Daily Sarah's 365 31st December 2013 - The End! (CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE ACTUALLY FINISHED!!)

Bugger the Piemen ;)

The George is one of my most favourite hostelrys in the UK :D Always used to go there after Burghley trials. Where are the pics of this fine place :D

Thank you Simon.

Thanks Jim, I do like very simplistic quite hyper real images, which I guess can come over as clinical, I sort of like the almost botanical illustration feel that it can give.
The lens used on this was a 100mm f2.8 macro & f25 gave front to back focus on the bottle & the whole flower, no problems with softening in the image.
As for the saturation in the yellow, I do find that some really bright flowers of a single colour can look too overblown in an image & in the original RAW file, the outer petals were the same colour as the centre, which they are not on the flower, so with the flowers next to the computer, I adjusted the colour saturation & balance to what I could see in the flower.
Hope that explains my thinking :)

Cheers Jake.

There may not have been perceived loss of sharpness due to diffraction but this site does suggest that shooting above f/16 should be avoided.
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/488-canon_100_28_50d?start=1

As always in life it's a balancing act and a trade off...

LOL - nice funny topical shot :)

Hope the Migraine improves soon

Thank you, faded to a miserable headache now, but ignoring it in the hope it goes away :)

Bugger the Piemen ;)

The George is one of my most favourite hostelrys in the UK :D Always used to go there after Burghley trials. Where are the pics of this fine place :D

Too busy having lunch to take photo's, but might pop over another day in the sunshine & have a photo afternoon there. It is very nice, you'll have to come over sometime & we can meet up there :)

Them pair are always Horse Playing lol! Great capture Sarah

LOL, thanks Vince :)

spoiled by the person farting on the pies on the left..... :LOL:

I know, I took 3 shots & their arse is in every one :)

There may not have been perceived loss of sharpness due to diffraction but this site does suggest that shooting above f/16 should be avoided.
http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/488-canon_100_28_50d?start=1

As always in life it's a balancing act and a trade off...

Dare I say I ignore figures :) or is that bad :) I have to say I've never had any problem with the lens shooting over f16, the sharpness doesn't seem to be affected. (I actually haven't read any of those reports etc, as I don't realy understand them fully, I got on what looks right when it's shot & printed)
I've had a couple of images using this lens blown up to 1m x 1.5m & the images are tack sharp. I shall have a read though.

Glad you liked the icicles :)

Last edited:
I like that and love that they are smiling for you!..... The sign is funny and I bet it works drawing people to their stall

I like that and love that they are smiling for you!..... The sign is funny and I bet it works drawing people to their stall

...only to ask where they can now go to find Pies with Horse in them - as they now don't seem to taste as nice :coat:

...only to ask where they can now go to find Pies with Horse in them - as they now don't seem to taste as nice :coat:

You know what makes me laugh is everyone always used the saying 'I'm so hungry I could eat a horse' ..... Yet now we actually have been everyone's complaining! :LOL:

Lovely and detailed with nice tones - find the OOF blossom a little distracting - mainly due to the brightness :)

Can I ask why the Flickr EXIF info is so "sparse" on your shots ?

Jim

Love the pie shot :)
The forks are brilliant with great DOF
But... the blossom takes the lead - absolutely gorgeous :clap:

Lovely and detailed with nice tones - find the OOF blossom a little distracting - mainly due to the brightness :)

Can I ask why the Flickr EXIF info is so "sparse" on your shots ?

Jim

Thanks for the input Jim, no idea why the exif info is sparse, I usually save for web before uploading & think that takes it out, but really have absolutely no idea :)

Love the pie shot :)
The forks are brilliant with great DOF
But... the blossom takes the lead - absolutely gorgeous :clap:

Thanks Carol, I love this time of the year when it starts to come out.

I usually save for web before uploading & think that takes it out, but really have absolutely no idea :)

I think you're right - this is lovely and crisp and although I hate to do it I agree with Jim about the other bloom being distracting. Shame it wasn't still a little pink bud like the rest.

I love it Sarah :) I keep meaning to buy a pack of blue and green papers to do similar; I love the effect it produces.

18th March 2013

Foggy & Frosty Again

Knew I was going to be busy this afternoon & out this evening, so quickly popped out to the local country park this morning, hoping to get a couple of misty images of the reservoir, unfortunately, it was so foggy you couldn't really see it, so ended up in the field next to it to take this shot of the frosty trees & field.

18th-March-2013 by Sarah Brooke, on Flickr

I really like this, the tones are lovely - but yes, apart from the lack of leafage it does look very autumnal.

Blue can get so boring ;)

Was very foggy wasn't it!.... I wish spring was here! .... Great shot tho Sarah...

Like all 3 of your recent shots. The forks work well!

Thanks Jake

I really like this, the tones are lovely - but yes, apart from the lack of leafage it does look very autumnal.

Blue can get so boring ;)

Blue can get so boring! PAH! You wouldn't say that if you were looking out of my office window at the moment. I have absolutely zero inspiration today, it's either going to be more cutlery or maybe the blossom which has now come out almost fully in the conservatory.

Was very foggy wasn't it!.... I wish spring was here! .... Great shot tho Sarah...

So do I Trace, spring can't come soon enough.

19th March 2013

Tulip

Well with another dull day outside, I thought I'd shoot a really bright tulip & give my day a shot of real colour. This one is very bright for me, I don't usually got for really bright backgrounds, but thought I'd give it a try. The flower is exactly as it looks, but the paper colour has come out differently in the shot, but I like it better than the original green of the paper.

19th-March-2013 by Sarah Brooke, on Flickr

Blimey so much brighter looking on here than on Facebook - I realy like it, nice and vibrant and crisper than a very crisp thing (y)

Back