Show us yer film shots then!

Nice pics ekemino, and we have all had the odd developing disaster .;)

By the way Neopan 400 pushes very well to ISO 1600 if you get caught with no fast film to hand and need the extra speed.:)

35mm Neopan 400 rated at 1600

73508043.jpg

Damn that's a nice shot and the grain is awesome.

when you push it how big an effect is there on dev time etc?

Damn that's a nice shot and the grain is awesome.

when you push it how big an effect is there on dev time etc?

I find that doubling the dev time works well for Neopan rated at 1600, by the way I always use Ilford Ilfotec LC29 for developing Neopan films as for me it gives the best results with Neopan.

This is a my first go with slide film, and not got the hang of scanning yet!

img0171.jpg

img016.jpg

img015.jpg

img0141.jpg

These were done using a Mamiya 1000s (55mm), Velvia 50 and an Epson 4490

I am officially no longer a 5x4 virgin :)

This was shot yesterday in the college studio using a Cambo SC-2 Basic with a Rodenstock 210mm f5.6 lens and Fuji Provia 100 E6 processed by Trumps in Edinburgh.

Really happy with the results, there is no comparison between this and my digital SLR, the quality of this image and the detail in it is just outstanding. A lot more 5x4 work to be done shortly.

Shot in a studio with Bowns Gemini flash metered to f8, with a large reflector on the shadow side set to f2.0

Camera set to f8, 1/125 sec.

Scanned using a Epson perfection V700 Pro, although it was just laid on the screen as i don't have a holder for it (really need to get one for the 5x4s)

scanproviaandy1.jpg

ifotou, that's a great image - you can see how good the dof is with the lens you used. Extremely shallow even at f8! Superb lighting - very natural - amazing really (y)

ifotou, that's a great image - you can see how good the dof is with the lens you used. Extremely shallow even at f8! Superb lighting - very natural - amazing really (y)

the DOF was a real surprise i genuinely didn't think it would have been just quite as good, but it is amazing especially for f8

was a real buzz waiting for it to be processed and hoping beyond hope that it will turn out ok :)

Developed this the other day and it came out soo grain for Delta 100!!

3236839919_8ffdc0aa99.jpg

Just wondering if anyone knew why

Developing process? I did have an orange filter on, would that have mad much difference?

Some more from the roll as well

3236839625_79ea90b8b3.jpg

Flickr Link

3236839533_8f9326691f.jpg

Flickr Link

3237665938_7a5b76904f.jpg

Flickr Link

3236839979_e237dc7777.jpg

Flickr Link

Also a Bronica Slide shot just for fun haha

3217713501_0cda163f7d.jpg

Flickr Link

There is a load more on my Flickr as well, just lazyyyyyyyy to post them all haha

Latest batch of Velvia 50 during a meander around central London. Through the SQ-A as usual.

3244521381_65a8368a45.jpg

3244522273_d84e7c4f1f.jpg

3245350044_a1fac36eae.jpg

3244523791_42f804c00d.jpg

3244525155_72df48da3f.jpg

3245387978_0c175027b5.jpg

ok, I dont venture in here very often, but just a couple taken by me on a kodak retinette 1b, developed by Andy [donutagain], for which I am very grateful, despite the problems we had. Ilford HP5 film. I have done a quick crop on one, and removed some dust spots, the camera needs a good clean I think, so a job for the long february evenings, but these were taken in Hastings several weeks ago....please be gentle, I havent done film for a LONG time and never on a camera that is nearly 50 years old and where you have to guess the focal distance as well as exposure :nuts:

3246223076_223dc1b188_o.jpg

the cropped one, mainly to remove a very grotty end of the pier, the black spots are roosting starlings btw, not dustiness. Oh and that might be a couple of TP'es caught in the shot :whistle:

3245393585_78cbcd26e9_o.jpg

Nothing wrong with those Yv. Super sharp and some detail in the sky and I detect a hint of grain - nice.

Love the range of greys in #1. Did you use a red / orange filter to keep the sky?

I can see evidence of a drying mark in #2 but I'm being really nit picky now!

Thought I'd show you these as you may have missed them in the landscape forum!

All Adox 100 CHS art in Rodinal. Mostly the Symmar-S 135mm as I found the 90mm SA a trifle annoying unless you have good light. I must get a fresnel or a brighter ground glass or a brighter lens!

