weekly Samuelslade007 TP 52 Class of 2016 .... the beginning of the End. FINISHED

SamuelSlade007

RENEGADE!!!!!!
Name
Frank
Edit My Images
No
... Let us bow our heads for a moment and reflect before undertaking this task as laid out before us....also because the bar will be set so low you might knock your head on it..

..SO...

..no rules..
...no thirds here..
....if thirds are seen it's purely by accident of coincidence
...next...there are no coincidences
...if swirls and triangles are seen, its because nature made it that way, or it is the way of the Engineer.
... no exposure compensation... if exposure does try to claim, no matter how small a sum, it won't be paid...
... no eagles... they are in the cupboard drying out..
..no selfies.... if a selfie is seen its because i photobombed my own image out of sheer insanity from not being in front of the camera..
..if you see leading lines..lead in.... leadding... ..whatever... those lines, its because those lines were photoshopped in later and draw the eye away from the obvious intended focus of the image and you have been fooled...

....SO......the beginning of the End, begins... later today... maybe tomorrow.... but it will be soon...rest assured...there are no rules..

Week 01 - Metal
Week 02 - Captive
Week 03 - Miniature
Week 04 - Happy
Week 05 - Abandoned
Week 06 - Camouflage
Week 07 - Dangerous
Week 08 -Topical
Week 09 - Living World
Week 10 - Spiky
Week 11 - Artificial
Week 12 - Personal
Photo24
Week 13 - Effort
Week 14 - Technology
Week 15 - Horizontal
Week 16 - Vast
Week 17 - Rough
Week 18 - Covered
Week 19 - Colourful
Week 20 - Entry / Entrance
Week 21 - Size
Week 22 - Forgotten
Week 23 - Stone
Week 24 - Simple
Week 25 - Signs
Week 26 - Flora
Photo36 - LOL...
Week 27 - Activity
Week 28 - Life
Week 29 - Hidden (Message)
Week 30 - Lonely
Week 31 - Fauna
Week 32 - Static
Week 33 - Game
Week 34 - Serene
Week 35 - B and W
Week 36 - Ancient
Week 37 - Urban (Decay)
Week 38 - Pair
Week 39 - Big
Week 40 -
Week 41 -
Week 42 -
Week 43 -
Week 44 -
Week 45 -
Week 46 -
Week 47 -
Week 48 -
Week 49 -
Week 50 -
Week 51 -
Week 52 -

Last edited:
So.... once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered weak and weary.... inspiration hit me yet again like final demand from water board...

Last edited:
Morning, maybe, Metal, decent start and you spelt it correctly ;)

Captive, looks like you took a photograph of a TV screen, but another decent start to your 52.

Cheers.

Very inventive take on the themes in both shots. The 'metal' looks a little dark to me, and a pity about the distracting bg in the 'captive' shot - but the slogan on the 't' shirt makes it!

thanks Em... metal was supposed to be on the dark side, to reflect the sort of music i'm into atm... as for captive... the bg is integral to the shot...

Morning, maybe, Metal, decent start and you spelt it correctly ;)

Captive, looks like you took a photograph of a TV screen, but another decent start to your 52.

Cheers.

thanks andy... i will take it as a compliment to my convent upbringing regards spelling.... and the irony is i'd remarked to the wrestlers how i was brought up on World of Sport and Big Daddy, as well as the 2-30 @ chepstow... though tbh, this shot is pretty much SOTC as i use a custom picture style

Hi Frank. Two very interesting shots and unusual takes on the themes. Well done on getting started on your '52 - best of luck with the rest.

Metal? Like the idea, but I am rather distracted by the grid background. maybe a plain background

Not sure on the captive but like your idea for the metal theme.

I'm going to agree with several of the other comments, the wrestlers shot looks like a shot of a telly (CRT though, not LED).
And for Metal, great concept, but yes the background is a bit distracting.
Onwards and Upwards :)

Thanks all for the comments......but are u saying the style of the wrestlers being given the TV look is a bad thing?

Great battle scene Frank - looks like these minifigures are proving popular :)

That is a really well composed and nicely lit scene Frank which has created a sense of drama. It has all the hallmarks of a very intense showdown.:clap:

Hi

Metal - nice idea and like the lighting but agree with others that the background is a bit distracting
Captive - nice action shot, not sure about the processing.
Thanks all for the comments......but are u saying the style of the wrestlers being given the TV look is a bad thing?
Not necessarily a bad thing but for me it doesn't add anything to the image, if anything it's more a distraction for me. Will be a personal thing though (much like the selective colouring I used for the theme).
Miniature - Now that is a great shot - DOF, story and processing (the TV look again?) work for me.

I agree with the others, a well executed photo for miniature. Quite a collection you have there, made me smile.

All up to your normal (Weird) standard Kev (y)

Metal - Good idea I like it but I an see what they mean about the background.

Miniature - spot on for the theme I really like the image

Hi Samuel/Frank/Kev !!

Metal - Took me a second to focus on the pin heads rather than the dark spots, nice idea, really like the background too (ignoring the ocd smudges)

Captive - Action well caught, sure does look sooc, and going by your introduction I gather there will be minimal PP, so in this case, it looks 'live action' for sure

Miniature - OOo very nice, well set up, liking the DoF, the shadows and the widescreen bands top and bottom (y)

Is the vignette added too or lens attribute ??

Great start to your 52, this looks like it's going to be a hell of a journey on this one !!!

Hi Samuel/Frank/Kev !!

Metal - Took me a second to focus on the pin heads rather than the dark spots, nice idea, really like the background too (ignoring the ocd smudges)

Captive - Action well caught, sure does look sooc, and going by your introduction I gather there will be minimal PP, so in this case, it looks 'live action' for sure

Miniature - OOo very nice, well set up, liking the DoF, the shadows and the widescreen bands top and bottom (y)

Is the vignette added too or lens attribute ??

Great start to your 52, this looks like it's going to be a hell of a journey on this one !!!

Thx dk.. the vignette is added in a crafty way.. BUT... the full frame and wide angle did create so oddity to the edges that I do like

....the smudges and glue stains are a consequence of my playing with strong glue and foam mats..

That is a really well composed and nicely lit scene Frank which has created a sense of drama. It has all the hallmarks of a very intense showdown.:clap:

thanks carl...

I agree with the others, a well executed photo for miniature. Quite a collection you have there, made me smile.

thanks chris.... its been in the cabinet a while and feature in a 52 a couple of years ago...

Spot on for the theme and very effective dof, must have taken a bit of time to set that up.

thanks susie...yep... and like dominos... the stormtroopers were ******r to set up.... moved the whole scene once.. then again...

Metal - Good idea I like it but I an see what they mean about the background.

Miniature - spot on for the theme I really like the image

thanks...the bg is very marmite i'm finding... could be worse though...i could suggest the spreading of marmite on :jaffa:

may i ask though.... did anyone relate the signage in the space he's being thrown into to the overall composition? i didnt place it there btw...i just made sure i was in that spot

Great minature shot; an unexpected juxtaposition of two kinds of toy. Good use of DOF too, I think it makes it look like there are more fighters than there really are.

Those Lego men are gonna get taken apart.

Great miniature shot, I like the DoF and the vignetting.

I didn't know the Blood Angels, but my money is on the Storm Troopers!

Back