Show us yer film shots then!

Voigtlander R4a, Nokton 35mm f1.4 on Vista and converted coz it can be.
Elizabethan Glass
LMH2-B&W by Andy, on Flickr

Little Moreton Hall, the bendiest building in the country (ish)
LMH1 by Andy, on Flickr

Last edited:
A couple more from over winter.
Rank Aldiss Rangefinder - Kentmere 100
R1-05480-0014s.jpg

Konica Auto S2 - Kentmere 400
For some reason I really like the reflection of the Bikes and the flare from the Chair Legs - and managing not to get my shadow in frame ;)
R2-05481-0019s.jpg

From another thread :- ""The joys of digital....the other day was something strange when a Goldcrest (smallest bird in UK) was jumping up and down on the window ledge, it could jump about 8", even with my wife and I looking at it from about 2ft away (from inside) didn't scare it, (maybe it was trying to get in to build a nest or could see it's reflection in the window), anyway used up the remaing shots in one camera taking close up shots and no problem as I had the Nex ready with MF lens for more ..WTF battery flat :( so looking for a film that wasn't in the freezer and found one in my backpack..loaded up the T70 with 100mm lens and went outside and the same i.e. jumping up and down and didn't care if I was near and used it at 2.5 fps to get some action shots in mid air. Interesting to see the results and if any good will post.""

Asda/Vista/T70/100mm

Good work, Brian. I suspect it's trying to scare that other bird away!

We had floor to ceiling windows in a family room back in Adelaide, and most years a black and white bird about the size of a jackdaw, called a Murray Magpie IIRC, used to come and jump up and down outside, and attacking it's reflection. Made a bit of a mess on the path!

From another thread :- ""The joys of digital....the other day was something strange when a Goldcrest (smallest bird in UK) was jumping up and down on the window ledge, it could jump about 8", even with my wife and I looking at it from about 2ft away (from inside) didn't scare it, (maybe it was trying to get in to build a nest or could see it's reflection in the window), anyway used up the remaing shots in one camera taking close up shots and no problem as I had the Nex ready with MF lens for more ..WTF battery flat :( so looking for a film that wasn't in the freezer and found one in my backpack..loaded up the T70 with 100mm lens and went outside and the same i.e. jumping up and down and didn't care if I was near and used it at 2.5 fps to get some action shots in mid air. Interesting to see the results and if any good will post.""

Asda/Vista/T70/100mm

Brilliant stuff Brian, one of my favourite little birds.

Couple more from my London trip -- I re-loaded my 2002 Hasselblad with a roll of 1993 dated ORWO NP22 from a batch of 50 I bought cheaply years ago when ORWO went broke -- there are several more in the fridge. I found it works well with the 'Liquid' PROMICROL 1+14 for 11 mins @ 20oC. I rate it at 100 ASA.
Tower Bridge from under London Bridge on Thames Riverside Walk, 180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T* + Orange Filter
April 2017 05.jpg
The 'Shard' building from North Bank of Thames with 50mm f4 CFi Distagon T* + Yellow-Green Filter
April 2017 06.jpg

Asda/Vista/T70/100mm

Brian,

Although the environment is not good,the fact you have that beautiful bonny bird in you collection is just wonderful. Well done.(y)(y)

I guess he was trying to impress his reflection for mating.

Last edited:
Brian - I love those shots. I have to disagree about the environment too - while not the usual blurred green background isolating the Goldcrest on a twig, I think it shows just how tiny these little birds are. Great shots!

Brian - I love those shots. I have to disagree about the environment too - while not the usual blurred green background isolating the Goldcrest on a twig, I think it shows just how tiny these little birds are. Great shots!

Thanks, my next challenge is a shot of a tame Robin walking into the garage (when it sees me in there) and looking at me waiting for it's usual bit of cheese...but might have missed the boat as the chicks have grown up and with the warm weather, they don't need so much food and don't see them much now. Even more surprising is the garage is full of junk (inc furniture) and there could be a cat in there, lucky for it, we don't have one.

I agree. I don't dislike shots that isolate the subject, but in this case there's a story from being able to see the wider scene that wouldn't be there otherwise. You can see that it's perhaps trying to frighten off it's own reflection, and you can see that the windowsill is a popular perch for birds. It all adds to the shot.

Last week was surprised to see it gobble up a large fat spider about 1" in diameter :eek:

I watched a blue tit from the kitchen window this morning. It hopped along the top of the fence about five feet away, stopping every six inches or so to peek underneath the overhang of the fence top and peck up any tasty morsels lurking there. It did this for the full length of the fence and the brick posts that seperate the panels, alternating between both sides to ensure nothing was missed.

I'm not a birdwatcher by any means, but little moments like this are fascinating.

Last edited:
I watched a blue tit from the kitchen window this morning. It hopped along the top of the fence about five feet away, stopping every six inches or so to peek underneath the overhang of the fence top and peck up any tasty morsels lurking there. It did this for the full length of the fence and the brick posts that seperate the panels, alternating between both sides to ensure nothing was missed.

I'm not a birdwatcher by any means, but little moments like this are fascinating.

Blue tits need about 1000 caterpillars a day to feed ten chicks, so great news for the gardener...anyone interested in Blue tits https://www.bto.org/volunteer-surveys/nbc/blue-tit-blog

Lovely work Simon. You been breaking into the distillery in the middle of the night?

Bronica SQ-B
Ilford Delta 400

img703 by Simon, on Flickr
Liking this a lot Simon, great tones and contrast, I would be tempted to loose some of the floor though. It also doesn't look quite straight which is slightly disconcerting in an OCD kind of way.

Thanks folks

Liking this a lot Simon, great tones and contrast, I would be tempted to loose some of the floor though. It also doesn't look quite straight which is slightly disconcerting in an OCD kind of way.

It's a large bit of machinery so needs a good strong floor.

It probably is a bit skew wiff though.

Well Nige gave a like but it looks like a dev or scanning problem?

In which way, Brian? If it's the grain, then it seems like it might be a characteristic of the film - checking the Bergger Pancro 400 Flickr group reveals lots of pictures with similar heavy grain. It's probably been exacerbated a little by my PP in Lightroom too, although not by much - most of the grain is there on the negs.

In which way, Brian? If it's the grain, then it seems like it might be a characteristic of the film - checking the Bergger Pancro 400 Flickr group reveals lots of pictures with similar heavy grain. It's probably been exacerbated a little by my PP in Lightroom too, although not by much - most of the grain is there on the negs.

Probably me as I've never been a grain lover and see it worse than others :( but the scenes looks quite desolate so I suppose the grain adds to the atmosphere (y)

Probably me as I've never been a grain lover and see it worse than others :( but the scenes looks quite desolate so I suppose the grain adds to the atmosphere (y)

Grain only adds to the atmosphere if the atmosphere is full of hail... :D

Back