Show us yer film shots then!

Where was that taken Fishyfish ?

Me again in 1974 ! My dad told me to go and play in the lake ,maybe I was a difficult child ! Par lake Cornwall Cosmic 35.
View attachment 121026

Ps I know it needs cropping or rescanning ?

Did your Dad mean deeper? :)

Great old family photograph.

Snip:
My dad told me to go and play in the lake ,maybe I was a difficult child !
That's nothing, it wasn't until I reached the age of 10 that I realised my name wasn't Stopit!

Did your Dad mean deeper? :)

I think it was quite deep, if you look carefully you can see he's standing on his brother's shoulders! ;)

Last edited:
Cold yesterday, but at least it was dry. Thought I'd try my new RZ67 with some FP4+, mainly to make sure that everything is working okay such as the backs and shutter speeds. Couple of stupid mistakes but all in all, an absolute pleasure to use and the WLF is stunning.

Exposed at 100 ASA and developed in Rodinal 50:1 for 12 minutes.

All around the area are the remnants of old cotton mills going back to the 1600's. This old stone was at the side of a large circular pit which looks like an old dye mill. Nothing much left other than some crumbling walls, and bits of what once were water powered mills as in the bridge structure which dates from the 1700's.

MamiyaNew9 by Lee Turner, on Flickr

MamiyaNew8 1 by Lee Turner, on Flickr

Last edited:
1946 to 51 not sure which year he brought it but I know he brought it new. My dad proudly sat on his Triumph 3T somewhere in Birmingham with his home made panniers . I'm in the process of scanning slides and Photos from our family archive.
6e0ef8a0-fee0-49ed-9083-430e305228d1_zps04904333.JPG

Chroma Field Test by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

I've just tried out a new scanning service I found via Gumtree using the slide I shot with my Chroma a few weeks ago when I was testing it with my extremely small and lightweight Manfrotto Pixi tripod! There's obviously some movement across the frame, which isn't exactly surprising given the size of the tripod, but I'm happy with the overall quality of the image and my 8 years' OOD velvia 50! It's scanned using an Imacon scanner, resulting in a 400Mb TIFF file - 9246 x 7397.

Last edited:
Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16 & Fujifilm Neopan 400.

I got light leaks on a lot of the frames from this roll unfortunately. Not a camera fault, I don't think - the film wasn't rolled tightly on the spool when I opened the back and so there was overexposure on the bottom of some of the frames. I've managed to slavage most of the affected frames by cropping them, but it's a bit of a shame nonetheless.

FILM - It beckons
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Just browsing
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Great sense of scal in the first one Nige, and must be quite a view from the top of the wheel!

Oops, should have said scale :oops: :$

Last edited:

Thank you. :)

Thank you. :)

Hi Gary, did you expose this at box speed? I'd like to try out some Delta 3200 but haven't a clue whether I should rate at box speed or not.

Not sure who Gary is? :D:LOL: But I would have rated this at either 1000 or 1600 I think. That's where I usually am with Delta 3200.

A few details on developer would be good as well (y)

Whatever Canadian Film Lab use to develop it. Mot of my stuff is lab dev and scan now, with only the odd roll of B&W done at home.

T
Whatever Canadian Film Lab use to develop it. Mot of my stuff is lab dev and scan now, with only the odd roll of B&W done at home.
Thanks Gareth. This is less grainy than I'm seeing with my HP5+ home devved in HC110, so was interested as I have a few rolls of 3200 in the fridge. I seem to recall Ilford DD-X being the preferred developer, and I bought some but never used it. Can't think it would be still OK in an unopened bottle after all this time, but might just try out of interest.

Not sure who Gary is? :D[emoji38] But I would have rated this at either 1000 or 1600 I think. That's where I usually am with Delta 3200.

Sorry I'm that used to Gaz being short for Gary that I just went on autopilot.

Do you have the lab pull your film in development down to 1000/ 1600 or do you have them develop as normal?

Really lovely, Gareth. With the narrow depth of field I was assuming it must be 4x5, but I gather Ilford doesn't make 3200 in sheets. So, 120?

Yeah, 120. 6x4.5 to be exact. 80mm F2.0

Thanks Gareth. This is less grainy than I'm seeing with my HP5+ home devved in HC110, so was interested as I have a few rolls of 3200 in the fridge. I seem to recall Ilford DD-X being the preferred developer, and I bought some but never used it. Can't think it would be still OK in an unopened bottle after all this time, but might just try out of interest.

Be sure to let us see how you get on! I have some HP5 shots also....will see if I can find a 120 one as means of comparison but may have shared it in here before.

Sorry I'm that used to Gaz being short for Gary that I just went on autopilot.

Do you have the lab pull your film in development down to 1000/ 1600 or do you have them develop as normal?

Haha it's quite alright. :). Develop as normal.

For means of comparison, this is HP5 on the same camera as that Delta 3200 shot. Same lab Dev & scan. I have shared this in this thread before I am sure.

With you saying about your results, I am assuming you are shooting 120, but for a proper comparison, I think all things need to be equal, including the scanner. These would have been done on a Fuji SP-3000.

I like the shot Chris but its a bit too grainy for me

I like the shot Chris but its a bit too grainy for me
I know what you mean, the light was difficult and i don't think that has helped, I think I need a proper light meter and a lot more experience with film :)

Back