Shooting and Explosions in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the chap in question

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/nigerian-student-gay-marriage_n_3934518.html

appears i was wrong its not algebra he used magnets (thats okay then) ... he apparently hopes to win the nobel prize one day for his work , although i suspect an ignobel may be more likely

for those that CBA to read the link the TLDR version is that "the same poles repel , oposite poles attract - therefore homosexuality is wrong and heterosexuality is right"

Last edited:
The Universe is generally accepted to be around 13.82 billion years old, the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

Homo Erectus first appeared (Fossil evidence dates to around ) 1.9 million years ago.
We can be fairly sure that is accurate due to carbon dating ( etc) techniques.

If we accept that God is the Holy spirit and therefore by definition, would have no form.
What likeness did he in fact create man,in and why did he wait so long to populate the Earth? .

As far as I can see ( google) Adam and Eve were placed upon the earth it at approximately 5,000 B.C.
And yet we have carbon dated evidence of early man as far back as nearly 2 million years ago.

you are forgetting that the carbon dating / fossil record were put there by gawd to test your faith ... you have been found wanting and will burn in hellfire for eternity like the miserable sinner you are... [/sarcasm]

you have been found wanting and will burn in hellfire
Oh I know that, its a given. I'm just making the most of my time on this planet (y)
(And before I'm re-incarnated into a higher being)

Last edited:
Thankfully that's a piece of drivel I've seen before so I'm spared that "pleasure" this time.

But wait, the protein strand (vaguely) resembles the shape adopted by the gullible as a representation of the device (theoretically) used to (allegedly) crucify the (dubiously conceived) son of their (fictional) god.
And the pictures are in colour.
And the speaker is a whackjob (and handsomely funded) evangelist.
So it must all be true!!

Last edited:
(And before I'm re-incarnated into a higher being)

it will serve you right if you are reincarnated as a snake :LOL:

my friend handa used to reckon that what you were reinacarnated as next would be a function of how you'd behaved in your current life - for example he said that tony blair would be reincarnated as a wandering albatross to teach him humility

(I don't know if you ever met Handa - he used to be head monk at the willen temple until he was killed in an accident involving an overturned tractor in '06 - I hope he was right about the philosophy of life and that he became an acended being... )

But wait, the protein strand (vaguely) resembles the shape adopted by the gullible as a representation of the device (theoretically) used to (allegedly) crucify the (dubiously conceived) son of their (fictional) god.
!!

Do you think that same strand of protein is star shaped if you're a Jew, crescent shaped if you're a Muslim or shaped like the fires of hell if you're an atheist :) :) ?

e!!

there is though an important message in that story - ie that turning the other cheek will get you crucified ;)

Looks like a stick-mermaid to me.
The Bible never mentions mermaids, not even the biblical creation account in Genesis 1–2, but this neither proves nor disproves the existence of mermaids.
:D

my friend handa used to reckon that what you were reinacarnated as next would be a function of how you'd behaved in your current life
A widely held belief among spiritualists.

he used to be head monk at the willen temple until he was killed in an accident involving an overturned tractor in '06
I remember the story, and that wasn't the first time that he'd had a close encounter with it either losing 3 fingers some 10 years previously!

Why?
He gave each one of us free will to do as we wish, live by his standards or not ... would you prefer you were a robot?
Each one of us will account to God for the way we use the gift of free will ... we could blame God if he had not given us abundant direction on the right way to use it...
What if I'm not convinced that my free will wasn't given to me by your God? What if there's a different view?

Well aren't you fortunate.
To be born and indoctrinated into the religion that supports the one true God.

You could have been born elsewhere and been indoctrinated as a Mayan or a Mormon, a Sikh or a Jew. How daft would that have been, believing in a false God and following the wrong rules, only to find out when you died that you'd been born in the wrong place.

Or... Just maybe, it's the Buddhists that happened on the right religion, and as an unbeliever you've been wasting all your good works because you had the wrong rule book?

The truth is, you're almost as much an Atheist as I am, there's hundreds of religions you believe are just daft, I just don't believe in there's one more than you.

Looks like a stick-mermaid to me.
These look like Paper chains we used to make as a kid, and hang them at Christmas
Game set and match :D
upload_2015-11-24_18-32-47.jpeg

A fluke to produce male and female with the ability not only for life to survive but also to reproduce ... do you know what the odds would be for just one sex being produced by a fluke?
It's not a fluke! It's how biology works, in plants and animals, reproduction based on sex.

