weekly Samuelslade007 TP 52 Class of 2016 .... the beginning of the End. FINISHED

Beautiful landscape, and vast indeed! May be just me but the darkness in the right bothers me a little. I can imagine myself sitting and just 'watching' it.

...as they say......"the darkness is coming......run towards the light."

That is stunning love the B&W conversion but would like to see the colour too

I'll see what I can do.....I took it as part of a timelapse sequence so I might be posting the video for ur viewing...there was sweet cloud movement that day..

Horizontal - That shot was stairing you in the face ;)
Nicely alternative / abstract.
Vast - I'm going to agree (hypocritically) that the right hand side is a bit dark for my taste, though obviously it is artistic choice... Agree with others that the sky/cloud rendition is excellent.

Horizontal - That shot was stairing you in the face ;)
Nicely alternative / abstract.
Vast - I'm going to agree (hypocritically) that the right hand side is a bit dark for my taste, though obviously it is artistic choice... Agree with others that the sky/cloud rendition is excellent.

it does look dark..i think what doesn't help is that that area is forest/woody area..so maybe the processing took it darker still..

... bad puns are not allowed here young Man!!

Lovely landscape Frank and I like it in b&w. Yes a bit dark on the rhs but detail there which a quick swipe of the PS Dodge tool will easily recover I should imagine.

Horizontal - they are horizontal enough for me I like the light and shadows.
Vast - I would like to see it in colour, a bit dark for my taste but I like the sky and clouds.

Very nice your vastness-ness (y)

Week 17 - Rough

26151146854_218b88468f_c.jpg

Rough - I like the grain and textures of the wood.
covered - Interesting find certainly fits the theme, are they wagons or caravans?

That's a great find Frank - could spend some time with the camera with the caravans for sure. Is Rough an owl sculpture - excellent texture in the grain. Covered makes my eye rove around the image as there's a lot of detail to take in. A bit of restoration work going on ... thankfully. Spot on with the b&w processing. :clap:

That's a great find Frank - could spend some time with the camera with the caravans for sure. Is Rough an owl sculpture - excellent texture in the grain. Covered makes my eye rove around the image as there's a lot of detail to take in. A bit of restoration work going on ... thankfully. Spot on with the b&w processing. :clap:

there is indeed some restoration going on...well.. one i think is being patched up up after being on the road for some time and the other is from the ground up rebuild that's been there some time i do believe..

the owl is one of a pair, the other in the background

Nice (wide) angle and processing. Cool image. (y)

Rough really like the texture in the grain of the wood of the Owl is the black boarder only on 3 sides?

Covered great find love the processing on this one

Hi Frank. I like that - nice abstract, very Colourful of course. If anything, I'm tending toward the non-vignette camp because I think the larger the visual image, the greater the colour impact but a good one either way.

Hi Frank, that's a nice capture for vast - thoroughly on theme and well executed. However, I'd agree completely with:

Beautiful landscape, and vast indeed! May be just me but the darkness in the right bothers me a little. I can imagine myself sitting and just 'watching' it.

Rough works well and follows what appears to be your "style" of dark darks, high contrast and either strong saturation or B&W :) And FWIW, I like that style!

Covered is a good story image. For me the vignette isn't strictly necessary, though. Nice spot, well captured and effective processing (vignette aside!)

Colourful - it works, but the underexposure (which I'm guessing was chosen to make it look more saturated?) is a bit too in your face. I agree with others that the vignette here works :) But I'd prefer to see more, soft light to allow us to focus on the colours and shapes rather than get dragged into hard, dark shadows... Still a good image and definitely on theme :)

Back