Show us yer film shots then!

12x16 wet print of a windmill somewhere in Sussex.

@StephenM will know where exactly as he was my much needed assistant as light rain was in the air before we even got out of the car.

Stone Cross windmill, 13 of September 2019, 18:45 (approx).

Taking advantage of the long dark evenings and of course being confined by larking again in the darkroom.

I used an scanned example of this scene in one of my entries of the FPOTY this year.

I had planned on making an A3 inkjet print but the amount of dust spotting involved has seen the file stored on the computer for months with no further progress.
So I decided this evening to revisit the neg and with a 5 high contrast filter got this result .
Photographed on my ´squeegee board’ ( the bathroom tiles!)

No dust spitting required!

Like film & digi, scans and traditional enlarging to obtain prints both have a place., each offering advantages and disadvantages.
In this case the latter wins over ;)

3084EF45-803A-4728-A788-1AC5AC6CAF9F.jpeg

Taken while Nikki was out paddle boarding at the Witterings on the 645, and some time ago now as well.

Shadows by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr
Fabulous place, I love the Witterings, probably a destination best enjoyed off season.

Taking advantage of the long dark evenings and of course being confined by larking again in the darkroom.

I used an scanned example of this scene in one of my entries of the FPOTY this year.

I had planned on making an A3 inkjet print but the amount of dust spotting involved has seen the file stored on the computer for months with no further progress.
So I decided this evening to revisit the neg and with a 5 high contrast filter got this result .
Photographed on my ´squeegee board’ ( the bathroom tiles!)

No dust spitting required!

Like film & digi, scans and traditional enlarging to obtain prints both have a place., each offering advantages and disadvantages.
In this case the latter wins over ;)

View attachment 298598
I looked at that and though "there's loads of dust on that print' it was at that moment I realised that my monitor was filthy!

Rollei 35B
Expired Kodak Portra 400NC

First exposure taken in 2017, Beach, Llandudno
Second exposure taken 2020, Sandfields Estate, Port Talbot

Accidental double exposure (must have partially re-wound the film at some stage?)

Managed to double expose a photo of two pebble-dashed houses in South Wales with a photo of a pebbled beach in North Wales, three years apart!
50597115353_5646c763a5_o.jpg

Rollei 35B
Expired Kodak Portra 400NC

First exposure taken in 2017, Beach, Llandudno
Second exposure taken 2020, Sandfields Estate, Port Talbot

Accidental double exposure (must have partially re-wound the film at some stage?)

Managed to double expose a photo of two pebble-dashed houses in South Wales with a photo of a pebbled beach in North Wales, three years apart!
50597115353_5646c763a5_o.jpg
I can manage that after 3 minutes, let alone after 3 years! :facepalm:

Sothus morning I’ve made a return to the computer and inkjet printing.
This image was captured back in April/ May last year whilst in the UK.
Just shows how long it can take me to work through negatice processing !!

A very windy day ( look at the flags!), saw me tucked up at the side of a breakwater wall for shelter whilst attempting to avoid the spray from the very agitated sea.

Anyway, although there are people in the shot which I typically avoid, I actually quite like the result.
It’s a nice souvenir of time away in good company;)

Édit: Camera used was iirc, a Walker Titan SF45 ( borrowed)

AF8A19D3-33EF-4A37-B163-17BCC302BEF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Expired Portra 400NC
Rollei 35B
Port Talbot, South Wales
50603824513_4f6d1fe904_o.jpg

i like that!
It has potential.

Remove the slipway and accompagning white building from the rhs along with about 50% of the sky and the image becomes stronger imo.

Shame the guy is looking directly at the camera but we can’t have everything! Lol

Sothus morning I’ve made a return to the computer and inkjet printing.
This image was captured back in April/ May last year whilst in the UK.
Just shows how long it can take me to work through negatice processing !!

A very windy day ( look at the flags!), saw me tucked up at the side of a breakwater wall for shelter whilst attempting to avoid the spray from the very agitated sea.

Anyway, although there are people in the shot which I typically avoid, I actually quite like the result.
It’s a nice souvenir of time away in good company;)

Édit: Camera used was iirc, a Walker Titan SF45 ( borrowed)

View attachment 298848
Just noticed that the photograph shows actual waves... no sickly, misty sludge, how refreshing.

Just noticed that the photograph shows actual waves... no sickly, misty sludge, how refreshing.

Glad you like:)
I can’t recall exactly and I don’t keep notes but I would suspect it will have been shot at F/22 with an orange filter, so probably 1/8 second shutter speed.

Yashica Mat 124G
Lomography Color Negative 100
Grain2Pixel conversion

On an autumn street by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
Nigel, you certainly have some lovely colours on these Lomo Colour Negative 100 images. So I went to check the price and found that, on Amazon at least, I can get 5 rolls of Ektar at a cheaper price per roll than 3 rolls of the Lomo film. I might be completely illogical, but something in my brain objects to paying more for Lomo film than for Kodak film. Am I alone in this ?:oops: :$

Nigel, you certainly have some lovely colours on these Lomo Colour Negative 100 images. So I went to check the price and found that, on Amazon at least, I can get 5 rolls of Ektar at a cheaper price per roll than 3 rolls of the Lomo film. I might be completely illogical, but something in my brain objects to paying more for Lomo film than for Kodak film. Am I alone in this ?:oops: :$

I'd definitely go for the Ektar. :)

I think Lomo Color Negative 100 is rebranded Kodak Gold 100 (or so I've read, at least). When I bought mine it cost me £18 for a 3-roll pack, which was a much better deal. I bought it from Wex, but it's £24 for 3 rolls now.

i like that!
It has potential.

Remove the slipway and accompagning white building from the rhs along with about 50% of the sky and the image becomes stronger imo.

Shame the guy is looking directly at the camera but we can’t have everything! Lol

Thanks for your thoughts!

I might have a play around when I get the negs back and do a high res scan.

Getting back into the rhythm of things, slowly.

He glanced over as I pressed the shutter, and then came over for a chat, he was interested in photography.

Here are a couple taken for last month's ascending/descending FPOTY. (I know there's a "didn't make the cut" thread, but I didn't think it was worth resurrecting it from the depths :oops: :$)

#1 an alternative version of my entry. Rolleicord, HP5+. orange filter and HC-110 Dil B

img399-copy-tp.jpg

#2 descending the Muirtown Locks on the Caledonian Canal. Rolleicord, HP5+. no filter and HC-110 Dil B

img397-copy-tp.jpg

#3 same details as #2 A poor substitute for Neptune's Staircase, but I never made it to Fort William to get the shot. :(

img398-copy-tp.jpg

Back