Show us yer film shots then!

At last finished a film with the London Chinese New Year on it -- what with weather and catching the dreaded Lurgi only just got it processed and printed by BOOTS of Brentwood High Street yesterday.
Film : 01/2008 dated KONICA VX 400 Super rated 200 ASA
Camera: a 'Gift' MINOLTA Dynax 5
Lenses : Minolta AF Zoom 28-100mm f3.5-5.6 D for all the parade and Minolta AF Zoom 70-210mm f3.5-4.5 for Trafalgar Square
Used Fill-in Flash for all Parade Photos.
London: Chinese New Year 2018 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Fujifilm Provia 400 - London Graffiti, shot on the Yashica 124G around Shoreditch

London Graff
by S8, on Flickr

London Graff
by S8, on Flickr

A friends Buick - Ilford FP5 400 - I cocked the exposure up a little and really had to pull the shadows.

Buick
by S8, on Flickr

p.s. - the scanning glass I bought makes a huge difference to sharpness IMO

Last edited:
Shot a roll of Delta 100 on the ETRS today, as we had quite a lot of snow in Somerset (well, quite a lot for down here!). Managed to leave it on manual exposure mode so the meter readings didn't do anything... Thankfully the shutter speed was set to 1/60 so all the photos were only overexposed by a stop or two. Feeling pretty lucky!!

Snow
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Snow
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Snow
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Snow
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

I wanted to get out and take snow photos but our central heating packed in the other night, so I decided that going out in the cold, only to return to an unheated house with no hot water was a bad idea. :(

I took some of my kids playing in the snow on Wednesday, but those were on digital.

At least the boiler is fixed now.

We seem to have missed out on the snow round here this time, we only had a skittering of it and that mostly blew and evaporated away last night! There's just a few small flakes coming down at the moment tonight but I doubt we'll be white over in the morning. :( Glad you got the boiler fixed Nige, they always seem to go on the blink when they're most needed!

We seem to have missed out on the snow round here this time, we only had a skittering of it and that mostly blew and evaporated away last night! There's just a few small flakes coming down at the moment tonight but I doubt we'll be white over in the morning. :( Glad you got the boiler fixed Nige, they always seem to go on the blink when they're most needed!

Yeah, it's so good to have warmth and hot water again. It's so easy to take this stuff for gramted, but boy do you soon miss them when you don't have them. There have been loads of people with boiler issues apparnetly, many of them for the same reason as us - the plastic condensate pipe had become blocked with ice. I was unable to unblock ours unfortunately.

Here's a photo I took before the boiler became poorly...

Olympus OM-1, Cimko 28mm f/2.8 & Kodak Portra 160.

FILM - Horseplay
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have a spare Gossen Lunasix 3 that I was going to advertise on here, but would be happy to offer you first refusal if you are interested?
Thanks for the offer but I was using a fill flash an would probably go for something a bit more up-to-date that can meter flash.

I really need to do something with my many travel images. Was thinking of (re) starting a website since my wedding one has now expired. Good idea?

Anyways, I still love 35mm and think it has a different feel to MF. Here is San Francisco through the Leica M3, 50mm and Kodak Ektar 100.

I really like that, Nige. The background blur is a bit busy, but in this shot it really kinda works!

Love HP5 - nice shot Nige :)

Thanks both. There was a thick mist on Sunday as all the snow began to melt, so I went out for a walk and ended up shooting nearly a full roll. I was just planning on testing out my 28-80mm lens (it was a bit soft on the last roll I shot back last summer so I decided I was going to give it another go to see if the lens was at fault or if it was just a one off). Happily, all the shots are nice and sharp, and it can produce some pretty nice shallow depth of field if I combine the zoom with a wide aperture at close range. I like the look and the grain that HP5 gives, and I got a few nice shots from the roll.

It was worth the wet feet. :)

Thanks Chris, grain is a given with Rodinal I'm afraid. I've ordered Perceptol to give it a try as it is meant to be far less grain, so we'll see how that goes.

FP4 has significant grain. Then again, I do not use FP4.

Well not much grain showing in this FP4 shot taken about 40 years ago on a Pentax S3..but for grain, (as mentioned) it could be the type of dev used or may be grain aliasing? in scanning if it looks bad.

Looking at this old shot again maybe the contrast needs slightly adjusting?
sEdMC9k.jpg

I'm using it up as I have a few OOD rolls of 35mm in the fridge, and I used it here because it's a lot less grainy than HP5+.:whistle:

Well I always used FP4 in the past and thought it was a very good film and while the 35mm shots would show some grain (the more you enlarged), my 6X6 and 6X7 shots hardly showed any grain at all going up to about 12 x16 print.

I had pretty much given up on 35mm b&w as I was getting far better results with 120, but there's effectively no cost in using up OOD 35mm devved in a few drops of Rodinal, so I'll just shoot it anyway. For comparison purposes, here's an HP5+ shot taken on a Yashicamat late last year and it has far less grain than the 35mm FP4+ shots.
2017-12-01-0007-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Back