Show us yer film shots then!

Do you guys ever spend a weekend at home?

Well, there's the pot calling the kettle black!!!

We both had the day off on Tuesday and went up there for the day. Never been before and it is blinkin' lovely! Weather was gorgeous. If you were coming up to Smallwood on Saturday, I'd be able to show you my burnt bits!! ;):D

Well, there's the pot calling the kettle black!!!

We both had the day off on Tuesday and went up there for the day. Never been before and it is blinkin' lovely! Weather was gorgeous. If you were coming up to Smallwood on Saturday, I'd be able to show you my burnt bits!! ;):D
Steady on, there's no need for that sort of behavior! Would have loved to come up on Saturday but my bank manager has other ideas.

It's all a question of perspective. I sometimes like the diverging and converging verticals that a wide angle lens produces, but occasionally it can look a bit much, particularly if the church tower in question is reputedly already over 2 feet off vertical due to subsidence!

St Michael's Church, Marbury, Cheshire, Canon EOS 30 and 28-135 on Kodak Ektar 100.

Last edited:
A few from my first couple of rolls through my new (old) Olympus OM10. I bought two rolls of Fuji Superia 200 and I'm very pleased with the results. Sadly I had no images on the second half of one roll as the film seems to have come off the rollers inside the camera. Just a few tweaks and some cropping in Lightroom on these. All shot with the Zuiko 50mm f1.8 and at ISO100

Last edited:
A few from my first couple of rolls through my new (old) Olympus OM10. I bought two rolls of Fuji Superia 200 and I'm very pleased with the results. Sadly I had no images on the second half of one roll as the film seems to have come off the rollers inside the camera. Just a few tweaks and some cropping in Lightroom on these. All shot with the Zuiko 50mm f1.8 and at ISO100

Oulton Park - one of my favourite photographic 'hunting grounds'! Pics look great BTW :)

Another shot of the Ty Mawr Lighthouse (No soft focus filter this time) - thoroughly enjoying using the Rolleiflex and the 6 x 6cm format again. I definitely prefer it to the Hassleblad 501 I owned years ago.

Considering how grey and overcast the day was I am also loving the dynamic range/colours from the Kodak Ektar 100 film.

(Also learning Silverfast Scanning software & Epson 850; seems to be doing a reasonable job for a flatbed but I need to learn my colour cast corrections better from my darkroom printing days - ahhhh well, everything takes time and practice!)

Rolleiflex 6003, Rollei 80mm f2.8, Kodak Ektar 100 + Nisi CP filter:

Ty Mawr Lighthouse by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few new shots...

1341_015 copy.jpg 1341_020 copy.jpg 1346_006 copy.jpg 1346_006.jpg 1346_010 copy.jpg
First two, with Canon 50e. It shares a couple of lenses with my d****** camera. In these cases the 50/1,8, quite nice. Film is Fuji 200 colour negative. The other three are scanned from 35mm negs from my Leica IIIA (Elmar 50/3.5) on Tri-X. I seem to have posted two very similar shots the second is the one I meant to include. I would remove the first but I'm not sure how to do that.

Fraser, the Leica is a lovely thing but I struggle to frame things with it. It's so easy to end up clipping things. I guess that's because I'm used to trying to frame tightly with an SLR. That doesn't work with this camera. However, I love the rendering. With TRI-X it's the best. I'm going to take a chance and make it my main camera when I go on holiday to Cyprus in August. I'm taking a Voigtlander Vito II as a backup.

Fraser, the Leica is a lovely thing but I struggle to frame things with it. It's so easy to end up clipping things. I guess that's because I'm used to trying to frame tightly with an SLR. That doesn't work with this camera. However, I love the rendering. With TRI-X it's the best. I'm going to take a chance and make it my main camera when I go on holiday to Cyprus in August. I'm taking a Voigtlander Vito II as a backup.

How about trying to challenge yourself with One Camera, One Lens, One Film (OCOLOF) for, say, 6 months or a year. I did it with a cheaper rangefinder, Minolta M40/2 lens and Tri-X, and I really enjoyed it. Dean @Strappy did it with his little Canon rangefinder too, I think. The idea came from Mike Johnson, The Online Photographer (TOP)...

(Sometimes I think fewer cameras means more, if you see what I mean!)

I replaced the old, flaky looking bellows on my Linhof Tech V and ran a roll of 120 Portra 400 through it (handheld) before I start shooting my precious 4x5 Portra with it. The good news - I installed the bellows correctly, the rangefinder is calibrated and the lens (135/5.6 Rodenstock Sironar-S) lives up to its rep. The bad news: I need to replace the foam seals on the roll-film back. It's a win on aggregate though!

CzwZKZT.jpg

Linhof Tech V + 135/5.6 Sironar S, Wista 6x9 roll back, Portra 400

I've had a roll of Cinestill 800T sitting in the fridge for several months so I thought I would grab it from an impromptu group shoot with a mate.

