Show us yer film shots then!

This bring back memories @Andysnap, perhaps sitting down by the dock of the bay, watching the tide rush in over the road stranding you...

That's a fantastic shot Kevin, just enough detail in the darker areas and great timing with the shaft of light.

I knew that would happen......:(

It is a lovely shot Kevin, much better weather than when I was last there.:D

Voigtlander Vitomatic II and Fomapan 100 at Quarry Bank Mill last sunday.

Cobbles
Cobbles by Andy, on Flickr

Spinning Jenny... sort of.
Spinning-Jenny2 by Andy, on Flickr

Cogs and stuff.
Weir-Gate-Mechanism by Andy, on Flickr

That is very sharp,some of the best results I have seen from Fomapan. The detail is excellent and I particularly like the interior photograph,the detail is very good indeed.

That is very sharp,some of the best results I have seen from Fomapan. The detail is excellent and I particularly like the interior photograph,the detail is very good indeed.

Thank you Richard. I'm starting to feel a lot of love for Fomapan.

A canal in Holland, my wife is not scared of spiders, mice and other creepy crawlies, yet scared to go under the low bridges even though I told her to keep her head just below the bow..:rolleyes:

Pentax 24-35mm Kodak gold exp about 2006
Great colour and detail Brian (I assume this is a flash shot) and a great capture off the main canal in Leiden, where I am sending this post from a the mo!

Great colour and detail Brian (I assume this is a flash shot) and a great capture off the main canal in Leiden, where I am sending this post from a the mo!

Thanks Adrian and what a coincidence, I did use flash in one shot (maybe it was this one) going under the bridges but thought it wouldn't come out as I had the shutter speed set at 1/250 sec and forgot to set it at sync of 1/125

You'll probably recognise my post # 17306

Not far from Leiden is a town that is supposed to have the best ice cream in Holland...do you recognise it?

hand held T70 on auto

Last edited:
Thanks Adrian and what a coincidence, I did use flash in one shot (maybe it was this one) going under the bridges but thought it wouldn't come out as I had the shutter speed set at 1/250 sec and forgot to set it at sync of 1/125

You'll probably recognise my post # 17306

Not far from Leiden is a town that is supposed to have the best ice cream in Holland...do you recognise it?

hand held T70 on auto
A good shot for being hand held. Not sure of the town you refer to, but ice cream is abundant in Holland. Ferry back home later today

Last edited:
Reactions: Jao
I think that if it weighed less and was a bit less bulky, then I would use my Mamiya C330f far more and would probably sell the Rolleiflex.

Mamiya C330f, 80mm lens on Kodak Portra 160
Old-Bridge4 by Andy, on Flickr

Blencathra with the 135mm lens.
Blencathra4 by Andy, on Flickr

I have posted these before but I did a little re-work on them, sorry if there are any 'colour casts'. :D

They look very nice indeed Andy, and I wouldn't change the colour on jot (technical term.... ;) )

Brilliant for a pinhole, Neil... pin-sharp! (Well, compared to my attempts...) A very nicely framed shot.

I think that if it weighed less and was a bit less bulky, then I would use my Mamiya C330f far more and would probably sell the Rolleiflex.

Mamiya C330f, 80mm lens on Kodak Portra 160
Old-Bridge4 by Andy, on Flickr

Blencathra with the 135mm lens.
Blencathra4 by Andy, on Flickr

I have posted these before but I did a little re-work on them, sorry if there are any 'colour casts'. :D
Colours look good to me Andy. I have never used a mamiya TLR, but your shots tempt me to have a try at some point!

Colours look good to me Andy. I have never used a mamiya TLR, but your shots tempt me to have a try at some point!

Thanks Adrian,

The lenses, i have the 55mm, 80mm, 135mm and 180mm, are all superb, it's just the weight and bulk make them a bit more difficult to lug about. I might see if I can get a C220 as I believe they are lighter.

Andy

Thanks Adrian,

The lenses, i have the 55mm, 80mm, 135mm and 180mm, are all superb, it's just the weight and bulk make them a bit more difficult to lug about. I might see if I can get a C220 as I believe they are lighter.

Andy

When I was moving up to MF I nearly bought one, but made the mistake of getting two Rollei's (not at the same time) and both had mechanical failures after a short time of use and when you think I bought the Rollei's about 25 years ago they weren't that old........anyway switched to RB67 and Etrs and never had a problem

Last edited:
A few from a recent trip, Pentax 645N, Pentax FA 200mm, Ilford FP4, V500 scans. The 645 and 200mm is a weighty combo but I found myself using it a lot.

