Show us yer film shots then!

Don't tell me the FE is suffering from "home sickness" and needs occasional visits back to France :D:D

Good to see that you're continuing to enjoy it.;)

Ha! Our Airbnb host was a film maker for TF1/Canal+ and was very impressed to see an FE in use - I think I managed to restore his faith in some of us from this side of the channel :)

And some more Oly OM-1 / Poundland Agfa pics. :)

The first one is my favourite shot from the roll. I love the colours and the light (the red glows you can see on the floor are reflections from the red paint on a couple of steam locomotives - as in shot 4).

FILM - A safe seat in the event of a fire
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Fishy,I really like the colour you get from Agfa Vista....................AGAIN!!! :) Ha ha, i didn't know that was you on the facebook 35mm page :)

Took a walk in Allendale, Northumberland yesterday and found this fallen tree catching the spray from a waterfall and forming icicles:

The icicle tree
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Yashicamat 124G and Ilford FP4+.
Unfortunatlely, I think my developer was partially exhausted so the results weren't what I had hoped for.

Got some negs back today, so expect some shots from me over the next day or two. :)

Olympus 35 RC and a roll of Dixon's branded 200 ASA film that expired in June 2004. Processed at Peak Imaging and scanned on my Epson V550.

Here's a couple from the roll with a similar theme, being shot into the sun, albeit on different days in different locations. I'm really happy with these. There's quite a bit of grain in the shadows and some subtle lens flare, but otherwise the dynamic range is great given the conditions, I think.

FILM - Shooting into the sun-2

FILM - Shooting into the sun

The railway lines shot is from a level crossing, so no life-threatening trespassing took place. :)

Took a walk in Allendale, Northumberland yesterday and found this fallen tree catching the spray from a waterfall and forming icicles:

The icicle tree by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Yashicamat 124G and Ilford FP4+.
Unfortunatlely, I think my developer was partially exhausted so the results weren't what I had hoped for.

Lovely capture, Thought yashica 124 was 6x6 Square format no?

Love the colours on that first shot Brian. What were they shot on?

Thanks Nige but it was Tesco it was even more colourful and turned the saturation down to be more like film and not digi.....when I look back, Tesco did a better job than Asda as they got the tricky reds better most times on subjects like roses, camelias etc
The film was old expired film 2006 superia 200

Last edited:
I joined the forum yesterday so thought I’d better say hello and (with some trepidation!) post some photos. One of my interests is collecting and using old film cameras, with medium format being my favourite. I haven’t got a huge collection but have got a bit of a variety, ranging from old ‘junk-shop type’ box cameras, several folding cameras, and a couple of Yashica 635 TLRs (which I especially like using).

I find it makes a nice change to use a fully-manual, meterless, film camera... and having only 8 shots per roll of film certainly focuses my attention, as well as the lens! Anyway, enough waffle, here’s a few shots I’ve gathered along the way:

Taken with a Kodak box camera bought from a junk shop, I like the slightly ethereal feel to the 'focus' on this one:

Another from the same camera and roll of Ektachrome E6 slide film (from the days when you could still buy the stuff off the shelf at Boots!), sharp it’s not, but I rather like the atmosphere it gives:

Here’s a bit of black and white, taken with my 1971 Yashica 635 on Fuji Neopan Acros 100:

And lastly, a bit of colour, again taken with the 635 this time on Kodak Ektar 100 and cropped slightly:

Not exactly masterpieces and I’m still trying to find the best settings to scan at (using my Epson V600) plus getting to grips with Photoshop Elements 15, so I’ll be looking on the forum for a few tips on that. Thanks for looking, any comments/critiques/advice welcome. :)

Hi...well I can't see you needing criticism\advice etc on shots as you are doing very well and IMO don't need it.

Welcome aboard Mr Badger and what a lovely way to introduce yourself. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Andy

Here're the final batch of shots from the roll of expired Dixons film (well, there are others, but they're just alternate takes on the same shots as already posted, so I'll not bother with those).

FILM - Godfrey Sykes

FILM - Arts Tower variations

FILM - Arts Tower variations-2

FILM - Arts Tower variations-3

FILM - Arts Tower variations-4

Thanks for the kind comments and warm welcome chaps; I like the shot of the memorial Nige. Will post a couple more photos when I have time to wrestle with Photobucket again, I must give Flickr a try one of these days and see if that's any quicker to upload photos to.

...and looking at them again...in the fifth one, was a huge Shrek sticking two fingers up at you from behind?!

(sorry - this is how my mind works)

From the times I've been out photo shooting with Simon I can categorically state that he is almost always being followed by a giant, rude, green ogre... I didn't catch the name though. :D

Well I found a subject to shoot (well exciting for me) going on from my shot recently about a collapse bridge... all on Vista:-

The collapsed bridge

Hoisting the new bridge

fitting it into position

That's more than a subject...it's an entire story! Great stuff.

That's more than a subject...it's an entire story! Great stuff.

Thanks but I missed the bit taking the old bridge away and dumping it by the side as I wanted to take shots of where\why it broke, a tele lens would have shown it coming out of the water.

Back