Sarah's 52 for 2010 - Now continued in part 2

New grunge shot is excellent. The processing works really well. Looks like a fine art image apart from the subject :LOL:

I prefer the first beginnings. The composition and depth of field combined with your usual excellent processing have produced another stunning shot.

Andy

Hi Sarah, I prefer the first one. It works really well and I love the water droplets. I would never think to do processing like this and I am sure that this shot would not be anywhere near as effective without the processing (double negative but hopefully you will know what I mean). I would be interested to know what you did.

I have not had much success with my Raynox. I really need to get some more practise.

Jenny

Your second grunge shot is outstanding. The processing knocks the first one into a cocked hat.

It's good to see you shoe-horn a few ideas into this theme too for the sake of a good photo. I like beginnings though and those close-up filters aren't so bad are they.

Thank you all for your comments !

I've left it a bit late this week to reply to everyone individually, been working away again.

But to pick up on the common themes.

I'm glad that the grunge reshoot went down well and "knocked the other into a cocked hat!" (never heard that phrase before and I love it!)
So it seems that "fine art grunge" is a winner . . . :thinking: Maybe that could be a new genre of photography ?????

For beginnings, the first one was always intended to be the entry for the week. The second was just to illustrate the difference with and without the filters.
They're nowhere near as good as a dedicated macro lens, but for the price they're not bad at all. Will have to see how much use I get from them, before I consider splashing more cash on a new lens.

Anyway, thank you all once again, I'll see you over in part 2.

Thread continued here

Back