SHARE YOUR FILM SHOOTING OUTINGS HERE - Communal Thread (warning, may be picture heavy)

So presumably you load the film with a standard dark slide, then in the camera withdraw that and replace with the half size slide, shoot, replace with standard slide, store film holder, find another location, rinse and repeat 'tother way up?
Precisely;)

Hoped for another composure but cloud closing in along with a very cold front. Light diminishing rapidly so best make a start on the descent as I suspect it will take about an hour and half going steady so not to slip on the wet rocks underfoot

Are you nearly there yet? Or shall we call mountain rescue? Mind you, I'm not sure their winch could cope with that rucksack! ;)

Are you nearly there yet? Or shall we call mountain rescue? Mind you, I'm not sure their winch could cope with that rucksack! ;)
Sat or more precisely, collapsed in a heap in my armchair at home.
I don’t even think I have energies left to eat lol

Tbh that was quite a tough outing for me especially carrying that weight ..... a complete round trip of 10miles and a fair amount of climbing from the village, in excess of 1200ft looking at the map.
No wonder I feel like I do.

Tbh that was quite a tough outing for me especially carrying that weight ..... a complete round trip of 10miles and a fair amount of climbing from the village, in excess of 1200ft looking at the map.
Total respect for this effort Asha, and hopefully you'll not suffer for it in the next couple of days. Maybe try reducing the weight or distance next time? :thinking:

I bet you could just drink a big glass of Vimto too... never mind, apart from that France is quite nice! ;) Joking aside, glad you got back safely and I'll look forward to seeing the photos. :)

Vimto! Do they still make that stuff?
Yes I could do with a can or two lol

Have you considered getting one of these?
231E73A9-6E32-44AC-9215-3B67EA83C372.jpeg

I know he lives in France but I'm not sure your impression of 'Crabtree the policeman from Allo Allo' is absolutely necessary for him to understand what you're saying? ;)

Sorry I meant to type
“‘Ave you consoodered gitting one if thuse?”

Have you considered getting one of these?
View attachment 296889
I know he lives in France but I'm not sure your impression of 'Crabtree the policeman from Allo Allo' is absolutely necessary for him to understand what you're saying? ;)
I wonder if Asha sometimes says to himself "s*d it I'll just use my pocket digi" o_O:D
Sorry I meant to type
“‘Ave you consoodered gitting one if thuse?”
Much better, he should understand that now. (y)
:bat:
Best watch your backs as I av friends in the uk (Clearly three less than I thought I had!:crying:):exit::LOL:

Ansel Adams wrote somewhere (I could look it up but can't be bothered) that when asked later in life what camera he used, said his answer was the heaviest he could manage. Or possibly the largest. Someone else can do the legwork to check. I prefer to exercise with a LF camera...

No pain, no gain.

Best watch your backs as I av friends in the uk (Clearly three less than I thought I had!

Well Asha lets be serious now the jokes are over...erm coulld you hire a donkey to carry your gear up the French mountains o_O :exit:

A much lighter pack today with a 4x5 outfit ( Canham dlc) along with a new to me carbon tripod which weighs about the same as the Giottos that I have already but is much smaller when packed down.

I think the lots weighs about 11kg this time but I have two lenses with me , the 420mm being one of them as I want to try it on 4x5.
Also I have five filmholders packed where normally I’d carry two or three.

As it’s the last opportunity to get out and about for at least a month ( probably more like three months me thinks :() then if I can profit from exposing a number of sheets this afternoon, then I will!

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

A much lighter pack today with a 4x5 outfit ( Canham dlc) along with a new to me carbon tripod which weighs about the same as the Giottos that I have already but is much smaller when packed down.

I think the lots weighs about 11kg this time but I have two lenses with me , the 420mm being one of them as I want to try it on 4x5.

As it’s the last opportunity to get out and about for at least a month ( probably more like three months me thinks :() then if I can profit from exposing a number of sheets this afternoon, then I will!

View attachment 296985

View attachment 296986
Go get 'em Asha, and just tell these gendarmes that this weightlifting is part of a medical programme to build you up! ;)

View attachment 296985

View attachment 296986

In between going up into the mountains there is always still life and night shots in town and portraits of the local geriatrics or if lucky a sexy looking bird.

No, just in Brian's head....'sigh'

If you're 5x4ing, why not a Grafmatic to give you 12 exposures in about the same space (or less) as 5 Fidelities (admittedly 10 exposures)?

If you're 5x4ing, why not a Grafmatic to give you 12 exposures in about the same space (or less) as 5 Fidelities (admittedly 10 exposures)?
Cos it’s loaded with 400 speed film for the snapshot ( otherwise I would have brought that instead) is and tbh I prefer the slower , less grain film..... in this case all five holders are loaded with FP4

Taken this scene a few times from slightly different angles with wider lenses but yet to get a result that I feel is worth printing. This is using the 420mm
IMG_1492.JPG

Got four exposures in total , two of which I’m reasonably confident, the other two..... on verra!

Light has been pretty carp and is now almost gone from the valley so unless I fancy an attempt a dusk / night scene on the way home via the supermarket with empty, panic ridden shelves, I guess that’s it now for a while .......

