Show us yer film shots then!

Finally finished off a roll of Velvia that's been in my Olympus XA4 for over a year! I always forget how lovely the lens on this little camera is - some more shots here. Got this processed by FilmDev for a change - I'm a convert! The films were uploaded so quickly, literally a two-day turnaround, and cheap too. Will be using them again.

Bristol - Castle Park (wish I'd cropped the sky out a bit more and included some more foreground)
Velvia XA4-2 by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr

Berlin
Velvia XA4-7 by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr
Velvia XA4-8 by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr

Charlotte,

I really like #2,great colour and the subject of urban neglect and art is highlighted by the group of young people in the background. Excellent.

I show a couple of my outdated Tri-X which gave horrendous GRAIN in Promicrol -- this time on the second half of the cut film I used my 'Home-Made' Microphen 1+1 for 11 mins @ 20oc and although negs were a bit dense ( I think 10 mins would have been better) the grain was finer -- both taken on Shenfied Common Pond on my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F. For the house reflection I used a 135mm f3.5 SMC Takumar @ f4 and for the trees mu 'huge' 35mm f2 Super-Takumar at f4.5
Spotmatic F 12 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Spotmatic F 13 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few from a recent trip to the Lake District. I managed to get the Lomo LC-A 120, Minolta Autocord, and Rolleiflex 2.8E all involved in the picture-taking festivities.

These are great and it's good to see the return of the famous owl hat :)

High Street Sentinels
Nikon F100, Nikkor 24-120mm, Agfa Vista 200

14260018526_ba2e9ed77e_b.jpg

From a classic car show at Bowes Railway:

Singer Vogue
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Mamiya RZ67 and Ilford XP2 Super

I really like this sort of mono close up study, to me it speaks more than an image of the whole vehicle. There is also something inherent about bygone British engineering implicit in the paint and chrome and you don't need all the letters to know the words Singer and Vogue, if you are of a particular age! Lovely work, well seen.

Last edited:
Not a pure film photo, but I've been playing around with some of my photos (taken on film, of course) and Photoshop, while I have some free time at work before the new year. More can be seen on my blog... what do you think?

castle-b.jpeg

Not a pure film photo, but I've been playing around with some of my photos (taken on film, of course) and Photoshop, while I have some free time at work before the new year. More can be seen on my blog... what do you think?

castle-b.jpeg
honestly, i think the original is way better. i dont think this pp has added anything

castle-b.jpeg

I think that's interesting, Charlotte, not sure what it means, but it's certainly different. The doily effect seems to work better against the blue sky rather than the white cloud.

Rolleicord
Shanghai GP3

img520 by Simon, on Flickr

img518 by Simon, on Flickr

img513-2 by Simon, on Flickr

Simon ,as ever great B&W photographs and you have produced extremely good results with the Shanghai GP3,very clean,excellent quality and great contrast over the greys and blacks,good control of shadows and most of all very fine grain.

They are a wonderful set, congratulations you seem to have an infinity with B&W photography.

Many thanks Richard.

You are too kind.

I do feel that the absolute commitment I made to B+W, a couple of years ago, is beginning to pay off.

Gave a CANON FTbn an outing, loaded with some of my 02/2007 dated Fuji ACROS 100 which I processed in my 'homer-made' Microphen 1+3

50mm f1.4 FD SSC lens, 1/250 @ f2 dull light in Oxford Street

View attachment 92663

Trafalgar Square, 200mm f4 FD SSC lens, 1/500 @ f5.6

View attachment 92664

200mm f4 FD SSC lens 1/500 @ f5.6

View attachment 92665

I really like this one a lot. I love the light, and the composition leads me up the road and then down in front of the buildings.

It's one of my favourites as well. Really like having this little pocket film camera too. Wish I'd got one years ago!

My very small adventure story……OM2 and Kodak Ultramax

Fork left here as it’s the quickest way to the bridge I want to cross…h’mm other than me there was some odd people around that day as the three people have shorter left legs than the right and are leaning over.. oh wait this was a nine frame pano and looks like Photoshop has cocked it up.

Once over this bridge I’ll turn right to a route I haven’t explored.

Gotta keep the bike upright on these leaves as I’ll get wet feet.

Off the footpath and there’s a wall h’mm

Climbed through the wire netting and huh I’m on a bridge but there is nothing leading to it and it doesn’t go anywhere. Maybe a Victorian folly as the view is not that bad.

Well here’s the bridge and found out it was built for a rail line extension to connect from the end of the tube line from London to a small town but was scrapped over 50 years ago.

So it's been a very sparse year for me, so much so that this one was taken over a year ago now and it's only recently that I've taken any more to fill up the available spaces in the dev tank. Still, looks ok for a year sat exposed at room temperature :D
Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

Edited to newer version with dust cloned out.

Last edited:
Back