Saying that there's probably a lot of people who aren't even students and just turned up for the kicks.

Mostly because I speak fluent sarcasm and I often forget that it's not always picked up in text form ;)

These random acts of violence are definitely helping the cause.

I'm afraid I don't agree. True, it's gaining greater publicity for the campaign, but surely the wrong sort of publicity! In fact, it is counter productive as it disaffects many moderates who otherwise would have been sympathetic and supportive towards the cause.

Mass demonstrations to publicise the iniquity of the policy, yes. Violence or vandalism, no.

Sadly, I think the amount of violent protests will increase, not just about student fees but on a wide range of other contentious issues. That is a by-product of having a Government that has not been democratically elected or its policies properly endorsed by the voters, but still it is inexcusable and has no place in our society. Two wrongs don't make a right!

Mostly because I speak fluent sarcasm and I often forget that it's not always picked up in text form ;)

Sorry, I don't speak fluent sarcasm, only fluent English and the true meaning of your comment went right over my head. However, my response still stands, for the benefit of anyone who truly believes that violent disorder is an acceptable response to even the worst injustices of misguided Government policy. :)

Again I clearly misjudged the vibe of the general discussion part of the forum here :p

That is a by-product of having a Government that has not been democratically elected or its policies properly endorsed by the voters, but still it is inexcusable and has no place in our society. Two wrongs don't make a right!

To be fair I don't think it's a by product of anything, whenever there is any sort of protest/gathering particularly in London there's just a plenty of people who like things to kick off and they clearly don't care about the issue at heart. Wonder how many of the same protesters turn up to all these different "riots" that happened over the years.

Again I clearly misjudged the vibe of the general discussion part of the forum here :p

To be fair I don't think it's a by product of anything, whenever there is any sort of protest/gathering particularly in London there's just a plenty of people who like things to kick off and they clearly don't care about the issue at heart. Wonder how many of the same protesters turn up to all these different "riots" that happened over the years.

Yes, but they feed off other people's discontent and sense of injustice. When any government creates such a feeling of discontent and injustice, rightly or wrongly it fans the flames and therefore, regardless of the rights or wrongs, it is a by-product. I'm not endorsing or condoning it in any way, just stating it as a fact.

i have to say... this kind of thing makes me want to Don a police uniform and batter the next student that complains there hard done to... my baton might have a nail sticking through the end :cool:

Now that attitude is just as bad and inexcusable as that of the violent minority. Your post is also grammatically incorrect, which probably gives you more in common with many students than you realize! :D

Now that attitude is just as bad and inexcusable as that of the violent minority. Your post is also grammatically incorrect, which probably gives you more in common with many students than you realize! :D

ha ha shush now :p

i never went to uni so i have an excuse by the sound of it :p
plus to debt either :)

all in all i just dont like students....

Mob mentality is a great thing, just need a few trouble makers. If people were that concerned about the government they should've voted properly last year, a lot of students would've been old enough to do so. Not to mention that spending on education has been unrealistic over last decade and this bubble was going to burst sometime, except everyone chose to ignore it until it came to this, it really is a little too late to start smashing up London now.

Media isn't helping this either of course concentrating on the violence with little mention of thousands of peaceful protesters.

ha ha shush now :p

i never went to uni so i have an excuse by the sound of it :p
plus to debt either :)

all in all i just dont like students....

Apparently so, to all of that! :D

Media isn't helping this either of course concentrating on the violence with little mention of thousands of peaceful protesters.

A peaceful quiet protest does not make good news stories though.

If people were that concerned about the government they should've voted properly last year.

Many of us did, only to find out later that our vote was being hijacked to support a government and policies for which we definitely would not have voted.

Sure, it was a hung parliament and the Liberals decided to join the Conservatives in a coalition government. Once the Spending Review had been published, however, another general election should have been called to gain the electorate's endorsement. Without that it is an imposed government that has not been democratically elected.

i have to say... this kind of thing makes me want to Don a police uniform and batter the next student that complains there hard done to... my baton might have a nail sticking through the end :cool:

Unfortunately it's idiots like you that get to be police officers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brain-op-for-student-hit-by-truncheon-2156207.html

Also, these students AREN'T hard done by...they're protesting that FUTURE students will be hard done by. Which they now most definitely will be. £27k of fees to be paid back with an interest rate after you graduate (yes, it's £21k limit on when you start...however the £15k base level was up for discussion in 2011 and would've been increased. Taking into account inflation etc. £21k in 2016 will be the same as £15k in 2010). Plus the debt will be taken into account if you ever apply for a mortgage/loan. Going to a bank and saying "oh I've got £25k of debt, I earn £21k - can I have a mortgage please?" is not likely to be successful.

Many of us did, only to find out later that our vote was being hijacked to support a government and policies for which we definitely would not have voted.

Sure, it was a hung parliament and the Liberals decided to join the Conservatives in a coalition government. Once the Spending Review had been published, however, another general election should have been called to gain the electorate's endorsement. Without that it is an imposed government that has not been democratically elected.

Uh uh, remember the rules - no politics or religion.

(y)

Unfortunately it's idiots like you that get to be police officers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brain-op-for-student-hit-by-truncheon-2156207.html

Also, these students AREN'T hard done by...they're protesting that FUTURE students will be hard done by. Which they now most definitely will be. £27k of fees to be paid back with an interest rate after you graduate (yes, it's £21k limit on when you start...however the £15k base level was up for discussion in 2011 and would've been increased. Taking into account inflation etc. £21k in 2016 will be the same as £15k in 2010). Plus the debt will be taken into account if you ever apply for a mortgage/loan. Going to a bank and saying "oh I've got £25k of debt, I earn £21k - can I have a mortgage please?" is not likely to be successful.

I like your reasoning, James, spot on! :)

Uh uh, remember the rules - no politics or religion.

(y)

Oooops, sorry! Guess I was straying close to the line, even if it was just to clarify something which a previous poster didn't seem to understand! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back