Not forced to be as potentially I have photos opportunities just meters from home if I can maintain motivation which I couldn’t last time we were confined.
I think we could do to try encourage each other and offer ideas based on what surroundings folk are forced to be in during these times.
In comparison to many people , I am very lucky where I live so have little excuse not to make more effort , nonetheless I reckon some heavy handed encouragement between us may have show us yer film shots bursting at the seems before Christmas ! :)

Last edited:
Taken this scene a few times from slightly different angles with wider lenses but yet to get a result that I feel is worth printing. This is using the 420mm
View attachment 297029

Got four exposures in total , two of which I’m reasonably confident, the other two..... on verra!

Light has been pretty carp and is now almost gone from the valley so unless I fancy an attempt a dusk / night scene on the way home via the supermarket with empty, panic ridden shelves, I guess that’s it now for a while .......

Not forced to be as potentially I have photos opportunities just meters from home if I can maintain motivation which I couldn’t last time we were confined.
I think we could do to try encourage each other and offer ideas based on what surroundings folk are forced to be in during these times.
In comparison to many people , I am very lucky where I live so have little excuse not to make more effort , nonetheless I reckon some heavy handed encouragement between us may have show us yer film shots bursting at the seems before Christmas ! :)
Don't they put the p*ssoirs in some strange places where you live?

Good luck, keep safe from the gendarmes plague.

and guess what I’m back.! Lol

Avoided the plague (aka gendarmes lol) although they did drive past as I was approaching my home so I timed just right to avoid their intervention!!

Only grabbed one exposure whilst out and about ( It’s going to take a bit of ´thinking outside of box’ to come up with interesting scenes) but used all six sheets by taking a wander around the campsite grounds next door although I think 4 exposures were of the cats:oops: :$
Well what else can i do when they ( particularly the youngest) follow me and demand to be the center of attention / subject matter .:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyway over two hours of climbing has got me here overlooking the mountains that shadow the area where I live.

Viewed on the groundglass, the filters appear to cut through the haze reasonably well. Here’s hoping so that I get a decent resulting 4x10 negative.

View attachment 296818

So was it worth the slog up the hillside and more importantly will it print something like decent??

Still got to clean it up ( spotting) .

As for printing, two pano images printed onto one sheet of A3 paper then the sheet cut in half will offer me a result resembling this:

TP.jpg

Morning all :)

Nikki and I had a day off today; a remnant of a holiday cancelled due to lock down. So we decided to get up early and head to a local woods for our ‘exercise’, and it just so happened that we took our cameras. I took *** 5 *** frames of 5x4 On 4 scenes, which for those that know me, is about a years worth :D I also took half a roll of Velvia 50 in 35mm. Anyways, here’s two phone shots in advance of the film frames :)

A0CCE250-3BD2-42E5-9664-7FBB2CA95714.jpeg

Last edited:
. I took *** 5 *** frames of 5x4 On 4 scenes, which for those that know me, is about a years worth :D

:wideyed: clearly you were not you're usual self this morning , I hope you're not going down with something .....like 'filmwasteritis':runaway::police::LOL::LOL:

Morning all :)

Nikki and I had a day off today; a remnant of a holiday cancelled due to lock down. So we decided to get up early and head to a local woods for our ‘exercise’, and it just so happened that we took our cameras. I took *** 5 *** frames of 5x4 On 4 scenes, which for those that know me, is about a years worth :D I also took half a roll of Velvia 50 in 35mm. Anyways, here’s two phone shots in advance of the film frames :)

View attachment 297886
Stunning, looking forward to the 5x4 shots.

and guess what I’m back.! Lol

Avoided the plague (aka gendarmes lol) although they did drive past as I was approaching my home so I timed just right to avoid their intervention!!

Only grabbed one exposure whilst out and about ( It’s going to take a bit of ´thinking outside of box’ to come up with interesting scenes) but used all six sheets by taking a wander around the campsite grounds next door although I think 4 exposures were of the cats:oops: :$
Well what else can i do when they ( particularly the youngest) follow me and demand to be the center of attention / subject matter .:rolleyes:

As expected nothing exciting or really worthwhile printing out of the six frames that I took but had a mad professor half hour in the darkroom to have a go at printing this 10x8 of Fleuri guarding the campsite dustbins!

Underexposed and mal focused on her but with a 90mm lens focused to 80cm gave me at f/11 , about 10cm dof leeway to get it right.

Anyway it gave me an excuse to play with the snapshot , pass a bit of time this evening seeing as the tv is, as usual, not worth watching, and allowed me to try out my latest new toys, the nova cradle and the drying rack which is also handy for drying accessories as well as prints ;)

IMG_1555.JPGAdjustments.JPG

So here I am sat in my darkroom , which is my living room so I have some comfort .

Mug of Yorkshire tea to hand in a suitable togs mug ;) ( photo on request), waiting for the nova processor to warm up a little .

Of course I could watch tv whilst waiting but where’s the fun in that lol

Neg already mounted in the enlarger and everything to hand for another mad professor session !

IMG_1567.JPG

I look so much more beautiful in the dark pmsl

IMG_1568.JPG

Back