Script Writer (EBS Scripts version 2.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I will give that a try. Cheers for the advice.

Very impressed with it and will more than likely become a purchaser of it once I get home from work this evening.

There are a lot of new features and a couple of new programs planned too such as an EXIF viewer, DVD case generator etc Not many people have registered yet which surprises me when I look at the number of downloads!

Can you track which version has been downloaded a lot? Are there still lots of people downloading, or are people simply using old versions they downloaded ages ago?

In my experience, if you can get it for free, people will take it for free. Maybe you should set up some sort of shop! I feel less guilty about not paying for it because I am doing beta testing for you, but if I get a job then I will pay for it as you've put a lot of effort in...

There are a lot of new features and a couple of new programs planned too such as an EXIF viewer, DVD case generator etc Not many people have registered yet which surprises me when I look at the number of downloads!

I think that I will be inclined to retry and more than happy to register and pay if it ends up something I'll use. To be honest, I started out interested but the rapid application development put me off - if you get to a stage when you want to baseline a stable version, publish that what it works with and what it doesn't, I think that interest will pick up. Baseline and polish, get your documentation up to date.

Two other things occur to me. Firstly I wonder if the TP Shop should have sticky 'shops'. We have a number of 'commercial friends' on TP, Blurb, you, lens hire etc, I see nothing wrong in the forum having hand in hand agreements. Secondly - and I suspect that this is going to come out badly - if there is insufficient registered interest, is the project worth your time? It is nice to be charitable, it's also nice to pay the gas bill.

Chris

We are pretty well at a stable version now which is why I am looking at other things too. Version 2.12 has been under test and basically fixes a few compatibility issues with elements.

I think that I will be inclined to retry and more than happy to register and pay if it ends up something I'll use. To be honest, I started out interested but the rapid application development put me off - if you get to a stage when you want to baseline a stable version, publish that what it works with and what it doesn't, I think that interest will pick up. Baseline and polish, get your documentation up to date.

Chris

I agree with this. I was very interested in this and you were exceptionally helpful to me in sorting out early problems, but I got put off to some extent by the constant changes and updates. I left it completely for a while, then returned last week in the hunt for the latest version as I needed to frame a specific shot. I dl'ed the latest version and could get nothing to work, just error messages. Now I'm sure that this was user error on my part, but I couldn't be bothered trying to sort it out and ended up just doing a very simple border using layers.

I too thought I would wait for the dust to settle, then try again and I would have no problem paying up if I get a stable version that I end up using.

PB

Ok, newest version is being uploaded and this should be stable and working. I would just make sure that any old versions are erased then this should just work. Any problems and I am sure they can be sorted quite easily.

Ok, newest version is being uploaded and this should be stable and working. I would just make sure that any old versions are erased then this should just work. Any problems and I am sure they can be sorted quite easily.

That is kind of my point. If you baseline, bug fix, document and issue everyone knows where they are. It does not stop you and Beta testers continuing to develop and issue on a release schedule, it would also give us a chance to use and give guidance on features that would be useful for future development. It seemed that I'd install, tryout, work out what I'd done wrong to find that I was several issues behind.

Sorry to sound ungrateful for your efforts.

Chris

No problems. I just kept having endless ideas about what I could add so I added them! It should be stable now but I am now suffering from a bug with the Forum software which has decided to overwrite post number 1 with post number 3 when I edited it just to add the new version number. Unfortunately this contains all the descriptions of the software and all manner of stuff!!

Version 2.12 has now been uploaded.

This should be a stable version which should just work. If there are any problems then please let me know.

Updated the first post for you as requested. Please go check it to make sure (Had to manually copy / paste from the edit history)

Updated the first post for you as requested. Please go check it to make sure (Had to manually copy / paste from the edit history)

Marcel,

Thanks VERY much for sorting that out there was a strange error. The edit buttons had "VOTE" and something else on them then when I clicked the normal advanced edit button so that I could change the title it just brought up the contents of post 3. I thought I must have clicked on post 3 by mistake so came out of it to find post 3 and post 1 the same !!

Sorry about that, I always carefully go through and make sure the version number is correct on each program *BUT* the install program is stored elsewhere to avoid nasty accidents and I forgot. I am just uploading a correction but you do not need to download it as the only difference is the message in the install program. IT IS V2.12

Yes it is this and it can be horrifically annoying to program !! I think it was necessary though! It can actually go through your entire collection and recreate it elsewhere all as jpegs!

Hi Darren

Limiting Character for a filename, I don't seem to be able to type one in on latest release

Allan

It is working ok here and there have been no changes to that field so if it worked before it should work now! Can you select the field? If so can you backspace?

Yes the box was a little small and I have sent you a new version by email. I have also uploaded the same version so if anyone needs the box larger then just download the software again and copy the "EDITOR - EBS Scripts" file into your scripts directory on its own.

Development Request - Can the limit file char be used on output as well, so i can choose it for the text on the picture, and also for the filename that I am saving. (especially if im using the batch program).

