SHARE YOUR FILM SHOOTING OUTINGS HERE - Communal Thread (warning, may be picture heavy)

StephenM

I know a Blithering Idiot
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Asha, you're quite obviously in training now :exit:

Name
Geoff Blackmore
Edit My Images
Yes
Love Reading all your posts. I shoot 35mm and Digital but full agree with the sentiments about weight and the long wait for the right light.

My back pack often gets to 10kg as I carry more kit than Noah did in the Ark. Can get worse if I am birding for the day as have a spotting scope and 2nd tripod. Chemical processing I only do as I take transparencies, due to no room for a fully equipped Dark Room (kids still at home) .

OP
TheBigYin

TheBigYin

Staff member
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Geoff Blackmore
Edit My Images
Yes
Perhaps the Romans were looking for a fault in their paving as somebody put a dent in it. Sorry a bad geologist joke about Yorkshire and its limestone pavements and the local fault.

Last edited:

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't beat a nice limestone pavement...

Hope you took a nice big bag of Grikes back for the Mrs. ;)
At least the grykes weigh less than the clints ;)

Perhaps the Romans were looking for a fault in their paving as somebody put a dent in it. Sorry a bad geologist joke about Yorkshire and its limestone pavements and the local fault.
I'm sure Adam Sedgwick is turning in his grave :D although I would have thought the Craven was the local fault :geek:

Last edited:

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Out with a 10x8

This kit bag weighs about 10kg and I have to confess it was not an easy short 1.5 km walk here having not carried this weight for about a month.

Nonetheless I’m here waiting for the train to arrive in about 15 mins.

I doubt I’ll manage more than this one shot today but slow but sure I’m getting back into the big boys game ..... it’ll get up a mountainside soon I hope

View attachment 287214
Surprising the vibrations and draft from the train haven't caused too much movement to the camera ( unlike the bush!!) as the small panel on the top of the post showing details of the line is still legible.

This is straight off the scanner and actually needs rescanning as there is a little bit more image to the RHS but for the sake of this thread, it's a result (y)

Sans titre-2 retouched.jpg

StephenM

I know a Blithering Idiot
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I really like that effect. As a train photo, rather different from those of a former bishop of Wakefield, and makes me think of a film whose screenwriter was Arnold Ridley.

Andysnap

<span class="poty">POTY (Film) 2015</span>
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
And did you enjoy the experience?

Andysnap

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Ahem, there are ‘adult’ forums for asking such questions:exit:, so I’vebeen told:angelic:
Oh, I'm not allowed on any adult forums, that's why I spend my time on here :cool:

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
At last I managed to get out for to expose my first exposures using the intrepid 10x8 MK2 with its 5x7 reducing back.

The location offered no contact whatsoever with the outside world thus unable to share the images on location but now at home, negs hanging to dry, here are the goods.....

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
We went to Quarry Bank Mill today and I decided to take along my Polaroid SX70 that I’ve converted to shoot both SX70 and 600 film. I’d picked up a box of Polaroid Originals 600 a few weeks ago, but hadn’t been anywhere before now that I wanted to shoot images at nearly £2 per shot!

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5316.JPG

At some point, I’m going to strip the old porvair (fake leather) skin and fit the wenge wood veneer parts I cut ages ago. For now, it’s more of a ‘user’ camera :0)

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

When I made the ISO 600 ‘key’ for the camera, I used a 150ohm resistor. From shooting this film pack, I’ve found that it generally overexposes slightly in the central position on the exposure dial. When I remembered (!), I added some underexposure and the colours/details were a little better, although I still think I prefer the B&W film.

Andysnap

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes