Show us yer film shots then!

scenic Cornwall

2ebe23r.jpg

tinypic didn't like it...:crying:

Linky - NSFW

Haven't really shot anything worthwhile on film recently. I did get some test shots back from my first rolls of slide (Velvia 50). Real pain to scan or maybe my exposures are off (don't have a lightbox to judge, a lot of them seem dark, if I hold them real close to a desklamp I can see a lot of shadow detail that the scanner is missing).

2343488091_f67dddf7d9_o.jpg

Olympus OM-1.

2342123660_4cf33ab019_o.jpg

Rolleicord Vb

Can only seem to bracket in full stops with the above cameras rather than the preferred 1/2 or 1/3 stops.

Here's one from 20 odd years ago of my nearest and dearest taken with (whispers) a Nikon FE and a nikon 85mm f2 lens

lesley.jpg

Theyre all crackin shots! Just found my dads 35mm canon slr....might 'borrow' it!

A couple that I have posted before, but I have only scanned a few so far..
They are all uprated, and my second one was shot on what was known as recording film - used by police for surveillance, and rated at something like 6400..

IMG032_edit_resized.jpg

IMG077recordingedit.jpg

IMG136edit_resized_.jpg

Sorry for the dust marks on the last..

sorry to say this steve but those dust marks ,,,,they aint as good as the dust marks on the ones i scan . nice pictures , and that man on the last one does not look a happy bunny ( who said no **** sherlock ? )

Thanks Hoodi !
I am struggling with it all - in part as I need to raise some money, so will need to seel one of the MF cameras - either the Mamiya RZ67 or the Mamiya 6..
Thanks to some advice from another TP member, the 6 might be staying as the 6 suits my photography more.
Anyone need a well used RZ67, complete with 3 lenses, 3 backs and a motorwind ?
I also need a darkroom, rather than waiting till back in the UK to get stuff processed, but in time.....

Thanks Hoodi !
I am struggling with it all - in part as I need to raise some money, so will need to seel one of the MF cameras - either the Mamiya RZ67 or the Mamiya 6..
Thanks to some advice from another TP member, the 6 might be staying as the 6 suits my photography more.
Anyone need a well used RZ67, complete with 3 lenses, 3 backs and a motorwind ?
I also need a darkroom, rather than waiting till back in the UK to get stuff processed, but in time.....

If it's free or extremely cheap I'll have it! ;-)

I shudder to think how long ago this was taken - probably with a Mamiya C220, but I'm pretty sure it was Ilford Pan F which I couldn't get enough of at the time.

I seem to remember we were just going out somewhere - hence the "Do you have to get that thing out now" look.

2388890249_f5fc152496_o.jpg

now thats a relly nice picture ct . like that alot .

I frequently shoot Delta 3200 @ 6400. I soup in boring middle of the road D-76 but I like the results.
These are awful scans, recompressed a few times - but they're all I have to hand & I can't be bothered to scan anything for you :D

Medium Format, so inherently less grainy, and fairly big 6*7 MF at that :

n788185610_2455401_3050.jpg

But D3200 @ 6400 is quite tasty on 35mm, too :

n788185610_2501323_5763.jpg

E : I actually meant to put this in the film dev thread.

These are two old 5x4 neg scans from Uni. They are based on a concept of portraying nationality stereotypes. These two are English and Scottish. I'll let you work out why!!! Prize to the first person to guess correctly.*

England.jpg

Scotland.jpg

*I'm lying, there is no prize (well self admiration if that counts).

I think it's sort of implying the English are reserved and the Scots are inclined to be a bit careful! :LOL:

I think it's sort of implying the English are reserved and the Scots are inclined to be a bit careful! :LOL:

Spot on! Feel free to revel in your self admiration!

1939139254_7d5a88f554_o.jpg

Taken with my trusty old friend, the canon 3000n
:)
ps: my scanner is just about as much use as a chocolate tea pot, so excuse the poor scan!
lol

60 mile round trip to a muddy field, in the pitch black freezing cold, with only 3 frames to shoot.
1# shutter cable broke and exposed the night @ 1/500th:LOL:
2# tripod sunk in the mud @ 2 mins:LOL:
3# held the tripod & shutter button steady for 6 mins:LOL:
I just laugh in the face of adversity:puke:

2s00q5w.jpg

You, Joxby, are a total fool.
The results make it all worthwhile, as I sit in the comfort of the evenings sun-rays, in my shorts, slightly pink and slightly worse for wear, wondering if I should go and put on a T-Shirt..
Lovely picture, and well worth the suffering, in my opinion...

well Ilford 3200 is quite gritty processed normally, and neopan 1600 can be made grittier.
I half think steves is, I dunno, iso 400, but push processed

Here's a few of mine from today taken whilst getting drenched on the hills around Ladybower. At one point the mist was so bad we had about 10m visibilty :eek:

anyway, here they are:

bikers.jpg

fishermen.jpg

tree-and-sheep.jpg

I'm not sure with the next one whether I prefer the uncropped or cropped version, opinions?

misty-trees.jpg

misty-trees-square.jpg

This kind of weather makes me glad my 1n is at least partly weather sealed, shame the 3 isn't aswell :razz: hopefully no damage done

Any chance of some details on this one Steve? Ie what film, camera and developing etc? Im still toying with the idea of playing with film, and this is the type of look im after with the nice grain etc. :)

OK, the film was HP5, the camera was an Olympus OM2, I have no idea about developing etc, but it may have been whatever the standard Ilford developer was way back then - Ilfobrom or something ?. I expect the film was uprated a bit, as I too like grain, so maybe 800 or 1200asa (or ISO as we now call it)

There has been a lot of talk about Medium Format recently, but for grain, 35mm would seem a good way to go, and they are all so cheap now - especially if you can get a camera that will take the same lenses as your digital body..

This is such a really nice photo! Which there was a place like this near me?! :(

Its errm, Eggborough powerstation, there are 3 all in a row 5 miles apart, the other 2 are Ferrybridge and Drax.
Forget the weatherman, if these 3 are steaming, its gonna rain..

Whats the details on that PapaLaz ?
Is it colour reversal, cool pic whatever..

Back