This might be in but i cant see how to do it. :)

Allan
PS - I like to keep you busy (as you know)

I will sort that for a later version. Following what was said by quite a few people earlier I am trying to keep the features stable now whilst any existing bugs are sorted and I will add that to version 1.2 I will then limit the upgrades to maybe every 2 months with the version that WILL come out later available first to beta testers then a week or so early to others as a beta test.

I dabbled a bit with Exif as it was known in the old days
Come back after spending far too long on the day job
My word things have moved on a bit

Many congrats to Cowasaki (and others) for what looks like a mammoth project.

Right, that's the bs out of the way

I just downlaoded the manual (thought I'd read it first :) )
fine
downloaded 2.12

hmm doesn't quite match the manual, but, I'm a man I can live with that
started CS4 found install.js (not jsx, but - see earlier remarks)
ran it - got a nice comfort message:

Script Alert
Install Script Writer version 2.12 build [1]
Yes No

followed by

Script Alert
Installation complete

Please remember to register if you have not already done.
OK

restarted CS

er then what - no sign of any new actions
not sure what to do next
scan-read the entire thread again
still confused

any clues please?:shrug:

=================================

oops
re-read the manual (!!)
Appendix 3
Vista stuff
(well that can't apply - I'm the administrator - I have full rights)
(er - don't I?)
(bugger!)

seems I have some scripts now

(creeps away quietly - hopes no-one notices)
:bonk:

I dabbled a bit with Exif as it was known in the old days
Come back after spending far too long on the day job
My word things have moved on a bit

Many congrats to Cowasaki (and others) for what looks like a mammoth project.

Right, that's the bs out of the way

I just downlaoded the manual (thought I'd read it first :) )
fine
downloaded 2.12

hmm doesn't quite match the manual, but, I'm a man I can live with that
started CS4 found install.js (not jsx, but - see earlier remarks)
ran it - got a nice comfort message:

Script Alert
Install Script Writer version 2.12 build [1]
Yes No

followed by

Script Alert
Installation complete

Please remember to register if you have not already done.
OK

restarted CS

er then what - no sign of any new actions
not sure what to do next
scan-read the entire thread again
still confused

any clues please?:shrug:

=================================

oops
re-read the manual (!!)
Appendix 3
Vista stuff
(well that can't apply - I'm the administrator - I have full rights)
(er - don't I?)
(bugger!)

seems I have some scripts now

(creeps away quietly - hopes no-one notices)
:bonk:

Your avatar is great, it always makes me smirk!

Yes the manual is SLIGHTLY out of date as it is at version 2.11 rather than 2.12 I will be sorting that in the next few days but I am also doing another couple of projects at the same time (the hardware USB interface - For time lapse photography etc and a new one that I am going to finish before sharing which is project camcom :))

The Vista Feature/bug is seriously annoying but it does not matter about what rights you have it has to be done no matter what!!

Oh and don't forget you need to run "EDITOR - USER data" in order to create your user files !!

cheers cowaski
it's all working a treat now!

well done you

cheers cowaski
it's all working a treat now!

well done you

Thanks, that came as a nice surprise. Thanks for registering, is your paypal email address your primary one? If not send it to me via PM so I can add you to the distribution list for future upgrades etc.

Hi Darren

I've been having a play with the batch script and am finding that it's suppressing all the exif and metadata info, regardless of which script it uses ... is there an easy fix for this please?

Hi Darren

I've been having a play with the batch script and am finding that it's suppressing all the exif and metadata info, regardless of which script it uses ... is there an easy fix for this please?

What are you saving the pictures as, which format?

What are you saving the pictures as, which format?

Just tested this, using the Jpeg option, it puts Exif in the border but strips it if you look at the Exif with a viewer, is it saving for web by any chance.

Just tested this, using the Jpeg option, it puts Exif in the border but strips it if you look at the Exif with a viewer, is it saving for web by any chance.

Yes it does save for web when saving jpegs.

Well I have now added a "preserve EXIF" option to the batch processor and sent it out to all the registered users and beta testers. It will be part of the next version.

Hi Darren

Done and sent :)

batch212b.png

Just ran the new one on Elements 6, worked fine.

Thanks for that Darren, only just managed to get back here :)

Using the "ASK" function and override text.....

Well this is something I added that has probably not been used by many people but I think it is quite useful. There is an option that you can tick of "ASK" within the EBS editor:

ASKeg.png

As you can see the ASK option is ticked for the "TOP" line. What this will do is it will bring up the filename in a box when the script is run so that you can edit it. This edited text is then dealt with just as if it was the normal text so it will be centered etc.

ASKrun.png

You will also notice the "RIGHT" text is being overridden with the text I have chosen which is "Copyright 2009 \xA9 Cowasaki". This is because whilst I am writing the scripts my personal data is being constantly ruined !! But YOU could use this to have several different copyright notices for example for a company name, personal name and for Talk Photography!

Great programme cowasaki (y)
It really looks the business
( if I ever figure it out:D)
It only took me 2 days to work out the
"install" I am totally useless with things like this :bang:

I have been "investigating" all the boarders but when I try the Graphical border I get
error 1225
object expected line 140 ->
( with a picture open in CS3 & windows XP)
Am I missing something?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back