Show us yer film shots then!

Jeez, I used to get dragged to the Croydon Market every saturday, way back in the 60's, thanks for posting, brings back many memories. Good pics as well!!

Game of Cones !!!

Olympus Trip with Nissin 18 Flash on Ilford 400 :)

Thanks Lee.
Now you mention the patch of sky in #1, I have to agree. I should have stepped back to include sky above the wall.

Thanks Adrian.
A great start to the year indeed. It's going to be tough choosing a showcase nomination this week.

Right....got myself some Kodak HC-110 developer.
Could not bring myself to believe you only need 16ml. of dev. to make 500ml.
Decided to sacrifice a roll that I'd only taken a couple of shots on to try it out.

It was a test roll I was putting through an old Agfa Isolette I picked up in a junk shop.

Here's the result.

img238_1_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img239_1_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

Kenilworth Castle, no less! Most romantic ruined castle in England, IMHO... Nice shots too, Simon . The little Agfa has done well for you.

Kenilworth Castle, no less! Most romantic ruined castle in England, IMHO... Nice shots too, Simon . The little Agfa has done well for you.

...but surely Kenilworth castle would be better in colour for it's lovely coloured stone. Anyway that's what struck me when I first saw it.

Thanks Chris. Yes, Kenilworth Castle. The Agfa performed better than I expected TBH.

...but surely Kenilworth castle would be better in colour for it's lovely coloured stone. Anyway that's what struck me when I first saw it.

You might be right Brian. If I happen to have colour film loaded next time I'm there I'll take a few.
Chances are slim though. Although I'm having a play with colour film at the moment I have to say I much prefer mono.

Thanks Chris. Yes, Kenilworth Castle. The Agfa performed better than I expected TBH.

You might be right Brian. If I happen to have colour film loaded next time I'm there I'll take a few.
Chances are slim though. Although I'm having a play with colour film at the moment I have to say I much prefer mono.

Look forward to your colour shots Simon as this has to be an exception for this castle as there can't be many castles with this coloured stone.

Still getting to grips with developing my own film.....

And a bit of a rarity to get a photo of my youngest son...
Taken with the Nikon F4 and 50mm F1.8 lens, using TMax 100
Developed in Rodinal at 1:50 for 12 min

11926945503_cb4461ab08_b.jpg

Mesmerising stare here; the eyes really draw you into the photo. Nice shot.

Cracking shot.

Apologies in advance if folks are getting tired of my shots from Asia, but here are a few more from Hong Kong with my Bronica:

Keep 'em coming, it's great to see shots from around the world.

Last edited:
Lee, that's a corker of a portrait.

RJ, we never get bored of good shots wherever they are taken, so keep on uploading.

And another from the Mamiya on Portra 400

Dunstanburgh5
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Eek Roger, that's a cracker! I just love the combination of inky darkness and the sky drama. And for extra bonus points, processing Velvia 50 yourself!!!! :clap::notworthy::clap:

Thanks Chris. I haven't been processing Velvia for very long, I've done about 6 or 7 rolls now, but using the Tetenal 3 bath kit is really very easy. You just have to make sure that you have the temperature spot on for the first two baths, after that it's a bit more relaxed. I was prepared for the worst with my first roll, and I was amazed when it came out perfectly. This is the first shot from the very first roll of Velvia that I did at home in November:

Watchtower Bay Sunset
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Thanks Chris. I haven't been processing Velvia for very long, I've done about 6 or 7 rolls now, but using the Tetenal 3 bath kit is really very easy. You just have to make sure that you have the temperature spot on for the first two baths, after that it's a bit more relaxed. I was prepared for the worst with my first roll, and I was amazed when it came out perfectly. This is the first shot from the very first roll of Velvia that I did at home in November:

Watchtower Bay Sunset
by Cariadus, on Flickr

That is a beautiful image Roger...those colours are stunning

Back