Anyway.....

scotland09a011.jpg

scotland09a007.jpg

scotland09a001.jpg

Gandhi, I love 'em, The 2nd shot is just so earthy looking - very tasty wood textures (y)

BTW, how much PS work do you do to these LF shots afterwards? I'd love to see a before and after. I really should do the same with my MF shots, as I do put in quite a lot of tweaking on screen. Naughty, but I'm no Ansel Adams when it come to getting exposure and development just right... Of course the scanning processes often stuffs up what started off as a perfectly good slide or neg...

If I showed you the scans you'd probably cry!

Only because i tend to scan them very flat, by pulling the the histogram out so there is no contrast in the scan at all. I can then add it back it when I process the image to my taste, not that of the scanners!

Beyond that, not much more than levels, dodging and burning, dust spotting and sharpening!

I don't know if it's the Adox or me underexposing but the negatives seem extremely thin in the most so the scanner has struggled with them a little. As a result I have had to work them a little more than I would like to be honest. But I wasn't going to come back with a load of rubbish!

At the end of the day, it's the final image that matters most to me and I will generally turn every trick in the book if I have to to get the image looking how I want it, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either!

a beautiful set of pictures, i especially love the second one, its has that vaguely unreal quality that i admire...

I am officially no longer a 5x4 virgin :)

This was shot yesterday in the college studio using a Cambo SC-2 Basic with a Rodenstock 210mm f5.6 lens and Fuji Provia 100 E6 processed by Trumps in Edinburgh.

Really happy with the results, there is no comparison between this and my digital SLR, the quality of this image and the detail in it is just outstanding. A lot more 5x4 work to be done shortly.

Shot in a studio with Bowns Gemini flash metered to f8, with a large reflector on the shadow side set to f2.0

Camera set to f8, 1/125 sec.

Scanned using a Epson perfection V700 Pro, although it was just laid on the screen as i don't have a holder for it (really need to get one for the 5x4s)

scanproviaandy1.jpg

What college you at?

Thought I'd show you these as you may have missed them in the landscape forum!

All Adox 100 CHS art in Rodinal. Mostly the Symmar-S 135mm as I found the 90mm SA a trifle annoying unless you have good light. I must get a fresnel or a brighter ground glass or a brighter lens!

Anyway.....

scotland09a011.jpg

scotland09a007.jpg

scotland09a001.jpg

Ok, I quit! This is going beyond ridiculous....Even your Avatar rocks!!! Simply amazing work and a joy to look at!!!!

If I showed you the scans you'd probably cry!

Only because i tend to scan them very flat, by pulling the the histogram out so there is no contrast in the scan at all. I can then add it back it when I process the image to my taste, not that of the scanners!

Beyond that, not much more than levels, dodging and burning, dust spotting and sharpening!

I don't know if it's the Adox or me underexposing but the negatives seem extremely thin in the most so the scanner has struggled with them a little. As a result I have had to work them a little more than I would like to be honest. But I wasn't going to come back with a load of rubbish!

At the end of the day, it's the final image that matters most to me and I will generally turn every trick in the book if I have to to get the image looking how I want it, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either!

Thanks for that explanation. I similarly also scan mine without the scanners colour settings. All I include is dust and scratch reduction and leave all the tweaking for CS3. :)

I'm the opposite, I do levels in the scanner between preview and full scan as it seems to induce less noise than doing it in photoshop. I also find it quicker to remove dust etc in PS than the extra time the scan takes to do it.

Minolta Multi scanner utility......looks like Windoze 95 :LOL:

Some really nice shots there JG. Quite grainy but loving the light and composition.

i dont think that they are 'overdone'. i like the contrast and the grainy look...

a few from my new OM2. ilford HP5 plus, just to make sure it worked ok...

3252246295_800b2277a2_o.jpg

3252246285_431b67acd0_o.jpg

3253073472_1c5433747a.jpg

3252249883_dd48677434_o.jpg

Nothing wrong with those Yv. Super sharp and some detail in the sky and I detect a hint of grain - nice.

Love the range of greys in #1. Did you use a red / orange filter to keep the sky?

I can see evidence of a drying mark in #2 but I'm being really nit picky now!

Very nice. I to was wondering was wondering about the Filters, YV

sorry for delay guys, I forgot about these :bonk: However no, no filters, the camera doesnt have anything to attach them too, it really is the compact point and shoot of its day :LOL:

It is sharp but only when you move it up the f numbers, its struggles at the lower ones.

ilford hp5plus in id 11. ( some great pictures in here people ).

img036_.jpg

img041_.jpg

img038_.jpg

Back