Show us yer film shots then!

I'm really liking these ICM/redscale shots Chris. The last one is particularly effective, a real feeling of impending Ragnarok.
these fine Icm redscale images remind me of the work of http://andrewsgray.photography who has a gallery in Alnmouth. He does digital ICM so not redscaled film but many of his images have a red to yellow palette.

Very inspiring work., Chris.
These a beautiful Chris, you really seem to have nailed the ICM approach, would love to see them printed and shown in an exhibition space or in a book.
Thank you all very much.

Kevin, I've followed Andy Gray for some time. I think it was a temporary exhibition in Alnmouth; he did some Youtube videos about it. What really annoys me is that I was in Edinburgh that week, had a free day and didn't go to see it. I've had a couple of chats with him over twitter; his work is much more sophisticated, blending multiple ICM exposures in various apps, but they do mostly seem to make their way into the same sort of red space that these redscale ones have.

An exhibition would be too much to ask, I think, but maybe a zine might be a possibility (that's printing small of course). However, there doesn't seem to be any redscale film around to buy at the moment, and I know from the past that these woodland ICMs get much harder once the leaves come in.

But, thank you again.

However, there doesn't seem to be any redscale film around to buy at the moment,

it’s simple to load your own redscale by taping a new film to the remainder of a used film. Tape them so that the emulsion side of the unused film is on the opposite side to the emulsion side of the used film. Then put it into a changing bag and wind the film into the old canister.
I would do more redscale if we still had Poundland film!

Given another Pentax ME Super Body with various lenses by a Lady whose Dad died included a SIGMA Super - Wide 21-35mm f3.5-4.2 so I have given it another outing . FILM was 1998 dated KB200 processed in Home-Made ID11 formula 1+1 . I scanned with PLUSTEK OPTIKFILM 7200 + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer
ME Super Sigma KB200 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ME Super Sigma KB200 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ME Super Sigma KB200 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ME Super Sigma KB200 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
The one of the POSTS is where a Medieval Building was discovered in Brentwood

Last edited:
Those really appeal to me, Paul. I'm guessing from the subject matter that you're not currently living in Kiwi-land...

Those really appeal to me, Paul. I'm guessing from the subject matter that you're not currently living in Kiwi-land...
Oh I dunno , isn’t that one of them koala type creatures hidden in them trees :p

Don’t tell me they don’t live in kiwi land:oops: :$...... perhaps they travel a bit , you know, like taking a break somewhere different for a change of scene:exit::ROFLMAO:

Showing signs of an intermittent light-leak that I need to investigate when I've finished the roll of film currently in the camera. It only appears on certain frames on this roll, and on some rolls not at all.

Olympus OM-2N
Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f/1.8
Ilford HP5+ (@800asa)
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 10mins @ 20

Climbing at Bolehills
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
The moment of clarity ( o_O!) is detailed on another thread, suffice it to say I had a pinhole shutter on an MPP 4x5 with a 6x9 back, that said the first was with a proper lens, sorry they are a bit similar subject wise but these were the best. For the first time I got 8 frames from 8 with the cumbersome MPP 6x9 back. Ilford Delta 100 pushed one stop.

HodgeClose5 by Chris H, on Flickr

HodgeClose by Chris H, on Flickr

HodgeClose8 by Chris H, on Flickr

The moment of clarity ( o_O!) is detailed on another thread, suffice it to say I had a pinhole shutter on an MPP 4x5 with a 6x9 back, that said the first was with a proper lens, sorry they are a bit similar subject wise but these were the best. For the first time I got 8 frames from 8 with the cumbersome MPP 6x9 back. Ilford Delta 100 pushed one stop.
Great results - well worth the effort.

Took a little walk yesterday with a Horizon 202 and an Olympus 35RC and finshed the rolls in each camera. The FP4 in the Horizon isn't developed yet but here's one taken on Adox HR-50 film with a yellow filter in the 35RC, and developed in Adox HR-DEV developer.

Cairn and ruined farmhouse at Blawearie, Norhumberland
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Took a little walk yesterday with a Horizon 202 and an Olympus 35RC and finshed the rolls in each camera. The FP4 in the Horizon isn't developed yet but here's one taken on Adox HR-50 film with a yellow filter in the 35RC, and developed in Adox HR-DEV developer.

Cairn and ruined farmhouse at Blawearie, Norhumberland
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Really like this. It's the sort of scene you can look at for ages as it feels really calming. Nice work controlling the highlights in what looks like quite challenging light - the end result is not at all jarring.

I posted a very similar shot to this a few days ago. That one was taken using my OM-2n, this onne with the GW690.

Fujica GW690
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

6x9 climbing
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Really liking the tones in this one. The separation is right on the money for me. The top most climbers are of course obvious, but then you start to notice the others which really adds to it.

My addition for the day :) One I took years ago at Petworth Park, and like most of my stuff, I could never get the processing right and hence it set in the library, almost completely overlocked. Quite happy with the most recent attempt at it though.

Going it alone
by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

Ebony SV45TE
Probably a 120mm lens
Adox CHS25
Yellow filter.
Likely stand dev'd in Rodinal 1:100, at a guess - it was a long time ago! (I should probably keep better notes...)

Finishing off my roll of Tri-X this morning after doing "accurate" at the weekend.

Canon EOS-30 w/40mm f/2.8 at 1600 in DD-X for 14min. This'll go on the wall.

2020-04-14-trix1600-eos30-05.jpg

Back