Daily Sarah's 365 31st December 2013 - The End! (CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE ACTUALLY FINISHED!!)

I like it! Looks good :)

Thank you :)

Nice conversion - bloody awful subject :LOL: Although it does have a certain something about it :)

LOL, not a brilliant subject, but strangely photogenic.

Great image. I think you have given it a bit of a depressing title though. Should have gone with "Future Swings" - sounds much more optimistic ;)

All changed, yours is a much better title, thank you :)

Look good in mono and I like the different tread patterns :)

Thanks Sam.

Oooh Sarah I really like that!

Thanks Toni, might do a series in the workshop.

Sorry Sarah but this one's not doing much for me - the mono works well though - maybe another visit and a close up shot of one of the more interesting tread patterns might be worth considering later on ?

Jim

Sheep! I love photographing sheep - they usually look at me (while I baaa at them) and then run away as soon as I hold the camera up! This is a great shot as you got them both looking at you. :)

I think the processing really works on the tyres shots, adds to the 'abandoned' feel.

Sorry Sarah but this one's not doing much for me - the mono works well though - maybe another visit and a close up shot of one of the more interesting tread patterns might be worth considering later on ?

Jim

No problem Jim, we can't all like all the shots, but glad the mono works for you. I'm thinking of doing a project down here, so might try a tread close up for you sometime :)

Sheep! I love photographing sheep - they usually look at me (while I baaa at them) and then run away as soon as I hold the camera up! This is a great shot as you got them both looking at you. :)

I think the processing really works on the tyres shots, adds to the 'abandoned' feel.

Thanks Lynn, these seemed to quite like my baa noises & whistles, so I was lucky. Want to go back when they are a bit more active.

Wow Lambing time :eek: but then it is March I guess so not all that surprising :eek: where is this year going already...keep up the great work Sarah

Cheers Matt, know what you mean though, can't believe it's March already & that I'm still doing this.

Superb shot of the old tyres - suits b/w perfectly.

Thanks Bob.

Tyre shot works well Sarah !!

Cheers Vince.

I really like this one Sarah... I love tyre shots. my eldest see this one too and liked it he's doing a race technician course at Silverstone so his kinda thing!.. Look forward to seeing more (y)

Lovely colours in that and apart from the bubbles looks like a painting - I like it :D

Today's is gorgeous, I think it would lok great as a canvas, all those patterns in the water. Love it! :)

I really like today's, another with a gorgeous dreamy quality to it, nice focus, nice DOF, nice everything! (y)

Lovely story and nice shot - modern lovehearts always seem so pale in colour to what I remember...

Really like yesterdays Sarah, todays is just sweet:D

LOL, very good, thank you :)

I really like today's, another with a gorgeous dreamy quality to it, nice focus, nice DOF, nice everything! (y)

Thanks Sam

Lovely story and nice shot - modern lovehearts always seem so pale in colour to what I remember...

Know what you mean Jim, they say some odd things on them as well, mostly not romantic at all. More acidic in the colours as well, hence the processing to tone that down.

Love 1st Love !!!!!!! I'm a romantic at heart

Glad to hear it Vince, we all should be :)

‎8th March 2013

Echoes of the Somme

Wanted to really try to get the feeling of the weather today, it started off misty & grey & by this afternoon was foggy and raining. Usually standing at this point on the bridleway, you can see the hedge line curving into the distance with another tree at the end of it, but today it had completely disappeared into the fog.

8th-March-2013 by Sarah Brooke, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hey Sarah....catching up here....

Village Pond and Sunset Shot are just wonderful...I'd be getting both of those blown up, framed and on the wall.

Wine time.....another brilliant shot...lighting is spot on. Love the Lego man (1st March), great shot, well thought out and made me laugh. Nice shot too of the bank windows (y).

Great shot of Castle Ashby Lake...as you said that shot will be even more beautiful with a lovely summer sky :). Lol love the sheep shot too.

Nice mono shot of the tyres too, really works well....love the name Jedi Racing Cars :D.

Love the abstract of the pool, nice processing on the love hearts too, a lovely little romantic reminder.....and a nice atmospheric shot for today too (y)

Dunno about the title but it's a nice atmospheric shot that the mono suits well :)

Thanks Jim, Andy suggested the title as he said it reminded him of some of the shots of blasted trees from old WWI images. It's not quite mono, I've used a bleach bypass technique to take out most of the colour but retain some.

Hey Sarah....catching up here....

Village Pond and Sunset Shot are just wonderful...I'd be getting both of those blown up, framed and on the wall.

Wine time.....another brilliant shot...lighting is spot on. Love the Lego man (1st March), great shot, well thought out and made me laugh. Nice shot too of the bank windows (y).

Great shot of Castle Ashby Lake...as you said that shot will be even more beautiful with a lovely summer sky :). Lol love the sheep shot too.

Nice mono shot of the tyres too, really works well....love the name Jedi Racing Cars :D.

Love the abstract of the pool, nice processing on the love hearts too, a lovely little romantic reminder.....and a nice atmospheric shot for today too (y)

Thank you for that catch up and taking the time to go through the images. Glad you like them.

Back