Show us yer film shots then!

A couple more from last weekend in Wales.

Rolleiflex and OOD (2011) Kodak Portra 400VC.

Looking across to Barmouth from Fairbourne, a couple of stitsched shots.
Barmouth-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

Chiarosuro
Chiaruscuro by Andy, on Flickr

The Railway Bridge
Near-Barmouth4 by Andy, on Flickr

What is it about the film you don't like (I've never used it, but it's on my "to try" list)?

It's the overall look, particularly the mid tones and the transition to shadow.

Not sure that explains it but I just don't like it.

I have wondered if maybe it doesn't get on with HC-110. It's the only film I've had this issue with.

I found 400 to be like that, a bit naff, kinda muddy and flat, but 100 has always been snappy for me, proper contrasty with a red filter though, bit too contrasty really.
I'm sure I did a big pile of film just recently in HC, not my regular dev but it will include some acros, I'll see if I can dig some out...:)

Apologies if this is too much of a wafer thin link to 'yer film shots' - as it was not taken by me, or very recently..... My Nan recently passed away and at her gathering yesterday there were lots of old photos out for people to look at and reminesce with - lots of interesting and amusing shots - but I was particularly taken by this one - my Nan looking off down the street from their doorway - no idea why, if it was posed or anything - just that its her and my grandads house, no idea who took it, probably my grandad. But to me it looked like it should be in some kind of exhibition, although i doubt there was much thought put into it - so many stories you could imagine could be attached to why she's looking, what shes waiting for etc. Just something about it.....

IMG_20170427_154145crop.jpg

This will almost certainly be my last ever photo on Acros.

I just can't get on with it. No idea why.

Not sure what's happened there, Simon, but something doesn't look right?! One of the reasons I bought some rolls of Acros was because I liked the look of numerous photos taken with it using Yashica 635s on Flickr, so thought it would suit mine. I've been pleased with it so far, here's a representative sample of one taken on Across using my 635:

I've also put a roll through a 1927 Box Brownie and was pleased enough with the results (apart from them being a bit under-exposed, but that was the operator not the film!), so I don't know why your example turned out flat looking. I sent mine to AG Photolab for developing, so can't help with that side, other than that, could it be your scanner doesn't like it for some reason? :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah, there's something in my process that Acros doesn't like.

It's the only film I've had this issue with so I'll just avoid it.

Sounds like a plan. :) It's a shame I didn't see those rolls you had in the classified section before they sold! :banghead:

I found 400 to be like that, a bit naff, kinda muddy and flat, but 100 has always been snappy for me, proper contrasty with a red filter though, bit too contrasty really.
I'm sure I did a big pile of film just recently in HC, not my regular dev but it will include some acros, I'll see if I can dig some out...:)

Yeah well, I'm talking out my ar5e, they're all Delta
I've used HC before but it was a long time ago and I couldn't say out of the billion negs I have what was souped in it.
Maybe I souped the neopan 400 in it, and that's why it was muddy....who knows..:/
Anyway, 400 was crap, cant buy it anymore, 1600 was bonza, can't buy it anymore and 100 has only ever been bonza souped in anything.....cept maybe HC...:)

Went exploring back streets East of the Bank of England in London where all the new buildings are : I used my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + A16 back + 50mm f4 CFi Distagon T* -- I took some on E6 on another back but film not finished yet . I processed this 02/2005 dated Ilford DELTA 100 in my 'HomeMade' Microphen 1+1 for 9 mins @ 20oc. Light was POOR when I arrived at Bank Station but BLUE SKIES when I started out!
Sculpture around City of London -- you have to search to finf them ! I waited for 'Human Interest' before clicking.
April 2017 01.jpg
One of the many new buildings. Light was very poor.
April 2017 03.jpg
The 'Gherkin Building' one of the most 'famous' ones. I took some good E6 but film not finished yet, I like the Old Church in Foreground.
April 2017 04.jpg
Not 'East of Bank' but St Paul's -- I found this 'Coffee Cup Recycling'thing in the forground.
April 2017 02.jpg

Went to Birmingham on Saturday and took some pictures.

Konica C35 Automatic, Agfa Vista 200. Some are a bit clichéd but when in Birmingham.....
Selfridge-Building2 by Andy, on Flickr

Selfridge-Building1 by Andy, on Flickr

3-for-a-Quid by Andy, on Flickr

Street-Dance by Andy, on Flickr

I'm very happy with the little Konica, very sharp lens and easy to use, tiny as well, slips easily into a pocket.

No new photos, but I did a darkroom course this weekend! Ended up with four nice prints, and I'll be back to do more. Really happy with these:
photo-29-04-2017-16-41-50.jpg

Rollei Retro 400s Revisited
I bought a good few rolls of Rollei Retro 400s a few years ago but never really liked the results so gave most of it away.
I found one remaining roll and shot it at the weekend and for the first time quite liked it.

34027954510_dfaeeac549_b.jpg

34412718275_35590c3d8c_b.jpg

34282133141_32377e1376_b.jpg

Pentax 645N, Pentax 45mm FA, Ilfotec LC29 @1-19, Epson V500 scans

I think somebody's enjoying himself with that new camera, I told you those Yashica TLRs were OK, didn't I? ;)

Yep, it's very nice. :)

I still need to get straight in my head the amount of depth of field that will be produced by various apertures and focal distances, but I'm having fun finding out. I know that there are charts available that show this, but that's not as exciting as learning on the fly, is it?

I was going through my Lightroom library today and came across this photograph. Although I think I might have posted another photo from this outing back in 2015, I apparently didn't think too much of this particular one at the time. I quite like it now, however.

Back