The problem with that religious model, is that it's simplistic, it starts off with humans as the most important creature, and the earth as the centre of the universe, because for someone who doesn't understand their place in the grand scheme of things, that's their natural outlook. Watch a young child behave, without learning differently they believe they're the centre of the universe. That everything else exists for them.

It's not a fluke! It's how biology works, in plants and animals, reproduction based on sex.

The problem with that religious model, is that it's simplistic, it starts off with humans as the most important creature, and the earth as the centre of the universe, because for someone who doesn't understand their place in the grand scheme of things, that's their natural outlook. Watch a young child behave, without learning differently they believe they're the centre of the universe. That everything else exists for them.

He also seems to be willfully ignoring the point that when life began there was no male and female.

I remember the story, and that wasn't the first time that he'd had a close encounter with it either losing 3 fingers some 10 years previously!

should have bought a roll cage ... although actually the parks trust could have taken on cutting the grass.... ( i digress - it was a stupid way for such a good bloke to go)

These look like Paper chains we used to make as a kid, and hang them at Christmas
Game set and match :D
View attachment 51122

nah i can clearly see a pentagram in that image - science proves devil worship is the one true faith :LOL:

I can't believe how this has all turned against Christianity. Quite sad how that seems fair game yet anyone is branded with all sorts when they speak out against any other group. Yup as said earlier, daesh wins, they have plenty of apologists.

I can't believe how this has all turned against Christianity. Quite sad how that seems fair game yet anyone is branded with all sorts when they speak out against any other group. Yup as said earlier, daesh wins, they have plenty of apologists.

If any Muslim member wishes to join in the debate, I'm happy to treat their convictions similarly.

I say again...in the context of the discussion, ISIL win how?

Don't be so ridiculous, I think that if someone here was posting similar stuff and claiming that it was proof of Allah's existence they would get the same response. They certainly would from me. You really should think twice before writing stuff like that.

Probably because it's the religion most members here are most familiar with.

I can't believe how this has all turned against Christianity.
I wouldn't have said that its turned against Christianity, there have been a few quips, sure,
But Gramps Keith and others have put forward some good arguments, discussions and ideas.
Whether of not we chose to believe them is a matter of choice

Last edited:
I personally have not condemned any other faith in this thread or this forum

I have not personally attacked anyone verbally in this thread nor have I ridiculed them

However it would seem that some think it OK not to afford me the same courtesy

This will be my last post in this thread I think

I personally have not condemned any other faith in this thread or this forum

I have not personally attacked anyone verbally in this thread nor have I ridiculed them

However it would seem that some think it OK not to afford me the same courtesy

This will be my last post in this thread I think
I can't say I blame you for thinking it will be your last post.

Meanwhile yet another hostage situation in northern France that is currently unfolding. But not too worry, I'm sure it will all be peaceful :God:

I'm still trying to digest the idea that anyone in this thread is an apologist for ISIL.

Extraordinary.
Nobody is - it's just a weak argument to drown out dissenting voices. Basically if you express an opinion that diverges from 'kill all Muslims' you get called an apologist for ISIL.

It's the same tactic as Bush's 'you're either with us or against us' cretinous rhetoric.

It's the same tactic as Bush's 'you're either with us or against us' cretinous rhetoric.
Nixon was there first ;)

Simon and Garfunkel's Silent night, and actual events in the background from August 3, 1966.
Former Vice-President Richard Nixon says that unless there is a
substantial increase in the present war effort in Vietnam, the U.S.
should look forward to five more years of war.
In a speech before the Convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars in
New York, Nixon also said opposition to the war in this country is
the greatest single weapon working against the U.S.

Nobody is - it's just a weak argument to drown out dissenting voices. Basically if you express an opinion that diverges from 'kill all Muslims' you get called an apologist for ISIL.

naturally ofcourse, best not to say a bad word hey ;)

naturally ofcourse, best not to say a bad word hey ;)
I have no problem with bad words. I do have a problem with people deliberately misrepresenting what has been said/written in order to employ lazy polarising rhetoric.

No doubt, like Mali, it'll be only a few column inches by morning.
Sadly I don't think you are wrong.

Just noticed that RT Press reporters have come under in Syria.

I have no problem with bad words. I do have a problem with people deliberately misrepresenting what has been said/written in order to employ lazy polarising rhetoric.
Naturally, I fully agree. Goes both ways don't you agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back