Show us yer film shots then!

My first shots on Polypan F, a short (7.5m) bulk roll of film I picked up off ebay last year. It's 50 ISO and says to treat it like Pan F on the label. These are just grab shots taken on a short cut-off strip when I was testing my Rodinal yesterday (as documented in the 101 ways to ruin a film thread); this was the control strip that I developed in HC-110(B) for 9m 30s.

I've read that this is apparently a cinefilm or cinefilm-copy stock with little to no anti-halation layer. I don't know enough about that to say whether it's what's responsible for the rather attractive bloom effect, almost IR-like on the trees in the second shot despite it being overcast and raining when I took them. The last shot had to be tweaked back 1.67 stops in Lightroom to recover the detail but I still can't help but be pleased with it. There's more grain than in other 50 ISO films but it's light and unintrusive and despite being slightly thin stock, the film's straightforward to scan.

F100PolypanFTest-1
by Strappy, on Flickr

F100PolypanFTest-2
by Strappy, on Flickr

F100PolypanFTest-3
by Strappy, on Flickr

Have been enjoying film again this summer, mostly with an Olympus Trip 35

Mostly Jazz Festival, Birmingham. Olympus Trip 35, Fuji Superia 400. Test roll after getting the camera, and light seals now fixed. Although I quite like the effect on the robot

Robot, Mostly Jazz Festival 2017 by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

Helter Skelter in Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham on a very rare August day with blue skies. Trip 35, Portra 400

Helter Skelter by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

My Uncle's dog, Fred. Trip 35, Portra 400

Fred by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

Have been enjoying film again this summer, mostly with an Olympus Trip 35

Mostly Jazz Festival, Birmingham. Olympus Trip 35, Fuji Superia 400. Test roll after getting the camera, and light seals now fixed. Although I quite like the effect on the robot

Robot, Mostly Jazz Festival 2017 by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

Helter Skelter in Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham on a very rare August day with blue skies. Trip 35, Portra 400

Helter Skelter by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

My Uncle's dog, Fred. Trip 35, Portra 400

Fred by Stephen Sanders, on Flickr

The light leak really works on the robot. It looks like it's just dropped out of orbit or is about to unleash some sort of heat ray. :)

First 'new' one in a long time.

Rollei 35B - Portra 160NC

I think this was bath, sometime in 2015. Or actually, Roath Park, Cardiff.

36998980536_8e0ae24497_b.jpg

Last edited:
Getting back into shooting more film after a few busy months doing other things. Took the 500cm to the New Forest with some friends when we went camping at the weekend.

This is my friends dog, Roxie. The most attention seeking dog in the world. If she's in her bed, you only have to accidentally make eye contact with her for half a second, and she'll take it as an invitation to come over and demand a fuss.

Roxie
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Roxie
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

First film dev'd in a few years, Studinal and Illford Fixer have kept well considering they've been open at least three years.

Legacy Pro 400 (Neopan 400) - Will upload some shots one its dried (if there's anything worth showing!)

First half shot with my Canon EF in 2012(!) and the last 17 frames on my Voigtlander Vito BL today to finish it off.

36868196180_7354e98725_b.jpg

@Nikkorr Colours are lush on those, C200 looks pretty nice !
Thanks! I guess sometimes when the light is right, the colours come punching through even on old c200, no post processing done at all, it's just what the film captured.

Last edited:
A little bit of Welsh loveliness. The view from Porthmadog on a Mamiya C330f, 180mm lens and Kodak Ektar 100, 3 shots stitched in PS11.

Porthmadog-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

A little bit of Welsh loveliness. The view from Porthmadog on a Mamiya C330f, 180mm lens and Kodak Ektar 100, 3 shots stitched in PS11.

Porthmadog-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

I made a panorama the other day (two frames from the Yashica Mat 124 G), inspired partly by the one's you've posted Andy. I'm not sure mine's all that good though. I think I was more interested in getting the pano than taking care that the composition was interesting and as a result I think mine feels a bit flat (the scene was much nicer in person!). The light wasn't the best either, and it would have looked better with a more interesting sky I think. Onwards and upwards though! Anway, here it is:

FILM - Towards Higger Tor
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

EDIT: Some buggering about in Lightroom has produced a more impactful result:

FILM - Towards Higger Tor (B&W conversion)
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
A bit of black and white conversion and general tinkering. Welsh Highland Railway, Porthmadog.

I'm really rather pleased with this one especially as 30 seconds earlier we were standing in what can only be described as a biblical rain/hail storm, out in the open with only thin waterproof coats, trying desperately to keep both cameras and ourselves from drowning/blowing away.

WHR2 by Andy, on Flickr

Mamiya C330f, Mamiya-Sekor 180mm lens on Portra 160NS converted in PS11.

Last edited:
A bit of black and white conversion and general tinkering. Welsh Highland Railway, Porthmadog.

I'm really rather pleased with this one especially as 30 seconds earlier we were standing in what can only be described as a biblical rain/hail storm, out in the open with only thin waterproof coats, trying desperately to keep both cameras and ourselves from drowning/blowing away.

WHR2 by Andy, on Flickr

You're digging out some very nice shots Andy, if I were being picky I'd like to see a fraction more light on the drivers/engineers face (if it doesn't get too noisy) and I'm not to keen on your chosen font, but that's being unnecessarily picky.

WHR2 by Andy, on Flickr

That's really special Andy. You've posted some really great stuff lately but this one is my favourite. Needs printing and framing (y)

Back