Show us yer film shots then!

@skysh4rk Your shot of the waterfall in pic #2 IMHO is absolutely spot on. To my eye and monitor the water appears to actually flow and for me that is a good thing. Well shot.

@skysh4rk Your shot of the waterfall in pic #2 IMHO is absolutely spot on. To my eye and monitor the water appears to actually flow and for me that is a good thing. Well shot.

Thanks! I've made the mistake of overdoing the exposure in the past, resulting in misty-looking waterfalls with very little detail in the water, so I was trying to avoid doing that again.

I went out on Saturday and shot a roll of Portra 160 (expired 2011) on my Lubitel 166 Universal, and a roll of Poundland Agfa on my Olympus Trip 35. I've started to scan the shots on my lunchbreak today, so will post them as I've done them.

Some of my Lubitel shots are a little soft at the edges, but I'm not sure if this is down to the lens (probably not - other shots are fine), or my poor understanding of just how much depth of field you get when shooting medium format (I think this might be more likely, but please educate me! :) ). It's noticeable in shot #2 in the foreground and distance, which is what leads me to think that I needed a smaller aperture. It was probably shot at f/8 or f/11.

Anyway, here're a couple of the Lubitel / Portra shots to start off with.

FILM - Smokestack
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Kelham Island

Last edited:
Its dull and damp, so thinking about summer trips and being out on a bicycle some where!

31950023300_78976e9c35_b.jpg

32327004895_9c88ab0b10_b.jpg

32287261946_e17624555e_b.jpg

32208979231_f2e455aeb2_b.jpg

31484442914_124d698974_b.jpg

31485135654_9be7ee266e_b.jpg

Pentax 645N, FA 45mm. All but the last one on Fuji 400H 220, rated at 200ASA, the last one on 20 year OOD Ektachrome 100E

I went out on Saturday and shot a roll of Portra 160 (expired 2011) on my Lubitel 166 Universal, and a roll of Poundland Agfa on my Olympus Trip 35. I've started to scan the shots on my lunchbreak today, so will post them as I've done them.

Some of my Lubitel shots are a little soft at the edges, but I'm not sure if this is down to the lens (probably not - other shots are fine), or my poor understanding of just how much depth of field you get when shooting medium format (I think this might be more likely, but please educate me! :) ). It's noticeable in shot #2 in the foreground and distance, which is what leads me to think that I needed a smaller aperture. It was probably shot at f/8 or f/11.

Anyway, here're a couple of the Lubitel / Portra shots to start off with.

FILM - Smokestack

FILM - Kelham Island

Lovely images and excellent scans, what device are you using?

@Jao unsurprising magenta cast on that last one, given 20 year OOD Ektachrome, but that red is lovely! Love the set, the Dutch do bikes much better than we do, don't they?

@Jao unsurprising magenta cast on that last one, given 20 year OOD Ektachrome, but that red is lovely! Love the set, the Dutch do bikes much better than we do, don't they?
Thanks Chris, the old Ektachrome does have a cast, but like you I liked the red of the bicycle and yes the Dutch are cycle kings!

Thanks Chris, the old Ektachrome does have a cast, but like you I liked the red of the bicycle and yes the Dutch are cycle kings!

Nah Dutch bikes would fall apart or jam up where I cycle off road :D

Dutch bikes are built for cobbles, they'd laugh at mountains! The gearing and braking OTOH... :eek:

Reactions: Jao
Dutch bikes are built for cobbles, they'd laugh at mountains! The gearing and braking OTOH... :eek:

...and British roads with pot holes ;) I was given a normal road bike (not so long ago) that needed new gearing etc and after fixing took it for a test test ride to take some photos, anyway the mud guards collected so much mud it was slightly jamming the wheels and had to stop now and again to clear it away with a stick....:eek:
To keep on topic I better show a shot of my bike.
minA5 (1)1000px.jpg

Reactions: Jao
I like this camera, its one of my happier accidents, gonna have to sort the data back out though.
Apart from the macro functionality, it shoots a bitingly sharp portrait, so sharp its almost harsh, maybe its the grain that makes it look harsh or the light or both.....I dunno
The film is apx 100 in ilfosol, its far far smoother in xtol, I should do all my 35 in xtol really.

testing testing

2di1rn8.jpg

2w7ip8z.jpg

16c124i.jpg

b3wj6c.jpg

I like this camera, its one of my happier accidents, gonna have to sort the data back out though.
Apart from the macro functionality, it shoots a bitingly sharp portrait, so sharp its almost harsh, maybe its the grain that makes it look harsh or the light or both.....I dunno
The film is apx 100 in ilfosol, its far far smoother in xtol, I should do all my 35 in xtol really.

testing testing

2di1rn8.jpg

2w7ip8z.jpg

16c124i.jpg

b3wj6c.jpg

What camera is that @joxby? The thermometer shot is particularly excellent.

What camera is that @joxby? The thermometer shot is particularly excellent.

I like this camera, its one of my happier accidents,

He's already told you Steve......It's a "happier accident"

They're somewhat rare to come across, unlike their cousin the "unhappy accident"

By the sounds of it, John has been fortuanate and has more than one :D:D

Last edited:
pic then...:D

2hdnm9g.jpg

there are more controls on an mju than there is on this...:ROFLMAO:

It was cheap, I bid on it with 10 days to go but didn't really want it, and forgot about it.
Then the bill came...:confused:
It turned out to be a happy accident because it works perfectly, no light leaks or gunky foaam, no controls whatsoever, its a bit niche and limited but I don't mind cos the negs are sharp and exposure is right on the money for the entire roll, it would probably be a bonza portrait thing if it wasn't sooo so coarse razor sharp.

Back