weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

Wet - I like the harbour scene - perhaps a bit more exposure and warming up the colour would enhance this.

Covid ribbons? Huh? *Googles

Can't find any info.

Nice. pic of a tree anyhoo :)

Wet
It looks great, good reflection, I love the subtle colour in the sky and the empty area of water in the foreground.

Topical
Covid ribbons, not something I've heard of, but then again, I don't get out much.

That's a new one on me too. I wonder why that particular tree??

I had no idea COVID ribbons was a thing
Like Allan says. That's a thing? Who Knew !
PABD eh/ At least it keeps you up to date.
Covid ribbons? Huh? *Googles

Can't find any info.

Nice. pic of a tree anyhoo :)
Wet
It looks great, good reflection, I love the subtle colour in the sky and the empty area of water in the foreground.
Topical
Covid ribbons, not something I've heard of, but then again, I don't get out much.
That's a new one on me too. I wonder why that particular tree??

There was a "Rock Snake" created during lockdown on the path by the tree, that disappeared and the ribbons appeared on the tree.
See
Link to rock snake

Pete

I've felt this week was really tricky too. I thought perhaps these were to do with HS2 and ancient trees being chopped down. I didn't realise they were Covid ribbons or that that was a thing. I had a read - nice community project. This theme has at least shared a few of the unusual sides of covid that we haven't all seen.

Topical - Definitely not aware of the "covid ribbons", you learn something new everyday. The rock snake looked great and very creative, I hope the rocks were retained somewhere.

Your artificial dog is great. Very nicely taken, and nicely composed.

The colours work for me in your autumn picture; I wonder if a square crop off the top might concentrate the viewer on the sweet chestnuts?

Wet is certainly damp!! Almost a shame you didn't risk your camera as some rain drops bouncing off the harbour's water might look quite impressive as well - but the composition is already very nice.

And COVID ribbons... Who knew! Certainly topical.

It's a little bit lost for me - there's a great scene there, but the lighting and fairly wide FoV aren't really doing it any favours for me.

Great fruit.. wondering if the exposure is a little dark with the earthy background?

There's a lot going on in that image, but I have to say that it's a bit dark on my screen. My wife loves beetroot, I can't stand it :D

I am a beetroot lover and we have been growing it too. That does look like a bumper crop.

There isn't really one spot that my eye is drawn to, so I think getting closer or cropping might help bring your subject to the fore. Possibly lying down to get a lower viewpoint too with more of the beet on display.... if you try the latter can we have picture evidence please :LOL:

It's a little bit lost for me - there's a great scene there, but the lighting and fairly wide FoV aren't really doing it any favours for me.

I Think I cropped in too far, there was a shed and also a big blue barrel which was distracting at the top.

Great fruit.. wondering if the exposure is a little dark with the earthy background?
There's a lot going on in that image, but I have to say that it's a bit dark on my screen. My wife loves beetroot, I can't stand it :D

It looks ok on my main screen, but a bit dark on my Laptop.

Looks like a nice crop there Pete. I might just have gone in a bit closer.

I am a beetroot lover and we have been growing it too. That does look like a bumper crop.

There isn't really one spot that my eye is drawn to, so I think getting closer or cropping might help bring your subject to the fore. Possibly lying down to get a lower viewpoint too with more of the beet on display.... if you try the latter can we have picture evidence please :LOL:

It was not my beetroot, it was shot through the fence of the allotment, so no lying in the mud, sorry to disapoint.

Pete

Nice sharp pointy building. You've got a lof of holoing round those fence bits! Some on the building too that can easier be shifted with a clone tool set to "Darken" :)

Like the building and your sensor is nice and clean, what building is it Pete?

Hi Roger, it's just a block of flats or should I say apartments here --- ((((Link))) ---

You should see the state of my Nikon sensor, but I change lenses on that camera far more.

Pete
Oh that is a clever shot, really appreciated the POV when you can see the whole building.

Sharp
Now that's a pointy bit of building. Lovely blue sky and I'm liking the light and shade.

Great sharp building - I like the point of view and use of negative space

For this weeks Theme Digital Age, I give you a Digital City.

Wk44 Digital Age by Peter, on Flickr

This is a PC Motherboard, which to me looks a bit like a digital city with some high rise buildings and streets. The background is the Windows XP background displayed on a laptop screen, so also digital.
I have added a bit of Tilt and Shift processing to put the near foreground out of focus a touch.
I used a 175 LED Photo light to add sidelight.

Pete

Last edited:
Nice sharp pointy building. You've got a lof of holoing round those fence bits! Some on the building too that can easier be shifted with a clone tool set to "Darken" :)
Love the sharp building - it reminds me of the Star Destroyers from Star Wars when scrolling down the screen.
I prefer the building, nice take on the subject.
I like the pointy building but the fence silhouette is very nice.
Definitely the building for me. Looks like a mini-Shard :)
Sharp
Now that's a pointy bit of building. Lovely blue sky and I'm liking the light and shade.
Great sharp building - I like the point of view and use of negative space

Thank you for all your comments.

Pete

Nice 'digital' image, very good for the theme and I agree about it looking like a city-scape. Are you sure you didn't use PS2020 to do a sky replacement ;):p:p:p

Digital: that's a very clever idea and something which could be developed in all sorts of directions (I'm thinking Blade Runner). Shame about the reflection of the laptop screen image onto the components of the motherboard, although I can imagine near impossible to avoid. Would superimposing the background image worth a shot?

Nice 'digital' image, very good for the theme and I agree about it looking like a city-scape. Are you sure you didn't use PS2020 to do a sky replacement ;):p:p:p

I jumped the Adobe gravy boat a while back so PS of any description was not used.

Is XP still classed as digital..? Surely that belongs in the stream age [emoji6]

I love the lighting on this - definitely a "digital city"?

Thank you Shugpug for your comments.

Digital: that's a very clever idea and something which could be developed in all sorts of directions (I'm thinking Blade Runner). Shame about the reflection of the laptop screen image onto the components of the motherboard, although I can imagine near impossible to avoid. Would superimposing the background image worth a shot?

Thanks Graham, Blade Runner was in my mind when I decided on the Image. Great Film.
Great idea Pete and very convincingly executed.

Thank you Helen.

Back