Show us yer film shots then!

Here's some Pan F 50 through the SQ-A. It's the first time I've used Pan F, and I think I was a little too careful not to underexpose as most shots ended up being a bit bright. Also the first time I've used ID-11 developer, mixed a massive 5-liter batch from powder form which looks like it should last a very long time :)

3206372751_0c3ae20325_o.jpg

3206373569_179140eebf_o.jpg

3207220964_a1388d0379_o.jpg

I think they look pretty spot on from here. I am using the iPhone but it's normally pretty close. 1stop over the meter and 15% ish less dev time is good for your shadows & highlights apparently (I'm yet to test this theory!)

I think with 5 liters of ID-11 I'd be diluting 1+3 and using it as a one shot job.

I think they look pretty spot on from here. I am using the iPhone but it's normally pretty close. 1stop over the meter and 15% ish less dev time is good for your shadows & highlights apparently (I'm yet to test this theory!)

I think with 5 liters of ID-11 I'd be diluting 1+3 and using it as a one shot job.

Thanks Gandhi. I managed to reduce the highlights in CS3 quite a bit to show you what you see here. I'd probably say 2 clicks faster on the shutter speed was what I should have been going for, but I was going for what I usually go for with Velvia 50. Pan F 50 seems a lot more forgiving.

I was using 1+3 for the dev and for 15 minutes with agitation every 30 seconds as recommended with the massive dev chart.

I don't think a lappy would survive the chemicals, let alone a ten minute rinse:D
K64 is still around but only in 35mm:(
I've seen some other b/w slide, I forget who makes it, its mid speed but C41 processing, the rollei was 20 degree normal b/w chemicals.
Its the neg, or rather the pos slide I'm interested in.

Stumbled across this today, 2nd paragraph into film basics mentions turning most B&W negs into slide during the processing stage, if you buy the mentioned book. Hope this helps a bit.

Here's some Pan F 50 through the SQ-A. It's the first time I've used Pan F, and I think I was a little too careful not to underexpose as most shots ended up being a bit bright. Also the first time I've used ID-11 developer, mixed a massive 5-liter batch from powder form which looks like it should last a very long time :)

3206372751_0c3ae20325_o.jpg

3207220964_a1388d0379_o.jpg

I really like these. Nice grays. Could use a tad more contrast to darken it up a bit, but I am nit picking. Well done!

It's not been that long since i last done any darkroom stuff as we had a project that was handed in before Xmas.

Today was the beginning of much more though, i'll be done a lot more film work over the coming weeks and months and today starts it.

I picked up the Camera and film from a friend last night and I had a quick shot this morning, then Processed the film and scanned the negs, although i only ended up with time to scan one neg so far.

I'm pretty happy with the shot, which was handheld with a Mamiya 645E and 4 year out of date ilford Delta 100 developed in Ilford Multigrade and scanned using an Epson 4490 flatbed scanner.

filmscan1.jpg

It's not been that long since i last done any darkroom stuff as we had a project that was handed in before Xmas.

Today was the beginning of much more though, i'll be done a lot more film work over the coming weeks and months and today starts it.

I picked up the Camera and film from a friend last night and I had a quick shot this morning, then Processed the film and scanned the negs, although i only ended up with time to scan one neg so far.

I'm pretty happy with the shot, which was handheld with a Mamiya 645E and 4 year out of date ilford Delta 100 developed in Ilford Multigrade and scanned using an Epson 4490 flatbed scanner.

filmscan1.jpg

I would be happy with that also. You have some great balance with all the grays. Well done!

Here is a few first attempts with film I didn't have any filters but some nice new ones on the way from 7dayshop.All shot using ilford delta 400

First attempts? More than ever it is proof that it comes down to the guy or gal behind the view finder. Well done!

While all three are brilliant, I am especially fond of the first and third. The amount of detail is great and the tones are simply spot on IMO.

i REALLY need to try some Ilford Delta 400...

Here is a few first attempts with film I didn't have any filters but some nice new ones on the way from 7dayshop.All shot using ilford delta 400

Nice shots. I really like Delta 400 (it's my current favourite!).

nice shots...i especially like the 3rd. personally i would have tried to crop the 2nd one down quite a bit (just my thoughts though).

3212125431_0fb53bbf05_o.jpg

i have just used a roll of delta 400 to test my new (old) OM2...looking forward to getting it back now, hope they look as good as your stuff!

