Show us yer film shots then!

A few recent and old...I have not been out much lately.
I don't know about you guys but the weather in Belfast has been depressing, to say the least!
Have to figure out a way to take pictures even in bad light (overcast grey overall)
Untitled-(10r1) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled-(89)2 by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled-(95) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled-(104) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled-(80) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled (110) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr
Untitled-(40) by Marino Kampisioulis, on Flickr

The silhouetted group shop is outstanding and the pylon. You should perhaps do some spotting, though, particularly in the dark areas.

two on outdated Fuji Provia 100 35mm E6 home-processed in BELLINI kit -- I had some 'Strange Blue Spots' on many and some other marks which I tried to get out - no idea from where they came -- Camera was a Yashica FR-1 'Saved-From'The-Dump' some years ago as I got there after tip off that a young Bloke was going to Dump his Deceased Dad's gear -- I also go my CONTAX RT II Quartz at same time.
2024-04-09-0004.jpg2024-04-09-0005.jpg

And that’s where I fail with B&W sometimes. I look through the viewfinder forgetting I’m taking pictures in b&w
Rookie mistake :banana:
There was a bit of a thing in the 1960s for people putting a piece of blue filter over the screen to "make the finder image mono".

I once tried it with the cellophane wrapper from a sweet but it didn't work out for me. Even led to some sticky situations... :coat:

The silhouetted group shop is outstanding and the pylon. You should perhaps do some spotting, though, particularly in the dark areas.
Thx Peter! When you say "spotting"?Is that painting the white or black spots on a print (or digitally)?
There was a bit of a thing in the 1960s for people putting a piece of blue filter over the screen to "make the finder image mono".

I once tried it with the cellophane wrapper from a sweet but it didn't work out for me. Even led to some sticky situations... :coat:
well it looks like there is such a thing called "B&W viewing filter"
filter1.jpg
Interesting..

Usually dark brown; mentioned by Ansel Adams; the problem being that the eye adapts and the colour comes through after a short time.

Only approximate anyway - the spectral sensitivity of films varies from film to film and isn't quite the same as the human eye.

You're still somewhat on your own when estimating the effect of coloured filters.

Thx Peter! When you say "spotting"?Is that painting the white or black spots on a print (or digitally)?

well it looks like there is such a thing called "B&W viewing filter"
View attachment 419724
Interesting..
Yes, the way I work is to scan the negatives, spot them digitally then print digitally. Spotting negatives as I understand it requires a lot of skill but spotting wet room prints isn't too bad. I've done it in the days when I had access to a darkroom. I had some special inks. Also negative spotting is really only feasible with large format negatives.

First shots with a newly acquired Mamiya RZ67, a hefty beast to say the least.

Taken with the above using a Mamiya SEKOR 110mm f2.8, Kodak Tx400, developed using BelliniFoto EURO HC.

The first two on AE, the second two on manual. Tx on a sunny day is not an ideal combination

AE 01.jpg

AE 02.jpg

Manual 01.jpg

Manual 02.jpg

Last edited:
Back