Santoini (yet again) *IMAGES ADDED*

Name
Wayne Dicks
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some of my efforts in Santorini.
It's the only place I think I could take photographs of Hotels and apartments and get away with putting them on here.
I especially like how they merge into the rock-face.
The stairs were very well made and simple.......liked them.
The rest are attempts at composition by me.
To all you sunset experts-excuse the last image. Just wanted some foreground detail.

Tried to avoid the blue domes etc. but couldn't stop myself in the end.
If you don't like them please tell me, it's important I don't keep wasting everyone's time putting the same old trash on here.
Thaqnks
Wayne

Last edited:
Nice shots, (y) Ive got exact same shots as 2 3 and 8, we sat up by the far windmill at sunset (y) where did you stay we stayed at Marillia Village perivolos

We only stayed for three nights at the Galatia Villas behind Thira.
It was enough to be honest.
Glad to get back to Crete for a swim, and somewhere flat to walk.
Thanks for the comment.

Interesting place, looks good. Seen so many photos like the ones posted here - my only minor crit. Must be hard to get unique photos in such a popular place. Same thing with the Highlands in Scotland. I just rely on different light and hope it makes the phto unique enough.

Gary.

Interesting place, looks good. Seen so many photos like the ones posted here - my only minor crit. Must be hard to get unique photos in such a popular place. Same thing with the Highlands in Scotland. I just rely on different light and hope it makes the phto unique enough.

Gary.

You are absolutely right. Having seen images everywhere over the years I felt as if I'd been there before.

These are the only images I can testify are original as far as I am aware.

This dog was laid on the edge of a huge drop. poor flea-bitten thing!

I liked the feline theme here but missed a trick with just about every aspect of taking a decent photo!

This is my wife after a long hot wind swept day. She hates it I love it. Reminds me of something out of the sixties.

This dress shop was over the bay and I couldn't resist these mannacins (Spelling)

Here are some of my efforts in Santorini.
It's the only place I think I could take photographs of Hotels and apartments and get away with putting them on here.
I especially like how they merge into the rock-face.
The stairs were very well made and simple.......liked them.
The rest are attempts at composition by me.
To all you sunset experts-excuse the last image. Just wanted some foreground detail.

Tried to avoid the blue domes etc. but couldn't stop myself in the end.
If you don't like them please tell me, it's important I don't keep wasting everyone's time putting the same old trash on here.
Thaqnks
Wayne

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Very nice pictures that bring home the holiday feel without looking like holiday snaps.

You are absolutely right. Having seen images everywhere over the years I felt as if I'd been there before.

These are the only images I can testify are original as far as I am aware.

This dress shop was over the bay and I couldn't resist these mannacins (Spelling)

mannacins - (correct spelling) - shop dummies (y)

I want to go to Santorini

Thanks for the positive feedback. It is really a beautiful place but most of the images are for memories and hard drive only. Everyone has seen them before.

What does **** me off a bit though is that I have seen a fly's eye close up many times, and sunsets galore. Cars and bikes going round circuits very fast and fighter planes swooping through the valleys. Never hear a peep about 'seen it all before.'
These shots take skill and patience. An interest in your subject always helps, that is fully understood. It takes money from hard work to fly to these places, there is some dedication surely. Yes it is a holiday. But so is a trip to London or Edinburgh.
Pure photo snobbery.

So Santorini snappers, I will be pleased to see the blue domes and whitewash any time on here or anywhere else. A well taken photograph in a tourist resort (even one of the most beautiful in the world) is as good as a well taken image of a poppy field.:muted:

Thanks for the positive feedback. It is really a beautiful place but most of the images are for memories and hard drive only. Everyone has seen them before.

What does p155 me off a bit though is that I have seen a fly's eye close up many times, and sunsets galore. Cars and bikes going round circuits very fast and fighter planes swooping through the valleys. Never hear a peep about 'seen it all before.'
These shots take skill and patience. An interest in your subject always helps, that is fully understood. It takes money from hard work to fly to these places, there is some dedication surely. Yes it is a holiday. But so is a trip to London or Edinburgh.
Pure photo snobbery.

So Santorini snappers, I will be pleased to see the blue domes and whitewash any time on here or anywhere else. A well taken photograph in a tourist resort (even one of the most beautiful in the world) is as good as a well taken image of a poppy field.:muted:

But no ones said anything like that in this thread, yes we have seen them before, thats why I put my twist on Santorini of doors and taking Arthur and Martha, I will never tire of seeing Santorini shots either, thanks for sharing yours, (y)

Last edited:
Back