Script Writer (EBS Scripts version 2.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great programme cowasaki (y)
It really looks the business
( if I ever figure it out:D)
It only took me 2 days to work out the
"install" I am totally useless with things like this :bang:

I have been "investigating" all the boarders but when I try the Graphical border I get
error 1225
object expected line 140 ->
( with a picture open in CS3 & windows XP)
Am I missing something?
Cheers

Run "EDITOR - EBS data"
Select "EBS - Graphical Border.js"
Look in the section "Graphical Border" for the field "Filename" and it should show a graphic image eg wooden1.png (see #239)
Now goto your EBS directory which should be in your user directory and look for a file with the same name. Does this exist?

Have you run "EDITOR - EBS user" ???

Sorry I asked now :D
I can't see a graphic image but the filename is there
but not in the user directory

I don't think I have run "EDITOR - EBS user" is it a separate operation?

Sorry I asked now :D
I can't see a graphic image but the filename is there
but not in the user directory

I don't think I have run "EDITOR - EBS user" is it a separate operation?

You need to run "EDITOR - EBS user" before you can use the scripts properly. If this is the problem then once you have run "EDITOR - EBS user" it will all work.

Go to the scripts section and that script should be in the list - just run it and it will create your user files and bring them up on screen for you to edit. Just edit them and click SAVE.

Now all the scripts should work fine.

If you have taken a while to install the files it may be that you have not actually copied all the files to the right place.

You need to run "EDITOR - EBS user" before you can use the scripts properly. If this is the problem then once you have run "EDITOR - EBS user" it will all work.

Go to the scripts section and that script should be in the list - just run it and it will create your user files and bring them up on screen for you to edit. Just edit them and click SAVE.

Now all the scripts should work fine.

If you have taken a while to install the files it may be that you have not actually copied all the files to the right place.

Cheers for that I will have a look and try and figure out what you are saying :bang:
It actually took me a couple of days to figure out but downloaded and installed fairly quickly once I semi-understood it.
you could well be right the files might not be where they should be I'll go back to the manual as well thanks (y)

I have deleted and re-downloaded the files.
Every thing seems to be where it should be this is the only bit thats not working
so I am not really that bothered thanks (y)

New feature added to Swap top and bottom plus left and right text in the borders. Feature added to an intermediate 2.13 version which will go to registered users and beta testers for the moment.

I've just downloaded and had a go at installing. As usual, nothing works properly with me. You manual and other references here refer to install.jsx. CS3 is looking for a *.jsx file. All I have after unzipping is an install.js file, which CS3 will not recognise. Next???

I've just downloaded and had a go at installing. As usual, nothing works properly with me. You manual and other references here refer to install.jsx. CS3 is looking for a *.jsx file. All I have after unzipping is an install.js file, which CS3 will not recognise. Next???

.js and .jsx both refer to javascript (and are interchangable like jpg and jpeg) but they may not both be linked to the correct app. Just go into photoshop and run the script using the BROWSE option at the bottom of the script list, it does give this as one of the ways to run it in the manual.

jsx wouldn't work in cs3 for me ( XP pro) I used js

NEW MANUAL​

For all those struggling along with an out of date manual there is a new version of the manual in the downloads section.

The manual is actually for version 2.13 (yes the manual is now NEWER than the script) :)

The only difference is the SwapTB and SwapLR fields.

.js and .jsx both refer to javascript (and are interchangable like jpg and jpeg) but they may not both be linked to the correct app. Just go into photoshop and run the script using the BROWSE option at the bottom of the script list, it does give this as one of the ways to run it in the manual.

I did use the browse function. But I've sorted it now. What I didn't see was that in the file type menu there is an option for js in addition to the default jsx. As usual I'm the only person who comes up against these sort of things as nobody else has mentioned it

Money sent (y)

Now this should be interesting :LOL:

Got message 1.
Got message 2.

Return to me txt...............

