Name
Craig
Edit My Images
No
Being a sport photographer for many years now i am used to capturing the action but recently started looking into shooting Landscape work and found it very peaceful and relaxing, Enjoyable but difficult at the same time. I visited the Highlands of Scotland and caught a few shots,

CMC_0013.jpg

CMC_0032.jpg

.CMC_0010-2.jpg

They all look a little under exposed, but I do like the composition of the last.

What is the awful red "slash" on each one?

Thanks Viv1969, I will need to sort out the exposure, The red slash is a watermark automatically put on when exported from lightroom when i was resizing the images. I keep forgetting to turn it off and i am just used to it now

Number 1 isn't very often shot, so fair play on that one mate.

I really like the composition of number 2, Lagangarbh is such an iconic shot, it's hard to find something original, a fair bit of noise in the sky, but a wee bit more PP would sort that.

Black Rock is just a classic scene, and you have to have it in your bag if you're passing, it's rude not to. Looks like you got some good light.

All could do with a little lift in exposure/drop in contrast, but hey, for a motorsport guy, you're not doing too bad ;) Will have to head out for a shoot sometime....I keep saying it, but one day!! lol

Cheers Martin yeah i am defo up for getting out sometime, Get to know the places better and pick up a few tricks of the trade.

All a learning game for now. Shot 2 for me was actually picked up from an idea i got from a guide i watched to the area and the light not being great try to create a new effect and scale was in my mind at this one, It had a bit of PP editing to help add some real drama to the sky, Always learning and any feedback for improvement is always appreciated.

I like the first one, though it could do with a little more exposure and maybe a crop from the bottom, there's too much blurry water at the base for me.

Back