Last edited:
Wow - that's certainly interesting - I wonder what was in those waters? I saw a book on developing with salts sitting on the counter at Silverprint this week, but I didn't have the courage to buy it as I knew one thing would just lead to another...

Latest developments with Pan F through the Bronnie SQ-A. Dev'd again in ID-11... but this time for 13.5 minutes instead of 15, as I was anticipating over-exposure...

3220523859_313d3f1773_o.jpg

3221373514_4043eeac27_o.jpg

3221373840_a0ecf2487b_o.jpg

3221374620_2d79f94e50_o.jpg

nice shots...the last one especially.

Ekimo, I really like the first two. There is something really cool about cemetery images. Most of the time they are boring with to much color or far to bright. You captured the very essence of what a good cemetery picture should be. great use of the grays and the light...

This is also a case and situation, where film has the edge on digital ''imo''...I love visiting cemeteries and shooting in them and so far my film images I like far more than my digital, though I admit none are near as nice as yours.

You have however opened my eyes to some new ideas as far as composition goes and film. Thanks a bunch!

here is one taken on my new OM10...

img067a.jpg

Last edited:
This is part of my first shot with my M645 1000s, problem is my scanner won't do 120 film only 35mm. I kind of fooled it and it scanned a portion of the frame! There should be a full (18 year old) cat in there!

Taken on velvia 50

img0052.jpg

Ekimo, I really like the first two. There is something really cool about cemetery images. Most of the time they are boring with to much color or far to bright. You captured the very essence of what a good cemetery picture should be. great use of the grays and the light...

This is also a case and situation, where film has the edge on digital ''imo''...I love visiting cemeteries and shooting in them and so far my film images I like far more than my digital, though I admit none are near as nice as yours.

You have however opened my eyes to some new ideas as far as composition goes and film. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks Javier. I'm still learning myself, but I always remember one thing that I saw in Gandhi's signature: "it's all about light"

Hi JG, that first 2 of your last set of 3 look really contrasty - or is it just a harsh light when you took the shot?

A new roll of Delta 400 processed today:

Hi JG, that first 2 of your last set of 3 look really contrasty - or is it just a harsh light when you took the shot?

Bizarre light. Raining hard, yet the sun was piercing through the clouds. The few digital shots I took where not even usable. I believe that the dynamic range of film still has an edge on digital.

I think I've found a new favourite film! Neopan 400 - doesn't seem to be too popular here, but I love it. Also my first outing with the 150mm PS lens on the SQ-A.

3225296737_3b68ca862c.jpg

3226152880_826c61f4e6.jpg

3225298059_8b06e404d9.jpg

3226154450_cb64ef2447.jpg

Also shot some Pan F - this was the best of the roll...

3225299633_4533c5d682.jpg

Hey Mike great set. I can see why you like Neopan 400. Might have to give it a go myself now. How much is the film and how much is the SQ-A though?!

How much is the film and how much is the SQ-A though?!

Looks like 7-day shop still have their 5-pack mega bundle special on - £6.69 for 5 rolls of 120 film - Neopan 400.

:LOL::LOL: What I meant was what contribution to the cracking images was the film and camera - not how much does it cost. You must have thought I was a right nosy b*****d :LOL:

Don't buy it all though! I need some more!

Don't worry mate I'll be getting 35mm if I get any.

A couple more from my MTB ride yesterday...

Delta 400 and 'Nifty Fifty' on an EOS100.

nice shots Freester :) good tonal range, lots of nice greys there :)

Thanks for the compliment. Very pleased with these myself :p

lovely colours in the first one...do you remember what film it was?

just got a couple of rolls of that...when i get the test film back from my new OM2, and i know it works, thats what will be going in it:D

:LOL::LOL: What I meant was what contribution to the cracking images was the film and camera - not how much does it cost. You must have thought I was a right nosy b*****d :LOL:

:bonk: I see :LOL: I don't know - probably 10% bronnie, 10% film and 80% me ;)

Yep, and unfortunately the 2 rolls of Neopan I managed to completely destroy last night was 100% me :clap:

Nice pics ekemino, and we have all had the odd developing disaster .;)

By the way Neopan 400 pushes very well to ISO 1600 if you get caught with no fast film to hand and need the extra speed.:)

35mm Neopan 400 rated at 1600

73508043.jpg

Back