Show us yer film shots then!

Cheers Keith.

Not my usual type of shooting, but I'm happy with them.

37 'keepers' in the full set out of the 56 shots I took.

I'll be posting shots taken with the 35mm Summarit-M, once I get them back.

Ta,
Shane :)

What do you think about those Andy ?

Well, I really like flowers........

The Mamiya is stunning and all the lenses I have (55/80/135/180mm) are brilliant, the 80 is as sharp as anything I've used except for the Fuji GW690. Bit heavy but not ridiculous and lots of add-ons for it as well. Basically top notch.

Andy

The photos you donk....lol

Can't always tell what's going on with scanned film cos you don't know what jiggery pokery peeps have employed during processing, its just....they seem a bit flat, not up to your usual standard, joking aside you have gone and set a bonza standard in previous flora photos.
I'm not gonna critique them cos its a just for fun thread...:)

The photos you donk....lol

Can't always tell what's going on with scanned film cos you don't know what jiggery pokery peeps have employed during processing, its just....they seem a bit flat, not up to your usual standard, joking aside you have gone and set a bonza standard in previous flora photos.
I'm not gonna critique them cos its a just for fun thread...:)

You're not wrong John, I'm not happy with them, although flickr seems to have made them a lot worse and my scanning is pants as well. I think the main problem is I shot them in a different room and the light is not really up to it. Back to the dining room from now on. (y)

the light is not really up to it........

bang on, it looks like they were poorly lit, like you have given em a lift in PS but in doing that its nuked the background and made the white ones look a bit cut/paste, the black ones just a bit flat.
half the battle is recognizing what, when and why....:D

17112660526_31aaaa9307_c.jpg

One from the new (to me) Mamiya 645 :)

Few more in my other thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/first-mamiya-645-shots-portra-400-and-ilford-fp4.585509/

Adam

It's notable how the overall blurriness from the pinhole complements the (necessary) long exposure, and gives the image a natural integrity. A shot in the eye (or groin?) for those with expensive dslrs and formulaic 10-stop nd filters?

Yep, when exposures are in the range of minutes there's a fair chance of capturing movement! The overall blurriness is something I'm going to have to check out though, as it seems more prominent than I think it should (and have seen elsewhere by others) - either the pinhole itself is ever-so-slightly scrappy or I should just embrace the lack of sharpness and never print anything above 5"x5"!

A few from me, an old farm building near Crewkerne.

All shot on the Arca Swiss 5x4. The colour one is Fuji Pro 160NS and the black and white ones are Fomapan 100 in Rodinal 1+50. For the B&W ones I was practicing using the camera movements, trying to get the whole metal sheet in focus in the first, and then selective focus on the piece of wood on top in the second. Both were shot at f/5.6 and it still amazes me how much you can do with the movements!

View attachment 34914

Free steered vehicle (FSV) with a back actor attachment, this machine was nicknamed the woodpecker. Shot on Portra 400 - 120 film.

I keep expecting to see you post up one of the machines my uncle used to "drive" - he worked on the "development" side rather than the "production" IIRC (i.e. preparing "gates" and roadways ready for the production lads to come in and actually cut the coal - for those not from mining areas) - I remember he said once they'd just had a machine sent down to trial which they'd nicknamed the "punk rocker"... mainly because it was "a noisy little b*****d with a big spiky revolving head" mounted on a steerable arm...

Cracking images as usual, this thread's always a pleasure to come back to after a while!

I can't remember if I've posted this before, hopefully not! A lone figure on Blackpool Beach - Canon EOS 10, 24-105L, Agfa Vista and Screen Cezanne Elite scan.

pRhkyuP.jpg

So I come back and say what I should have said when I first saw it.

I dunno if its the angle of the legs or what but its so War of the Worlds like, giant mech spider thing v tiny human...(y)

So.... I have acquired over a hundred rolls of 120 XP1 and XP2, all out of date.... and dated 1990-1998.
I shot a couple of test rolls, and tried stand developing them, which did give results... however, having consulted with @Asha it was decided to just do a normal C41 develop.

So... this roll dated 1993 was shot at ISO 200, and developed in C41, 38 degrees for 3:15min... a few from the roll, taken with the Bronica SQ Ai
The negatives are a bit curly, and a bit thin... these have also had a slight contrast adjustment...

16972717630_9004a7a629_b.jpg

17159711831_8bdb5ec02a_b.jpg

16952888487_e4663e23dc_b.jpg

I keep expecting to see you post up one of the machines my uncle used to "drive" - he worked on the "development" side rather than the "production" IIRC (i.e. preparing "gates" and roadways ready for the production lads to come in and actually cut the coal - for those not from mining areas) - I remember he said once they'd just had a machine sent down to trial which they'd nicknamed the "punk rocker"... mainly because it was "a noisy little b*****d with a big spiky revolving head" mounted on a steerable arm...

Hi Mark,
What mine and year are we talking about?

Hi Mark,
What mine and year are we talking about?

Well - it'd most likely be Sharlston Colliery - my uncle was formerly at Newland (St. Johns) Pit, but when it was closed he transferred to Sharlston, where my Dad worked on the face... As to the year - well - i'd guess that it'd be between 1976 and 1980 ish... couldn't be much more specific I'm afraid.

Well - it'd most likely be Sharlston Colliery - my uncle was formerly at Newland (St. Johns) Pit, but when it was closed he transferred to Sharlston, where my Dad worked on the face... As to the year - well - i'd guess that it'd be between 1976 and 1980 ish... couldn't be much more specific I'm afraid.

I'll not have any pictures of Sharlston around that time as I was working around Stoke & the Western Area. When I moved over to the East Midlands Sharlston was an opencast site, I think it stopped production as a deep coal mine around 1996.

Pistyll Rheader watefall, Wales. Mamiya C330f on Fuji Acros 100

Lower-Falls2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I know its not a square but I had a few development 'issues'... there's a lighter strip down the whole length of the roll. I used a different tank, a jobo one, and I think I didn't use enough developer.

Back