Show us yer film shots then!

Spain on a cooler evening.

Nikon F100,28-80mm,Reala 100 Asa.

Mart, that is a very good film shot,Portra at it's best and if you could just take the portrait(figure) out of the background it would in my humble opinion be 1000 time better. It would be really a brilliant study of life underground. FIRST CLASS WORK.

I hate it when a great shot is posted directly after my pathetic try.;)

Last edited:
Thanks Richard,
I didn't notice the bloke in the background, Oops!
It must be the shift manager telling me to clear off and stop messing with his coal production figures....

Thanks Richard,
I didn't notice the bloke in the background, Oops!
It must be the shift manager telling me to clear off and stop messing with his coal production figures....

I did not notice any bloke in the background,all I meant was the subject with the lamp in isolation to the BG would in my humble opinion be just fantastic.(y)

Last edited:
Naturally imperfect
14403638876_20cfe90d3f_c.jpg

Bronica Envy. Olympus XA2 50p camera. FirstCall 400S film. Abused in a film changing bag for a few weeks after failing to spool. Developed in R09.

Flickr Link

Last edited:
Last weekend I tried some colour film for the first time in my 1950s Voigtlander Bessa I 6*9 folder. I had used B&W film in this camera but the last roll had serious light leaks and I wasn't sure whether the camera, or poor loading of the developing tank was to blame. As a test I decided to take the opportunity to see how the camera coped with colour and loaded a 2006-expired roll of Fuji Sensia 100 (which I rated at ISO64) and fired off a roll in some gardens, which was then home developed in the Digibase C41 kit. I'm glad to say that there were no light leaks and the colour seemed good to me:

Testing colour film on a 60-year older folder
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

If you want to see what a 42-mexapixel image produced by a camera about 60 years old looks like then you can download the full size version from flickr.

I have an article about the camera here: http://kevinthephotographer.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/equipment-voigtlander-bessa-1-1950s/

Last edited:
Thats fantastic Kev, I have an Ensign 420 which is also 6x9 and needs a roll of colour putting through it. Looks like thats my job for the weekend.

Text outside of a Cambridge pub.

14432988014_cccc90e832_c.jpg

Bronica SQ-A
Zenzanon PS 150mm f/4
Foma Fomapan Creative 200 film
Developed in R09

Flickr Link

I really like this shot the title to me say's "If you think I am going in there think again" Great composition with the subject balancing the wall sign and the friends(maybe) pushing there way in is just great. Love it and well done.

Last edited:
One of the few shots from 14 rolls of 120 that came out ok, a little disappointing but I was trying lots of different filters and techniques so not surprising.

The Falls of Darroch at Killin, Fuji GW690 and Fuji Velvia 100 slide film. I think this still needs a little work but I quite like the feeling of being in a narrow, dark gorge.

Falls-of-Darroch
by Andysnap on Talk Photography

Cheers

Andy

And one from the Mamiya C330f. My friends cat Buttons or evil, scratching devil as I like to call him. Bit of a guess at the shutter speed on this one as I didn't have a light meter. On Portra 400 and converted to mono.

Buttons-small
by Andysnap on Talk Photography

Hi Andy,

Your first shot is a really good composition but was asking for a B&W conversion to bring out more of the details surrounding the river. I've just done a quick edit using Snapseed on my iPhone with the small version of your image. I'll remove this if you'd rather your shot wasn't edited.

View attachment 14041

Cheers
Steve

Its fine Steve and I have already done a mono version but I feel it needs a little more work before posting. I think I need to re-scan because (as with your edit) the blacks are blocked out a bit and there is more detail to be had from the neg. I like what you've done though.

Andy

I agree about the blacks lacking detail but with a low contrast conversion I think it could work quite well. As above, I think the composition is really strong and the tree across the top of the frame gives a target to aim for when following the line of the river. Looking forward to seeing what edit you come up with :0)

Cheers
Steve

From my first film through the Zero 2000 pinhole (6x6 on 120), using Fomapan 100. This is the only one on the roll which has some tones in it, the remainder are a mix of over-exposures, double exposures and emptiness based on not getting the hang of the wiiide field of view. Looks like Fomapan doesn't go too well with bright sunlight for long exposures, either that or the reciprocity table I'm using is carp, although it was ok for this subdued-light shot.

Anyway, better luck next time I'm sure and maybe a roll of Acros will help things along.

7 minute exposure; dev'd in Fomadon LQN 1+14 for 10 mins

Reaching Up_36-12
by djguru32, on Flickr

A couple from me recent West Yorkshire Odyssey

Taken with my Nikon F4s and the famous 'dropped and survived' Nikkor 24-120, Agfa Vista 200, Asda Dev and Scan

Yorkshire Sculpture Park
14306488262_bf0a16990f_c.jpg

Wet Wakefield, such stylish street furniture!
14121705089_c75f2da6fc_z.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my fist ever photos from MF :)

wanted them fast so got them developed and scanned at Snappys....and I wasn't sure if camera is all ok - but it is :)

View attachment 14111
this is a accidental double exposure :) seems like I forgot to roll to another frame ;)
looks like a window refelction while it is a garage door with graffiti on it
View attachment 14112
me ;)
View attachment 14113 View attachment 14114 View attachment 14115

now need to work on my scanning sklils and try to get more ' natural ' natural colours - ideally what RJ gets ;)

Last edited:
Here are my fist ever photos from MF :)

wanted them fast so got them developed and scanned at Snappys....and I wasn't sure if camera is all ok - but it is :)

View attachment 14111
this is a accidental double exposure :) seems like I forgot to roll to another frame ;)
looks like a window refelction while it is a garage door with graffiti on it
View attachment 14112
me ;)
View attachment 14113 View attachment 14114 View attachment 14115

now need to work on my scanning sklils and try to get more ' natural ' natural colours - ideally what RJ gets ;)

Good set Lukas. Colours look pretty good to me, which film ?

In addition to the medium format shots I've put in the From Film forum, some 35mm shots. F601, 24mm Nikon lens, Poundland film.

I think the cheapness of AGFA Vista means I take more throw-away shots, which is the opposite of what I want to do. I may as well be spray-and-praying with a digikal. There's definitely a lot more consideration when I take medium format shots.

The biggest thing I took from these snaps is "I wish I had a lens that wide on my SQ-A".

35mm015-Edit-Edit.jpg by Arfonfab, on Flickr

35mm020.jpg by Arfonfab, on Flickr

35mm007.jpg by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Here's a shot from my SQ-A, too.

Beacons Reservoir, Brecon Beacons by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Back