Save Top Gear.

Edit My Images
No
Following Richard (hamster) Hammonds recent accident various do gooders and politicians have been calling for Top Gear to be pulled. The BBC have postponed indefinately the upcoming 'best of' episode and the new series that Richard was injured filming for.

Here is JC's column from The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006440317,00.html

Please sign the petition below and make your voice heard. And better still spread the word to any forums you frequent.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Also, the following link is to donate to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. They are the guys that flew Hamster to hospital and probably saved his life.

http://www.justgiving.com/phrichardhammond

Signed, Clarkson is a good writer aint he?

Signed - hate this kind of knee jerk reaction (y)

I signed it then found out I broke the law doing it.... Hrmph aparently I'm not allowed to take part or sides in anything political.... please don't tell on me.

Duly signed with pleasure..:)

Signed - Next thing you know the 'do gooders' will have the national speed limit applied to all road vehicles, ANYWHERE :puke: :puke:

Signed!

Signed

Signed. :)

Speed doesn't kill. Drivers do.

12953 signed now, including me.

Damn Clarkson is a good writer. That piece for the Sun was a very very good read.

Signed.

If it turns out that the cause WAS a burst tyre, then someone had best ban me from the road - I've had two go in the past 15 years. VERY scary, and that's only at 70(ish!) mph.

I get the feeling that the Hamster is going to be coming out with all guns blazing when he hears that there's talk of it being scrapped!

What are we actually saving here? Yes, Top Gear's critics are calling for it to be axed - not so much because of H&S, but because TG costs an awful lot of license payers money - and if you don't like it, then I guess it's fair enough that you should want the money spent elsewhere (for the record I do like TG).

But yes, anyway - critics are calling for it to be axed, but nowhere have I actually read yet that the beeb are considering a terminal axing, just suspension while the incident is being investigated. Which is fair enough.

14399 now.signed

i watch precious little in the way of programming on the BBC because quite frankly its crap, id qiuite like top gear and its presenters to have my license fee in its entirity (tbh ik dont care what they do with it as long as the writers of little miss jocelyn get non of it)

top gear is a brilliant prpogram, its got a great following and is fronted by 3 men who bounce off one an other. they are also all highly skilled drivers dispite not holding racing licenses.

if you dont like it, dont watch it! stupid ****faced doo gooders!, just turn it off, i do the same to most bbc programs!:rules:

signed 14700 now. Top Gear best show on BBC even TV by far. Hilarious every week, great entertainment.

if you dont like it, dont watch it! stupid ****faced doo gooders!, just turn it off, i do the same to most bbc programs!:rules:

And the sort of programs you don't like on the beeb are the sorts others adore - and they may not like TG.
The beeb produces some very varied & high quality programs. The fact they're varied means that nobody is going to love everything that they churn out, so it's all about trying to get a "fair ballance" for everyone. Thing is, though, TG has a flooping mahoosive budget. And that's where people start to slate it - and fairly so.

Apparently the BBC have said it is only delayed until Hamster is well enough to do the 'Live' hangar show and interviews etc, they want to make sure he is back and part of the show before they air the series, they did NOT say it would not return at all, so hopefully that is encouraging that we may see Top Gear again soon.

Get well Hamster

It maybe that TG is expensive to produce but it one of the BBC's most successful programs with around 350 million viewers worldwide. I am sure they do quite well out of it.

The issue is that the BBC is very much a political organisation and if too many politicians, enviro'mentalists' and generally miserable people are allowed to have their say then there is a real chance that the show could be pulled. Although it is only a small risk if the BBC can see they will have a substantial fight on their hands then any thoughts of pulling the program will be quickly dismissed.

I'm the 18000th Signature :woot:

signed (23549) The trouble with Top Gear being expensive is that in order to balance the books we get 1001 cookery shows.

Signed. If I want to see how a new Vectra drives, I'll test-drive one. If I want to see how a Bugatti drives, I watch TG...

Signed.

We are forced to pay the licence fee, so we should have our say in what we watch.:razz:

Back