FL_ScriptsFolder = /c/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CS3/Presets/Scripts
FL_UsersDocumentsDirectory = ~/My%20Documents
FL_UsersPicturesDirectory = ~/Pictures
BridgeTalk.appName = photoshop
$.os = Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3

Well we've not been here for a while, the beta testers had version 2.13 whilst everyone else only had version 2.12 I have today received a GPS module for my D200 and D1x so now there is a new version nearly finished including:

GPS location
GPS altitude
GPS time
GPS date

With the ability to replace the date information from the left border with this information by clicking another option box.

If anyone else has a GPS unit then I could do with a picture file to test it with so if you could let me know that would be helpful.

Well this is an example of version 2.14 running. I have added a flag "If GPS present replace left text" so that you can keep your existing left hand text but when you use the GPS it automatically replaces the standard left text with the GPS data. Most of the work on this went into sorting the GPS data out!

gpsexam.jpg

This is the script "ALL EXIF DATA" and not something you would use every day!

Here's one with gps data

http://mjevans.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p735189358.jpg

There are more with gps in this gallery if you need them.

Are you looking for photos with any gps data, or photos with data from different gps units? I've got another different type of unit as well. Maybe a third if I can figure out how to work it. I'll get round to trying your prog some day......on the list of things to do.

Version 2.14 has gone off for BETA test......

If anyone wants a sneak preview of SPLIT.js which is similar to Panel.js but uses ONE picture and splits that rather than using multiple pictures then you can read this thread here:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1614849#post1614849

Otherwise the new version will be 2.14 from weekend. Version 2.13 has been missed out for general use but the registered users and beta testers got it.

Version 2.14 has now been uploaded.

This should be a stable version which should work. If there are any problems then please let me know.

Main additions are:

a new script - SPLIT which creates panels or triptyches based on a single picture to complement the PANEL script which works on multiple pictures.

addition of the GPS information

change in the way that dates are displayed so that they are shown as 17th June 2009 rather than as 17/10/09 etc

Also the manual has been updated.

That is two updates in one day iPhone v3 and Script Writer v2.14 :)

Downloaded and looks great, registration money sent via paypal.

cheers

Hi,

would the installation be the same with Windows7?

Thanks

Hi,

would the installation be the same with Windows7?

Thanks

There are specific Windows and MacOS installation instructions in the manual and at the start of the thread. Don't forget the VISTA SPECIFIC EXTRA PAGE OF INSTRUCTIONS if you have Vista or Windows 7 though.

Oh and Greg,

If you have any problems just ask.

sorted thanks.

Hi Cowasaki,

Ive just been looking at this and it looks great!

I have a very basic question though ( ive never done anything with script)

Q: Is it possible/how easy is it to change the border colours? eg i hate red! what i like is a black border with a thin white line

Also i read about adding logos? Is the script available for this?

Cheers

Hi Cowasaki,

Ive just been looking at this and it looks great!

I have a very basic question though ( ive never done anything with script)

Q: Is it possible/how easy is it to change the border colours? eg i hate red! what i like is a black border with a thin white line

Also i read about adding logos? Is the script available for this?

Cheers

Its all menu driven, you can select the colour etc very easily. Once you install it just run the editor and make your changes.

Its all menu driven, you can select the colour etc very easily. Once you install it just run the editor and make your changes.

I see now :cool: I'll have a play with this tonight - expect another subscriber very soon (y)

Thankyou

EDIT: Just seen your location, is that Bamber Bridge, Preston?

Another question (sorry)

To change the copyright image... Basically how? Is there a folder somewhere i need to put my png file into?

Another question (sorry)

To change the copyright image... Basically how? Is there a folder somewhere i need to put my png file into?

Once you have installed the script via photoshop you have to run "EDITOR - USER DATA" in order to setup your user information (this is so that multiple users can use the system. Once you do that your personal EBS directory is created inside your home directory called "EBS". (This bit so far is the normal install part so you should be up to this bit now)

The folder "EBS" contains a directory called AUTOSAVE plus the default lib files and the PNG files used for your install. Save your copyright file inside this directory called say "COPYR001.PNG" now all you need to do is create or edit a script file using "EDITOR - EBS DATE" and change the filename on page 2 where it shows "copyright image" this is set to "ICON.PNG" as standard so just change it to "COPYR001.PNG".