28337403516_3dea126f91_b.jpg

28337120956_696456f5d6_b.jpg

28267138082_40b25c815b_b.jpg

^^WHS^^

Cracking set ...the dof works perfectly.(y)

Weight combo or not, to get results like these it's worth lugging about i reckon.

Wow, I like these a lot :) I love the movement in the first one

Thanks Carl, comments are appreciated, I really liked the firs one too. The entax FA200mm is an AF lens but I find myself using it in MF mode most of the time. I practiced panning a few time before I fired the shutter on that one.

^^WHS^^

Cracking set ...the dof works perfectly.(y)

Weight combo or not, to get results like these it's worth lugging about i reckon.

Thanks for your comments Asha, appreciated as always. I am using the Pentax 645 a lot at the moment and really enjoying it. It is big bit of kit and the shutter is far from discrete, indeed when it goes off it sounds exactly like hitting the return key on my old Olivetti electric typewriter!

A few more from my Utrecht odyssey. All taken with my Pentax 645N, Pentax 45mm FA on OOD Fuji 400H rated at 200 ISO. Like most of my shots at the moment I am not using the cameras meter but rather,I am using my Sekonic hand held and metering only for shadows. As an aside I am really impressed with my first try of Filmdev, lightening fast and these are not even the high res TIFFs ordered, they are the lower res jpegs they send over the wire in advance of the postal delivery.

I should warn people, this post does contain pictures of bicycles!

1. Beetle Bumper Selfie

28404115786_2550a5acef_b.jpg

2. Top End Street Cruiser

28153810160_55114f55c3_b.jpg

3. Who needs brakes!

28357912161_80a8a1ed5c_b.jpg

As an aside I am really impressed with my first try of Filmdev, lightening fast and these are not even the high res TIFFs ordered, they are the lower res jpegs they send over the wire in advance of the postal delivery.

Adrian, I think those "digital contact print" JPEGs they send via WeTransfer are the same pixel resolution, just highly compressed JPEGs.

Adrian, I think those "digital contact print" JPEGs they send via WeTransfer are the same pixel resolution, just highly compressed JPEGs.

Thanks Chris , I wasn't sure, I am still keen to receive the TIFFs even if the same resolution in that some of the JPEGs are over sharpened and I requested minimal sharpening on the TIFFs. For the money this first foray with Filmed looks promising. Thanks for the alert on this outfit as I think you were the first I saw to recommend them

I think there are some bikes where you just pedal backwards to achieve braking on the rear wheel, with a hub brake. Not a design I would like to try myself. In fact I think track bikes work that way.

Yes indeed hiring some bikes in Holland...it takes some getting used to and I never like it.

I think there are some bikes where you just pedal backwards to achieve braking on the rear wheel, with a hub brake. Not a design I would like to try myself. In fact I think track bikes work that way.

Track bikes don't have hub brakes, but they also don't have freewheels, so if the wheels are going round, so must your legs - and if apply force to stop pedaling, you'll slow down. (Or fall off)

I really need to either develop my films as soon as I take them, or label the canisters when I take them out of the camera, because I just developed three films and have been racking my brains trying to work out when, where, and with what I took two of them.

Anyhow, I'm 98% certain that these are on expired FP4, taken last year on Pendine Sands, with an Olympus XA2. Semi-stand development in 1:100 Rodinal.

img084.jpg img086.jpg

And this one I'm 98% certain is Worthing earlier this year, Olympus mju 1, T-MAX 100, deved in 1:25 Rodinal for 6 minutes.

img062.jpg

A few more from my Utrecht odyssey. All taken with my Pentax 645N, Pentax 45mm FA on OOD Fuji 400H rated at 200 ISO. Like most of my shots at the moment I am not using the cameras meter but rather,I am using my Sekonic hand held and metering only for shadows. As an aside I am really impressed with my first try of Filmdev, lightening fast and these are not even the high res TIFFs ordered, they are the lower res jpegs they send over the wire in advance of the postal delivery.

I should warn people, this post does contain pictures of bicycles!

1. Beetle Bumper Selfie

28404115786_2550a5acef_b.jpg

2. Top End Street Cruiser

28153810160_55114f55c3_b.jpg

3. Who needs brakes!

28357912161_80a8a1ed5c_b.jpg
i really like shot number 2 the tones/colours (sp?) are lovey

Back