Show us yer film shots then!

I do like that, Kevin, but I'm puzzled by the ethereal diagonal lines coming from upper left; the sun appears to be at the top...
Now that you come to mention it ... ermm .. I think the diagonal lines are coming from the sun which was not as high up as the light at the top would suggest ... so that leaves the question of what made the light at the top ?

Nige - Thanks for the kind comments; really pleased with the meetering and sharpness; Heswall boat yard is definitely worth a trip out - you could incorporate Chester in the day out or Liverpool :)
Perhaps a wander round Port Sunlight Village too while he's on The Wirral, which on a sunny day should give Nige some good photo opportunities. :)

Heartbeat country ! Adensfield station (really Goathland station) Paktica Nova L Kodak colourplus 200

TRAIN.JPG

ADENS.JPG

The doctors surgery. I got my wife to drive the sheep back into the shot as a moron family with a dog thought it was funny that thier dog was barking at the sheep and they were running away.

DOC.JPG

Last edited:
Oooh I like that. I do regret not buying more Agfa Precisa when I could have! Unreasonably prejudiced against transparency film for some reason...

Oooh I like that. I do regret not buying more Agfa Precisa when I could have! Unreasonably prejudiced against transparency film for some reason...

Thanks Chris. I wish I had more too - at least at the bargain price that it used to be available at. I believe it's just re-badged Fuji Provia, but that costs somewhat more.

I've got a roll of Ektachrome in the fridge though and, thanks to a £5-off eBay voucher I received the other day, I've treat myself to a cut-price roll of Velvia 50 too. :)

Well I like taking shots of flowers and Photobucket are moaning that I have well over my allowed 250 shots, so having a clear out and think this is quite nice:-
qlrNtUu.jpg

Seems like those "Aliens" that have been showing their presence in the photos of @Kevin Allan and @ChrisR over there in the UK, chose to venture further afield …...

I have no idea as to the cause of the beam of light streaming directly down on the mountain top.

The location is actually a large green space that many moons ago used to be a golf course just on the outskirts of the village, often frequented by English gentlemen.

It is now used as a grazing area for horses and a landing field for the parachutists that fly around from a nearby mountain then land on this green.

Intrepid Mk3
150mm Symmar
Delta 100
Aliens Espace du Golf 21042019 Intrepid 150mm Delta 100.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like those "Aliens" that have been showing their presence in the photos of @Kevin Allan and @ChrisR over there in the UK, chose to venture further afield …...

I have no idea as to the cause of the beam of light streaming directly down on the mountain top.

The location is actually a large green space that many moons ago used to be a golf course just on the outskirts of the village, often frequented by English gentlemen.

It is now used as a grazing area for horses and a landing field for the parachutists that fly around from a nearby mountain then land on this green.

Intrepid Mk3
150mm Symmar
Delta 100
View attachment 243075

Given that it's Easter, maybe it's the second coming.

and at last, one that I'm happy with....

River Bevera, Sospel
Intrepid Mk3
150mm symmar
Delta 100

View attachment 243080

I've been having a play with this image and made some fine adjustments…...An improvement or not?, What do you think?
My reason for asking is to see if I'm making any progress with my PP skills as it is an area of photography that I don't excel at!

Bevera 21042019  150mm F22 4 seconds  Green & ND9 Retouch TP.jpg

Well Asha who are you trying to please...yourself or joe public? For me I prefer the shot in the attachment (is there supposed to be a difference?) as it's a bit brighter and more contrast. But you'll get difference conflicting views so best to change a shot to how you like..... and if everyone else likes it then it's a bonus.

Well Asha who are you trying to please...yourself or joe public? For me I prefer the shot in the attachment (is there supposed to be a difference?) as it's a bit brighter and more contrast. But you'll get difference conflicting views so best to change a shot to how you like..... and if everyone else likes it then it's a bonus.

I don't think that I'm trying to please anyone as such…….Tbh, yesterday I preferred the 2nd version with it's subtle changes ( ie pulled more detail out of some of the shadows).
Looking at them both again this morning, I'm becoming more drawn to the original<.
If I coose to print it out, I'll probably end up printing both as phtos always look different on paper.
Obviously I'll keep whichever I find more pleasing, nonetheless I'd like to know the preference / opinon of other folk.
Thinking about it, I may have been better starting a thread in "Photos from film"...Never mind.

Just AAMOI ...I took this shot to see if the T90 could cope in low light with a full moon and let the camera work out the exposure.
As it came out on colour neg
DNn38js.jpg

added colour in Photoshop
q9I075o.jpg

Last edited:
Back