Show us yer film shots then!

Tell me more about b/w transparencies, rollei made some not long back but I can't find any, slow as a bugger iso25 but a positive b/w processed in ordinary b/w chemicals.
I suppose on a lightbox, they'd look like mini polaroids..

its funny coming back to film photography after so many years. i used to love shooting b/w transparency in the '70s and '80s. i have only found a few old slides and they seem to scan well...looking around now it seems like such a rarity, even something like k64 seems to be unusual these days!
i think agfa still make a b/w transparency...dont know about processing though...i assume most people will use a b/w neg film and develop themseves or use colour transparency and gimp/ps it into b/w if that is how they want it...

i must say i like the idea of using your lappy as a sort of 'dark room' though, lots of potential...

its funny coming back to film photography after so many years. i used to love shooting b/w transparency in the '70s and '80s. i have only found a few old slides and they seem to scan well...looking around now it seems like such a rarity, even something like k64 seems to be unusual these days!
i think agfa still make a b/w transparency...dont know about processing though...i assume most people will use a b/w neg film and develop themseves or use colour transparency and gimp/ps it into b/w if that is how they want it...

i must say i like the idea of using your lappy as a sort of 'dark room' though, lots of potential...

I don't think a lappy would survive the chemicals, let alone a ten minute rinse:D
K64 is still around but only in 35mm:(
I've seen some other b/w slide, I forget who makes it, its mid speed but C41 processing, the rollei was 20 degree normal b/w chemicals.
Its the neg, or rather the pos slide I'm interested in.

A couple from the archives.

Z00089.jpg

There is NOTHING about this image I don't like. Love the subject, composition and contrast. The final product is superb....

I really like the look of that SFX film. Great shots.

I've been eyeing some up for a while now so I may give it a try when I next order up some film. Wont be for a while though as I still have 2 boxes of velvia and acros plus some delta 100 and Adox CHS art to finish. Gonna be a while at my current rate of around 4 shots a week!

Anyways, todays stuff is 35mm, as somebody gave me a minolta dynax 5000i. Rubbish camera and even worse lens. I wont be using it again I don't think!

These are all tri-x in Rodinal 1+50, bit less painterly ;)

120109006.jpg

120109012.jpg

120109007.jpg

120109015.jpg

Nice shots despite the lack of high clarity of LF that you're so used to. Were these taken in Cambridge? Reminds me of King's College...

love these...the first one especially.

Nice set. Love the contrast and the grain.

I didn't notice first time but there is the same subject in all three...

2nd for me. It has a bit of mystery to it that keeps me looking.

The first is a touch skewy and the last one her pose ruins it for me. Took all of the romance out of it lol

I don't think we live 10 miles apart, so its a small "our" World.
Issey has some similar shots and I dare say Delli will too.
There are only so many local scenes.

ianhl, Thanks for the kind words!

Freester, Thank you. Too really loved the contrast and the grain. It was an unexpected surprise. This KODAK HIGH DEF 400 made better black and white that did their BW400CN.

chilliz, Thanks for the kind words. The 3rd almost made it for me. Just missed it, but I don't know why.

Gandhi, I agree in that the second is my fav as well. Thanks for the kind words.

ianhl, Thanks for the kind words!

Freester, Thank you. Too really loved the contrast and the grain. It was an unexpected surprise. This KODAK HIGH DEF 400 made better black and white that did their BW400CN.

chilliz, Thanks for the kind words. The 3rd almost made it for me. Just missed it, but I don't know why.

Gandhi, I agree in that the second is my fav as well. Thanks for the kind words.

I don`t think you have enough cameras.:eek:

LOL @ ***** for sale ;)

excellent quality from a disposable...i especially like the last one. the one thing it could do with would be a small depth of field, limitations of the disposable i guess...

Last edited:
How are things going with the home E6 development ?

Going well and learning more all the time... just wish I had a dedicated 120 film scanner (the one I have is a little soft) and a dust free environment - then my life would be complete.

Sprogs were sharp as **** out of his V500 flatbed.
Dust is a duffer, but I'm over it :)

Here's some Pan F 50 through the SQ-A. It's the first time I've used Pan F, and I think I was a little too careful not to underexpose as most shots ended up being a bit bright. Also the first time I've used ID-11 developer, mixed a massive 5-liter batch from powder form which looks like it should last a very long time :)

3206372751_0c3ae20325_o.jpg

3206373569_179140eebf_o.jpg

3207220964_a1388d0379_o.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first go with my 6x6 Halina AI TLR. Ilford HP5+ @ ISO400.

Untitled-2-800.jpg

Interesting camera. A bit of vignette around the edges and the exposure seems a bit hit and miss. Also struggling with composition due to parallax. My first time processing 120 film today. At least I didn't have any problems loading the spiral...

Nice lighting with your djembe, Freester. Also just seen your donkey face pic on flickr - classic :D

Cheers Mike. Nothing special with the shot. Just glad to get some useable photos out of the old camera and have some success with my first time at developing 120. Think I have also finally solved my drying mark issues - yay!

Glad you liked the donkey also...

Back