Show us yer film shots then!

Blimey Nige you need to go LF if ya gunna shoot stuff like that ….Them verticals…...they give me, well Vertigo :D

I don’t mind the converging verticals in a shot like this as I think they add scale and perspective and it would look unnatural if the weren’t there. I do straighten them sometimes in more straight-on photos though.

Also, wandering around town with a Yashica Mat and a Zeiss folder is a lot less hassle than a tripod and accordion. :D

(Posted elsewhere)

This was supposed to be my Natural Light Portrait entry for this months FPOTY but I didn't think I was going to finish the film in time:

Charlie 2 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Rolleiflex 6003, Planar 80mm f2.8, Softar filter, Kodak Portra 160.

And managed to finish the film today, exactly the same as above (minus Softar filter) but using a Metz 32 CT3 as fill flash:

Charlie 4 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Was it a Sunday? I've seen outdoor sermons at that spot in Cromarty before.

I went for a day in to the Peak District the other week with my DSLR. But you still have to take at least one film camera with you, don't you? :)

Yashica Mat 124 G
Kodak Tri-X

FILM - Not far from Hathersage
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - At the rear of Mam Tor

FILM - A rock on Curbar Edge

Nige you post very good shots here (and so do others), are your digi shots just as good? Have just read some interesting facts about the human eye and have no idea how it relates to B\W photography:-
The human eye also has a lot more pixels than your camera, about 130 million pixels (you 24-megapixel camera owners feeling humble now?). However, only about 6 million of the eye’s pixels are cones (which see color), the remaining 124 million just see black and white....h'mm

Welcome to where I live: Sospel, France.

The village population is approx 4000 hence the urban sprawl coming out to the bottom rhs of the frame.

I presently live on the outskirts in the far distance, a good 2.5km ( 1.5 miles) walk from the village center( which is located just "above" the triangular shaped green space surrounded by trees in the center of this photo;)

At 350m ( 1150 ft) altitude, the village is not so high but due to being surrounded completely by mountains it get's darned cold in winter as it effectively sat in a bowl.

It is impossible to exit the village without a climb either by vehicle or on foot.

This shot was taken from an altitude of about 800m ( 2700ft ish) with the Tachihara and 75mm lens onto OOD Fomapan souped in HC110. Epson low res scan

There was a lot of haze to deal with ( Ironically following storms yesterday afternoon, today has been as clear as glass with some clouds in the sky and ideal for landscape photography!) but after luggng kit up there, I was determined to have a play with it and return home with at least one frame
The yellow filter I used has helped in reducing that haze thus showing the distant hills better than what I saw them with the naked eye!

Sans titre-1.jpg

Welcome to where I live: Sospel, France.

The village population is approx 4000 hence the urban sprawl coming out to the bottom rhs of the frame.

I presently live on the outskirts in the far distance, a good 2.5km ( 1.5 miles) walk from the village center( which is located just "above" the triangular shaped green space surrounded by trees in the center of this photo;)

At 350m ( 1150 ft) altitude, the village is not so high but due to being surrounded completely by mountains it get's darned cold in winter as it effectively sat in a bowl.

It is impossible to exit the village without a climb either by vehicle or on foot.

This shot was taken from an altitude of about 800m ( 2700ft ish) with the Tachihara and 75mm lens onto OOD Fomapan souped in HC110. Epson low res scan

There was a lot of haze to deal with ( Ironically following storms yesterday afternoon, today has been as clear as glass with some clouds in the sky and ideal for landscape photography!) but after luggng kit up there, I was determined to have a play with it and return home with at least one frame
The yellow filter I used has helped in reducing that haze thus showing the distant hills better than what I saw them with the naked eye!

View attachment 135750

We got a new meet next year, all to lovely France and free lodgings at Asha's house o_O;)

We got a new meet next year, all to lovely France and free lodgings at Asha's house!;)

In actual fact Bri, I've already considered putting the idea forward but thought I would wait until after the guys return from Scotland.

My landlady owns the campsite and restaurant next door to where i live. There are pitches, mobile homes and bungalows. In addition there is a "Gite" directly above me on the first floor which houses about a dozen beds There are no ther facilities in there but everything is to hand on the site.
It may be possible that I could obtain a slightly reduced tarif for a group.so who knows,.....If there's enough interest it may come off

In actual fact Bri, I've already considered putting the idea forward but thought I would wait until after the guys return from Scotland.

My landlady owns the campsite and restaurant next door to where i live. There are pitches, mobile homes and bungalows. In addition there is a "Gite" directly above me on the first floor which houses about a dozen beds There are no ther facilities in there but everything is to hand on the site.
It may be possible that I could obtain a slightly reduced tarif for a group.so who knows,.....If there's enough interest it may come off

My first thought would be to share a car and drive to Sospel...some lovely scenery on route...on the map you are on the border with Italy. Anyway it's off topic so maybe we will all talk about it later on in another thread.

Back