Show us yer film shots then!

A couple more from Iceland in May. Xpan, TMax 400, XTOL

42806411584_0ba422f513_b.jpg

43475974492_d9d3322a18_b.jpg

A couple more from Iceland in May. Xpan, TMax 400, XTOL

42806411584_0ba422f513_b.jpg

43475974492_d9d3322a18_b.jpg

That second image is from one of my favourite locations in Iceland, where we s[ent an amazing morning hanging out and shooting. Thanks for sharing.

Just a touch of camera shake on that one of the small farm, Andy? I find that's the only downside to the Ensign Selfix 16/20, it's easy to pull the camera a bit when pressing the shutter button and the choice of 1/100 to 1/300 is quite a big jump exposure-wise if I'm trying to go for a high enough speed to eliminate any camera movement. I really wish it had 1/125 or 1/150 as a shutter speed choice instead of 1/100 for that reason.

Now you mention it there is a touch. My excuse is that it was very hot and we'd walked a good distance so I was weak and weary due to my age :D

Now you mention it there is a touch. My excuse is that it was very hot and we'd walked a good distance so I was weak and weary due to my age :D
I'm glad it was nothing to do with the quantity of ice-cold larger quaffed the previous evening! :whistle:

I'm glad it was nothing to do with the quantity of ice-cold larger quaffed the previous evening! :whistle:

No, however, later that afternoon.... :beer::D A chap has to re-hydrate somehow.

Lovely!!

Really like the tones and feel of those!

How are you getting on with the M6? You piqued my interest when you posted about it recently!!

Thanks!

I have to admit, I have never been a big fan of Ektar, until now. The Voightlander 35mm F1.4 produces lovely images.

I am getting on well with the M6, the shutter is louder than other rangefinders I have used, and it gets a lot of attention on the streets, making it ironically less stealthy than the cult of Leica like to portray. But it is a beautiful camera, and the brightest viewfinder I have used on a rangefinder.

The light meter was a pain at first, but it didn't take long to get used to, the arrows point in the direction for you to move the aperture dial in.

Easy to load film.

Just a joy to shoot with.

Here's a large format photo from a recent trip to Cornwall. It was made at Bedruthan steps with the tide out and the sun in full golden hour mode :D The sea was calm and it was essentially just the two of us there for the majority of the evening.

Bedruthan Steps Golden Light by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

Shot on Portra 160 with a Schneider 120mm HM 5.6 lens on the Ebony.

Last edited:
By 'eck you've got some lovely detail in there as well as gorgeous light.

After spending ages squinting through the magnifying lens to focus on the eyes, don't inadvertently move the camera backwards about an inch when taking the photo! :facepalm: You've got to love the swirly bokeh that Yashikor triplet lens creates when wide open though.

Steampunk at the Crewe Steampunk Festival, May 2018. 1964 Yashica 635 TLR, Yashikor f/3.5 on Ilford XP2 400.

I bet photos of that used to look great until someone decided to put a stainless steel bollard in front of it! :facepalm:

Crewe Town Hall. Camera and film as above.

Last edited:
Woodsy the light in that shot is stunning what was the camera ? Yours are also great Mr Badger you did well to get Mr Steam Punk so sharp yet the back ground so blurred it could so easily gone wrong.

I've been given an old photo album to scan, belonging to my great grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago.
I've managed to get them all scanned to the best of my ability and thought I'd share some with you guys.

oldfamilyphotos124 by Madison S, on Flickr
My great great aunt on the right, great great grandmother and grandfather.
Christmas day 1930

oldfamilyphotos113 by Madison S, on Flickr
Game of leapfrog

oldfamilyphotos103 by Madison S, on Flickr
No idea who any of these are... yet

Welcome back Simon good to see you back and posting.

Went to London for 100th Anniversary of the RAF -- thousands of people -- Horseguards closed off to the Great Unwashed Public ( OR EX-ARMY like ME !) so could not see the Aircraft parked there. Gave my MINOLTA Dynax 5 an outing loaded with outdated Fuji Sensia II rated 80 ASA. I got few of the Parade in The Mall -- disappointed with the 'focus' on a lot -- not really sharp so did not scan many. Used the Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 mm f3.5-4.5 lens then waited for Flypast -- I took manual reading off a light building as sky was all grey overcast BUT aircraft were a bit OVER-exposed -- none worth showing.Dynax 5  RAF 01.jpg Dynax 5 RAF 02.jpg

Last edited:
Went on the London Film Photography Group last trip to Rotherhithe and Thames Path area with my Minolta Dynax 40 loaded with 01/1991 dated Agfapan 25 and my Dynax 5 loaded with outdated Fuji Sensia II slide film.
I show a few of the E6 Sensia II results.
Dynax 5 Film Group 01.jpg Dynax 5 Film Group 02.jpg Dynax 5 Film Group 04.jpg Dynax 5 Film Group 06.jpg Dynax 5 Film Group 07.jpg

A few from earlier this year.

1 A horse with the Nikon FG on Fomapan 400
img152 by Simon, on Flickr

2.Likewise a goose
img157 by Simon, on Flickr

3. And some trees
img162 by Simon, on Flickr

4. Audley with the Rolleicord and Delta 400
img193 by Simon, on Flickr

Back