Show us yer film shots then!

LOL, out of them all I prefer 2, 4 and 5

There again, I'm still not sure if I like any of em :D:D

Is it the lighting or the composition that appeals to the two you like?
I like the composition of the third one over the others yes.... and I like the first one because it's the sort of shot I'd take, and I like the DoF, and the dark and light of it...

Cardiff - ME Super, Rollei, Rodinal again

Capitol Centre, Cardiff by Arfonfab, on Flickr

Arcade, Cardiff by Arfonfab, on Flickr

St David's Arcade, Cardiff by Arfonfab, on Flickr
Which Rollei film Keith ...RPX ??

This is a prime example of differing emulsions offering a completly different " finish" in high contrast scenes and personally prefer these smoother, less gritty results to what the Pan film gave me ......Like them all, particularly first and last (y)

I don't know London very well (I'm a country boy in Somerset) but I would think there are literally hundreds of places that will dev B&W film. Where abouts in London are you?

Which Rollei film Keith ...RPX ??

This is a prime example of differing emulsions offering a completly different " finish" in high contrast scenes and personally prefer these smoother, less gritty results to what the Pan film gave me ......Like them all, particularly first and last (y)

Cheers, Asha! It's Rollei Retro 400s, aka "the cheap B&W film" :D

Cheers, Asha! It's Rollei Retro 400s, aka "the cheap B&W film" :D

Cheap it is but I like it.

You've got results out of the S like I get from the RPX ( I've shot both prefer the latter tbh) ....for 400 speed films, they're pretty smooth imo

Hi. Anyone know a place where I can develope some back and white film in london?
Are you looking for somewhere with facilities you can use to develop yourself or somewhere that will process for you?

Process it for me and provide digital copy as well as a simple 5x7 print
Drop in services in London are likely to be pretty pricey such as Bayeaux http://www.bayeux.co.uk

Have a look here at the Film and Conventional resources page.

The likes of Boots, Snappy Snaps will still do traditional b&w but are likely to send the films to a central lab for processing.

You'll get the best deal sending to one of the mail order companies, lot's of those in the resource 'sticky' as well.

Drop in services in London are likely to be pretty pricey such as Bayeaux http://www.bayeux.co.uk

Have a look here at the Film and Conventional resources page.

The likes of Boots, Snappy Snaps will still do traditional b&w but are likely to send the films to a central lab for processing.

You'll get the best deal sending to one of the mail order companies, lot's of those in the resource 'sticky' as well.
I will try boots. :)

I will try boots. :)
Make sure they realise it's traditional b&w, some may not know and stick the film in the bag with all the normal C41 stuff.

16232565943_38fd416374_z.jpg

16852494745_c3a8db2d9b_z.jpg

Light leak testing an old folder. Agfa Isolette I / Foma Fomapan Creative 200 / 1:1 ID11 9 minutes. V500 scanned film.

CNV00001_zpsq34p3wrg.jpg
[/URL][/IMGM] My first shot from a recently bought Leica 111g This was a film Fuji 200 colour neg just to test the lens, 50mm 3.5 elmar and the camera speeds. processed and Cd at Asda this shot was taken at f3.5. I am very pleased.

Last edited:
CNV00001_zpsq34p3wrg.jpg
[/URL][/IMGM] My first shot from a recently bought Leica 111g This was a film Fuji 200 colour neg just to test the lens, 50mm 3.5 elmar and the camera speeds. processed and Cd at Asda this shot was taken at f3.5. I am very pleased.

I like this.

Being from the US I am not familiar with the canals very much. I understand people live on these boats year round. Or is that true at all? It would be quite an interesting life.

Ron-M
It's true all the boats you see are permanent dwellings. The big one has been there 20 years to my knowledge and is static.
You also see 4 barges or "narrow boats" usually 60ft in length and now used for leisure but traditionally used to ferry goods, either with a diesel engine or horse drawn. The path you see to the left was originally for the horses.

Last edited:
Being from the US I am not familiar with the canals very much. I understand people live on these boats year round. Or is that true at all? It would be quite an interesting life.

I read somewhere that when the railways first started in the US the canal owners were up in arms against them, new fangled inventions that would ruin their trade. Not sure where the canals were, but there is one just west of Washington DC (west of Georgetown?), IIRC? Wikipedia tells me the Erie canal was 363 miles long, far longer than any single canal in the UK I'm sure.

I read somewhere that when the railways first started in the US the canal owners were up in arms against them, new fangled inventions that would ruin their trade. Not sure where the canals were, but there is one just west of Washington DC (west of Georgetown?), IIRC? Wikipedia tells me the Erie canal was 363 miles long, far longer than any single canal in the UK I'm sure.

I have been across the Erie canal several times but what I saw of it, it now just looks like a stream. What I saw was not maintained like your canals. Kind of sad to see history just fade away.

Edit;
Now that I think about it I may be thinking about another canal altogether.

Last edited:
Very nice, Ron. I think that last one just couldn't be Europe!

Back