Script Writer (EBS Scripts version 2.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you know everything worked perfectly first time on CS4 (Windows 7) :cool:

If you want me to help you with the CS2 problem i will - However dont go out of your way for me as i do all my photos on CS4.

Thanks

It is only guaranteed to work on CS3 & CS4. It does work in MOST cases on CS2 but occasionally requires a bit of a poke :)

Glad it works. Have a good play, some of the stuff is very useful. The package comes with about 8 scripts, the idea is that you keep those that you want and create new ones to add to them to do specific tasks and save them with a relevant name.

Sorry another question:

What i want to achieve is to put a border and copyright info on all my images WITHOUT any resizing.

When i do images individually my ~6Mg Jpegs come out at ~7Mg - Thats no problem.

However when i run a batch process (using the same script as above) my ~6Mg Jpeg files come out at ~2Mg Jpegs.

Changing the jpeg max file size to something silly like 99999Kb appears to have no effect.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sorry another question:

What i want to achieve is to put a border and copyright info on all my images WITHOUT any resizing.

When i do images individually my ~6Mg Jpegs come out at ~7Mg - Thats no problem.

However when i run a batch process (using the same script as above) my ~6Mg Jpeg files come out at ~2Mg Jpegs.

Changing the jpeg max file size to something silly like 99999Kb appears to have no effect.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Have you put 0 for the horizonal and vertical sizes?

Just tried it with 0 and 0 and with max file size and Photoshop's built in jpeg routines do drop the file size. Unfortunately those routines are built in so there is not that can be done other than saving them as TIFFs/PNGs etc Remember that the scripts are telling Photoshop what to do, it will still use all it's built in procedures.

Just tried it with 0 and 0 and with max file size and Photoshop's built in jpeg routines do drop the file size. Unfortunately those routines are built in so there is not that can be done other than saving them as TIFFs/PNGs etc Remember that the scripts are telling Photoshop what to do, it will still use all it's built in procedures.

Ok thanks - :)

Ok you could do it like this.....

Run the batch as normal and save as PNG

Then batch process the same directory with the following specially written script called "DO NOTHING.js" with the option set to save as jpg. The second script literally does nothing and can be used to simply change a whole directory full of files to a new format.

This may well work, let me know.

DOWNLOAD DO NOTHING SCRIPT

If it does not work then no way round it but at least you have this new script which can be useful.

One thing ive noticed after playing for hours.... It would be handy to have a As% tick box for main text/border.

Without it from what i can gather you can only select pixel size. This is ok if all your photos are the same size/or your resizing them via the script.

But if you create a border for a picture 800x1200 and then want to use the same border for say a 5000x7500 its out of proportion. (Asuming you dont want to resize anything like me)

Just an idea for the future if its even possible.....

(y)

Ok when i run the script i get "no files to process"

Thanks anyway

No that is the error message for pointing the batch processor at a directory containing no images :)

Copy the "do nothing" script into your script directory then run Batch and click on do nothing when it asks which script then point at the directory containing your images then the new one.

One thing ive noticed after playing for hours.... It would be handy to have a As% tick box for main text/border.

Without it from what i can gather you can only select pixel size. This is ok if all your photos are the same size/or your resizing them via the script.

But if you create a border for a picture 800x1200 and then want to use the same border for say a 5000x7500 its out of proportion. (Asuming you dont want to resize anything like me)

Just an idea for the future if its even possible.....

(y)

That is how it should work but when I totally re-wrote the borders routines last april I forgot about the percentage bit completely!! Anyway I have re-written it all this evening.

So there is a replacement version 2.14 now uploaded....

see next post

NEW VERSION 2.14 build 2

1. Basically it adds the border size as a percentage procedures which were forgotten a while ago.
  2. It corrected the horizontal position of the vertical text in the borders.
  3. It adds a DO NOTHING script so you can use BATCH just to change a folders worth of files to another format without changing them.
  4. It adds another EBS file - EBS - BORDERS PERCENT which demos the fixes.

Basically a fix for TIGER_FEET who noticed the problem....

To upgrade to Version 2.14 build 2 from Version 2.14 build 1

1. Download the zip file and uncompress.
  2. Copy the files COW_LIBRARY.LIB and EXIF BORDER MAIN SECTION.LIB from COWLIB in the zip file into the directory with the same name inside your scripts folder.
  3. COPY the files DO NOTHING.JS and EBS - BORDER PERCENT.JS from the installation ZIP file into your scripts folder.

Having been using your old script for a while I finally got around to testing the EBS version at the weekend. At the moment I don't think I can use it - I'll come onto that in a bit. But here's some feedback which I hope other people may find useful when installing.

The Vista fix needs to be done on Windows 7 as well. It wasn't obvious - I was hoping it might not be necessary as Win 7 is much more relaxed on access control.

CS4 has a 64bit version which is a different executable in a different directory, so the Vista fix needs to be applied to the right directory subset. Took me a while to work out why I couldn't see the installed scripts. I think it is covered in the docs, and probably me being dumb.

It was quite hard working out from the docs into which directory a copyright image should go. I did work it out in the end though.

Selecting "Dark grey" (or it might have been another shade of grey) in any of the edit scripts resulted in an error.

The real problem for me though was the copyright image in location absbottomright couldn't be moved relative to the bottom right corner. It always appeared hard bottom right without any indentation. Tried a negative value, but that moved it into the centre. I suppose I can still locate the image relative to the top left, but that means a script for portrait and landscape which I was hoping to avoid.

