Anglesey 3 by Andy, on Flickr

Ross Ensign 16-20 on Kodak Portra 160
Anglesey-2 by Andy, on Flickr

The Flex cost £250 the Ross was £4.99 :thinking:

Rolleiflex and Ektar again
Anglesey 7 by Andy, on Flickr

Ross Ensign on Ektar
Watermouth-Bay-4 by Andy, on Flickr

@Andysnap 1 and 4 are really nice. Seems weird though to see so much grain* in medium format Ektar on shot number 1 ?

*NB - I like grain

I suspect that there are two reasons for this, my ham-fisted processing and Flickr ;)

First go with Portra 120 in the Bronica and I like it. These are 160 pushed to 400, entirely for lighting reasons and not because I forgot to change the light meter or anything like that :rolleyes:

Ellie by Chris H, on Flickr

Ellie by Chris H, on Flickr

Really like the second shot Chris, I can't put my finger on it but something about it that says yes to me :)

Rolleiflex Model 4 on Ektar 100

Little Moreton Hall
LMH4 by Andy, on Flickr

PIVA, a medieval / renaissance group at Little Moreton Hall
LMH7 by Andy, on Flickr

LMH6 by Andy, on Flickr

Three from last weekend in the Lakes, Wasdale and Wastwater to be precise.

Wista 45 Field, Fujinon 135mm f3.5, OOD Fuji NS160

Wastwater-Screes by Andy, on Flickr

Toward-Kirk-Fell by Andy, on Flickr

and finally a conversion because the negative was unbelievably munged up, I'll post it up later for a laugh.

Toward-Kirk-Fell-b&w by Andy, on Flickr

Loving your work mr snap, looks like you’re growing to like 4x5 (or 5x4 depending on your personal preference).

Loving your work mr snap, looks like you’re growing to like 4x5 (or 5x4 depending on your personal preference).

I like it alright, especially if I've the time to set up properly, I hate when I'm in a hurry, that's when I get grumpy and threaten to sell everything and join a monastic order that bans photography

In Europe we say 5x4, in the usa it is 4x5
TBH I say it whichever way the dark slide sits on the back of my camera or whichever way it comes to mind.
I don’t really hold with either one being right or wrong, tomato/ tomato.

TBH I say it whichever way the dark slide sits on the back of my camera or whichever way it comes to mind.
I don’t really hold with either one being right or wrong, tomato/ tomato.

It's that kind of wishy-washy talk that lost us the Empire... Roberts, quickly fetch the brandy.

These and the previous posts are awesome - really enjoyed viewing, thanks for sharing :)

Thank you! Had a bit of a photographic lull - trying to move house, working a lot and hence no real time to do it.

Found some undeveloped rolls whilst packing up the spare room and thought I’d see what was on them. Mixture of bronica sqa, Olympus trip and petri 7s.

Am planning to shoot more when we move. The plan is to have a dedicated space in the new house [emoji1488]

Thank you! Had a bit of a photographic lull - trying to move house, working a lot and hence no real time to do it.

Found some undeveloped rolls whilst packing up the spare room and thought I’d see what was on them. Mixture of bronica sqa, Olympus trip and petri 7s.

Am planning to shoot more when we move. The plan is to have a dedicated space in the new house [emoji1488]

Good to see you posting again, Shaheed. Hope you are well. :)

This is one which Carmencita decided to use in their 'Best of June' post this month. I was surprised as the standard is usually quite high and I thought I had stronger ones on the rolls. I have been using Carmencita since CFL closed down for the foreseeable future and am very happy with their service, although they are working out more expensive than CFL. Also, I am not sure why I don't use this camera more often. The image quality is superb, the lens is fast and you get a decent number of images per roll (16).

Contax 645 + Kodak Portra 800

Good to see you posting again, Shaheed. Hope you are well. :)

This is one which Carmencita decided to use in their 'Best of June' post this month. I was surprised as the standard is usually quite high and I thought I had stronger ones on the rolls. I have been using Carmencita since CFL closed down for the foreseeable future and am very happy with their service, although they are working out more expensive than CFL. Also, I am not sure why I don't use this camera more often. The image quality is superb, the lens is fast and you get a decent number of images per roll (16).

Contax 645 + Kodak Portra 800

Gorgeous image. I was tempted by a contact then the price scared me off!!

I really want to start home developing again - the new house has scope for a “photography area” for me which will hopefully incorporate a studio and space to develop film!

Sadly though, moving and working extra in order to move have left me little time to shoot.

I hadn't heard about this, are CFL in trouble?

No, not at all. They made an announcement on their site and social media. It's due to illness and with them being such a small team (just the two of them), I guess it hits them hard when something happens like this. They will be back. :)

Gorgeous image. I was tempted by a contact then the price scared me off!!

I really want to start home developing again - the new house has scope for a “photography area” for me which will hopefully incorporate a studio and space to develop film!

Sadly though, moving and working extra in order to move have left me little time to shoot.

Thank you Shaheed. :)

Coal Mine especially has a Magenta colour cast .

Coal Mine especially has a Magenta colour cast .

Ah, the strange belief by some people that 'magenta' is an actual thing.
Those of us with correct vision, or as you ordinary folk call it, red/green colour blindness, know that 'magenta' is a myth perpetrated to keep us under the yoke of dictatorship.
Free yourselves from this yoke, rise up and dispel so-called 'magenta'. :D (it's just a funny shade of blue really);)

Until CFL are going again, I've been using Carmencita as well. I prefer CFL overall, but Carmencita have a few advantages (e.g., option of Noritsu, larger scan sizes, will arrange pick up of films and provide postage labels if you're shipping from Spain).

Roll 752 (8 of 10) copy.jpg

Back