Rugby World cup 2015 thread

I'd add Argentina and Australia to the list of teams that are playing at close to their best. The australian back line look dangerous, and their back row will be causing wales severe problems on saturday. maybe gatland will reverse his position on tipuric and start him, I think he is our most undervalued player, and would be my first pick for the back row.

I can't see us within 10pts of Australia, they are looking as though they are peaking at just the right time,we have too many vital positions filled by a 2nd or 3rd choice selections.Tipuric is an awesome all-round player, it has been suggested that he is more than capable of playing in any position from 15 to 7, did'nt he start his rugby at centre? .

Apologies if this has already been posted :)

EDIT: Link removed as may cause offence

Last edited:
Fiji looked impressive last night, ok it was against Uraguay, but they looked damned good. I watched the game in a pub with music pounding, what was the red card for that was given to the Uraguaian scrum half? it all looked a bit like handbags?
Romania gave themselves a nudge towards a 7 nations set up ( or even dump Italy and bring in romania instead;)) , there are not many sides that come back from 15 nil down to win in interational rugby.

The red was a result of a second yellow. TBH, I thought the whole 2nd half was a bit handbaggy but still quite entertaining! TBH, I'm getting a bit rugbied out so am rationing myself or just glancing at the screen if it sounds interesting.

Reactions: mex
Am I the only one that feels a little bit sorry for the Americans...:naughty:

Yep!

:)

Am I the only one that feels a little bit sorry for the Americans...:naughty:

Quite an amazing turnaround for the team that looked so poor against Japan.

The USA team looked pretty shell shocked by the end of the game.

No padding, no helmets, no 10 minute ad breaks every 20 seconds - poor lambs!

Just imagine if rugby were big in the USA though!

Massive lawsuits every week as kids got bruised playing at school?

possibly, though if they ever decided they were interested and could hack the lawsuits everybody else would be worried

The ref in the Tonga- NZ game is a disgrace, 3 times the AB's drop the scrum and on the 3rd scrum he shouts 'use it' to the Tongans..s*** house refereeing.

Yes it was a great game. If Samoa had more discipline then Scotland would be sweating now on the result of the last game. But good to see another home nation go through.

Well this is off to a good start

Re Scotland Samoa, you can see why sport isn't good for you.
My heart was racing!

Maybe Wales can start scoring tries now they only have to play against 13 men?

Maybe Wales can start scoring tries now they only have to play against 13 men?

Some defence by Australia. We must be within their 22 for 10 minutes and still no points.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Carlsberg did rugby defence...

Ooh, another penalty...

Didn't fancy our chances at all against the most dangerous back line in the tournament. But an hour into the game I really thought we could win this, and with 3 near miss tries we were a lot more competitive than I anticipated.

We had a good chance of reaching the final with a win today, but things are very, very difficult now. But having beaten SA recently and their form not certain, and also France have knocked out NZ previously, means an slim chance of making progress....

Wales spent too much time trying to batter their way to the try line instead if using width and the extra men. But South Africa are by no means unbeatable.

Back