Cowasaki - I think you've done a great job on these(y). I always said you should charge. Going to whack a tenner into your paypal as we're still using your original free script regularly here.

hello, all.. How in the flinkin blip do I get the panel script to create me a 10x8 image with 3 rows and 3 columns?

Is there an easy way or is it just math (which I am clearly no good at)?

hello, all.. How in the flinkin blip do I get the panel script to create me a 10x8 image with 3 rows and 3 columns?

Is there an easy way or is it just math (which I am clearly no good at)?

so you want 3 images by 3 images each image 10x8 inches/cm/feet? with how much of a gap?

Hi cowasaki,
well you see there in lies my issue...
Pretty much whatever makes it even.
I think I am being a bit stupid here but I am suffering from baby brain I think as I became a dad 2 days ago ;-)

Basically I wanted to be able to say
I want an image 10x8
I want 3 row x 3 col...
Go make look pretty
;-)

Hi cowasaki,
well you see there in lies my issue...
Pretty much whatever makes it even.
I think I am being a bit stupid here but I am suffering from baby brain I think as I became a dad 2 days ago ;-)

Basically I wanted to be able to say
I want an image 10x8
I want 3 row x 3 col...
Go make look pretty
;-)

If the borders are 1 unit in size and each picture is 10x8 then the image will be 34 (1+10+1+10+1+10+1) x28 (1+8+1+8+1+8+1)

so if you make a "unit" 20px you would have images of 200x160 with 20 border (you could use any size unit as it is the ratio we want)

If you want the whole final panel to be 10x8 then:

we start with 34 for the width and to calculate the height........

34/3.4 = 10 ....... 28/3.4 = 8.23529

so we just need to use our "8" so 8x3.4 = 27.2

(1+a+1+a+1+a+1) = 27.2

right so

3a = 23.2

a = 23.2/3

a = 7.73333

so back to our panel we would have

1 + 10 + 1 + 10 + 1 + 10 +1 by 1 + 7.7333 + 1 + 7.7333 + 1 + 7.7333 + 1

and using 20px again

Horizontal is 10 x 20 = 200 px
Vertical is 7.733 x 20 = 155 px (app)
Border is 1 x 20 = 20 px

So what you need to do is RESIZE your images to 200x155 THEN use them.....

Hmmmm not really THAT simple was it !!!

Ok Ok....

I will modify PANEL to accept a TOTAL size option as an alternative :)

Thank god you thought so too
I had cropped and re-sized my images to 10x8 already so would have to re-crop to fit the method above.

Thanks cowasaki your a saint!

Thank god you thought so too
I had cropped and re-sized my images to 10x8 already so would have to re-crop to fit the method above.

Thanks cowasaki your a saint!

Just need to take your 10x8 images and crop them to 10x7.733 and run them through it and your final image will fit in a 10x8

Do you know how to crop to specific pixel sizes in PS?

Right you want 10"x8" @ 300dpi

So 3000 x 2400 pixels

We will have a 1/2 inch border with 1/4 inch border around the pics

1/4 inch border is 75 pixels (300x0.25)

1/2 inch border is created by having 75 in the "Extra width of outer border"

So 150+w+75+w+75+w+150 = 3000

& 150+h+75+h+75+h+150 = 2400

w = 2550/3 = 850
h = 1950/3 = 650

So you need 9 images 850px by 650 px

Just crop your images to this size and place them images in a folder.

exampan.png

Just noticed something today - the date formatting seems to have a bug - it seems to always use a 'th' ordinal suffix rather than 'st', 'nd' or 'rd'.
:bonk:

Just noticed something today - the date formatting seems to have a bug - it seems to always use a 'th' ordinal suffix rather than 'st', 'nd' or 'rd'.
:bonk:

It DIDN'T do that, not sure what happened there. Will take a look.

noticed the day has a leading 0 if that helps.

also the today's date option gave me February instead of March

Date function has been fixed (Hopefully all reported bugs)....

The "Install214" zip file on the server has now been updated with corrected "cow_library.lib" file....

If you want to fix an existing installation just click HERE. Then replace the file called "Cow_Library.lib" inside your "Presets/Scripts/Cowlib" directory with this new file.

From a quick look change line 58 in "Cow_Library.lib"
to...
Code:
return DayOfMonth+" "+monthsArray[Number(month)]+" "+year;

Hmmmm. Cheers Paul, I hadn't had the time to look at it. As you know, this is what happens when you modify one bit.... Another breaks.

The master copy is now updated and I will upload it as part of the next version.

is this still available to download ? cant find it on your website ? I have checked the front page and followed the links !

Its ok, i found it eventually :) isnt link on the first post, but is in the second :) not easy to find direct from your site though ?

I am going to update the site when I get a moment but really busy!

have noticed a little bug-ette, i have pictures with april date stamps that the script is labelling as May, this is using CS5 and OS X ? feels odd editing pictures that i shouldnt have been able to take yet ;) isnt a big deal cos ive just turned the date thing off, but worth looking at when you get chance.

Ian,

Many thanks for registering, it is appreciated :)

That error has been spotted before and Paul_Mr (top programmer (y)) He beat me to the fix which is shown above at post #311. I have JUST uploaded the fixed files so other people will not have the problem.

I have uploaded just the file you need as well so click on this link below

DOWNLOAD REPLACEMENT COW LIB

and just copy it over the existing one which is stored in

PHOTOSHOP DIR :: Presets :: Scripts :: Cowlib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back