Shot at 3200, scanned and then applied a noise filter;
Fuel Your Fire 27.05.2018 by Jason Turvey, on Flickr

Fuel Your Fire 27.05.2018 by Jason Turvey, on Flickr

Definitely an interesting film and certainly needs a tripod and a pop of flash on your subject (if shooting similar to above), I think I'll have to try it out in the city in medium format as it looks great for city/night scenes.

Not sure if this works! (Views welcome)
Whilst at Rosseniger I visited a Pancake Cafe - the 'on view' Chef never stopped on this busy bank holiday and thinking forward to the natural light portrait category I took this hoping to capture the speed he was working at - lighting was very dim and camera hand held at 1/15th of a sec @ f2.8.

Nikon F3, Nikkor 24mm f2.8, Kodak colorplus 200:

Pancake Maker by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I do like the idea but for me the back ground being out of focus and the red fire blanket a little too distracting. However well done for capturing it in a difficult situation.

Definitely an interesting film and certainly needs a tripod and a pop of flash on your subject (if shooting similar to above), I think I'll have to try it out in the city in medium format as it looks great for city/night scenes.

I shot a roll of 800T in my Olympus 35RC when we went to Florida last year with the same idea of low light/neon images. I really liked the results so will be getting hold of some more for when we go back next year.

Olympus 35RC - Cinestill 800T by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

All handheld at F2.8

Last edited:
A few more from my Olympus OM10. I decided to use a bit of black & white film for my second roll, so bought a roll of Ilford XP2 Super and gave the camera to my other half so she could get used to using a film camera as well. So I can't claim credit for these shots they were all taken by her.

These are from another trip to Oulton Park for a classic motorcycle meeting. You'll have to look at a couple of portraits of my ugly mug as well I'm afraid :LOL:

Last edited:
I shot a roll of 800T in my Olympus 35RC when we went to Florida last year with the same idea of low light/neon images. I really liked the results so will be getting hold of some more for when we go back next year.

All handheld at F2.8

I absolutely need to shoot some cinestill! Especially now I have seen these. I think it would work well in the Xpan. That's one of the reasons I got one...the cinematic look.

Speaking of the XPan. I have just posted this to IG and stuck it on my Flickr and realised I haven't posted here for a long while. Here's a road through Glencoe, at sunset. It was the last frame on the roll, untested camera and fading light levels with ISO 100 film with a widest aperture of F4.

XPan + Kodak Ektar 100

I absolutely need to shoot some cinestill! Especially now I have seen these. I think it would work well in the Xpan. That's one of the reasons I got one...the cinematic look.

Speaking of the XPan. I have just posted this to IG and stuck it on my Flickr and realised I haven't posted here for a long while. Here's a road through Glencoe, at sunset. It was the last frame on the roll, untested camera and fading light levels with ISO 100 film with a widest aperture of F4.

XPan + Kodak Ektar 100

I’m shooting a roll of Cinestill 50 at the moment as I’ve never tried it before but I really like the 800T.

That’s a lovely shot from the Xpan though, really doesn’t help my GAS for cameras I can’t afford!

XPan + Kodak Ektar 100

Some nice colours and light here. I can't say that I'm ordinarily a fan of the panoramic, facebook-cover-photo format, but it does suit this scene quite well.

I’m shooting a roll of Cinestill 50 at the moment as I’ve never tried it before but I really like the 800T.

That’s a lovely shot from the Xpan though, really doesn’t help my GAS for cameras I can’t afford!

Thanks Steve. The Xpan is better than I expected to be honest.

Some nice colours and light here. I can't say that I'm ordinarily a fan of the panoramic, facebook-cover-photo format, but it does suit this scene quite well.

Thanks RJ. I’d rather use the term cinematic, seeing that was around long before FB ( I very much dislike FB). That’s one of the main reasons I got the Xpan, although I’m still learning what works with the format for the look I want.

XPan + Kodak Ektar 100

I'm with you Gareth regarding FB,but, this photograph with your Xpan is very good. I like the composition with the road taking you into the valley and emphasising that wonderful colour of the sunset. (y)

Have been experimenting with using an enlarger with colour head to digitise the negatives.
It works quite well as I can compensate the red cast optically by dialling in cyan.

Let me know what you guys think about colours!

Rolleiflex T
Ektar 100
Dev by AG
Digitised with Meopta 6 and Sony A7 II

Flickr-00261.jpg Flickr-00270.jpg Flickr-00272.jpg

Have been experimenting with using an enlarger with colour head to digitise the negatives.
It works quite well as I can compensate the red cast optically by dialling in cyan.

Let me know what you guys think about colours!

Rolleiflex T
Ektar 100
Dev by AG
Digitised with Meopta 6 and Sony A7 II

View attachment 128259 View attachment 128260 View attachment 128261

H'mm not too bad if you don't want to use a scanner and Photoshop, but you are using a Rollei with Ektar and results should be razor sharp?

Back