That will do it :)

Thats what i thought - however this is the error i get when i do so:

Error 1233: Expected a reference to an existing file/folder
Line:0
-> //@include"/c/program%20file/adobe/adobe%20photoshop%20cs2/presets/scripts/cowlib/EXIF Border Lib.lib";

Ive just realised im on CS2 at work - i'll try cs4 at home later unless you can suggest anything?

EDIT: I should add, using your logo works - along with every other option. Ive also tried changing your logo slightly, saving it to keep the file size etc all the same and i get the same error.

Thats what i thought - however this is the error i get when i do so:

Error 1233: Expected a reference to an existing file/folder
Line:0
-> //@include"/c/program%20file/adobe/adobe%20photoshop%20cs2/presets/scripts/cowlib/EXIF Border Lib.lib";

Ive just realised im on CS2 at work - i'll try cs4 at home later unless you can suggest anything?

That looks like it has not been installed correctly.

If you open the install directory you should find a directory called COWLIB copy this into your SCRIPTS directory as it is ie go to PROGRAM FILES then ADOBE then ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS2 then PRESETS then SCRIPTS and copy it there

THEN copy the directory INSTALLERS "EBS" into the COWLIB directory.

THEN copy all the files from inside of the INSTALLERS "EBS_SCRIPTS" folder into the SCRIPT directory (the actual script directory not the COWLIB directory)

THEN copy all the files from inside of the INSTALLERS "SCRIPT" folder into the SCRIPT directory (the actual script directory not the COWLIB directory)

No restart photoshop CS2 and in the scripts menu you should see a whole list of new scripts, all the ones starting "EBS - " are the supplied scripts which you can edit and all the other new ones are the actual programs. To begin with you need to run "EDITOR - USER DATA".

It works well with CS3 & CS4 but sometimes you need to install it manually as above with CS2.

Ive done as suggested and still get the same error. (i think it had originally installed correctly as i had all the EBS scripts listed within photoshop)

I'll try at home later on CS4 to make sure its not my works PC dicking about.

Thanks for yor help

Ive done as suggested and still get the same error. (i think it had originally installed correctly as i had all the EBS scripts listed within photoshop)

I'll try at home later on CS4 to make sure its not my works PC dicking about.

Thanks for yor help

Can you run the script CREATE DATA and post the result it might point at what the problem is.

Right, i didnt have a "create data" script. So i copied it from the downloaded files and put it into "scripts" myself.

when i run it i get: Completed please upload the results file. I click ok and thats it.

Right, i didnt have a "create data" script. So i copied it from the downloaded files and put it into "scripts" myself.

when i run it i get: Completed please upload the results file. I click ok and thats it.

There will be a text file called "RETURN TO ME.TXT" in your scripts directory.

FL_ScriptsFolder = '/c/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CS2/Presets/Scripts'
FL_UsersDocumentsDirectory = '~/My%20Documents'
FL_UsersPicturesDirectory = '~/My%20Documents/My Pictures'
BridgeTalk.appName = 'photoshop'
$.os = 'Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3'
OperatingSystem() = 'XP'
Folder.myDocuments = '~/My%20Documents'
FL_UsersEBSDirectory = '~/My%20Documents/EBS'
version = '9.0.2'
EBS version = '2.11'

Appologies - You may have guessed this script business is not my strong point.

At 13:49 when you gave me the error message is that definitely right?

Did it not say:

-> //@include"/c/program%20files/adobe/adobe%20photoshop%20cs2/presets/scripts/cowlib/EXIF Border Lib.lib";

If it did say "file" rather than "files" then that is the problem and I will sort it out for you. Lots of different versions of Windows/MacOS and CS !!

Just to let you know everything worked perfectly first time on CS4 (Windows 7) :cool:

If you want me to help you with the CS2 problem i will - However dont go out of your way for me as i do all my photos on CS4.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back