Show us yer film shots then!

Cheers Nige…...Laid flat on my belly for that one. Getting back upright wasn't quite as easy as it used to be 20 years ago!:(

I remember one time I lay flat on my belly in the middle of a graveyard to get a macro shot of some bees on a dandelion, only to notice a woman giving me very strange looks from her house across the road. :LOL:

Yep, just standard glass, the light was just at the right angle.

I am continuing to process the well-expired (1982) Ilford FP4 35mm film I shot in Wales (Pembrokeshire) in the autumn. For the technically minded, the film was developed in Rodinol diluted 1:50 and stand developed for one hour. The negatives were scanned on my Plustek 8100 using Silverfast software.

Wales 1.jpgWales 3.jpgWales 2.jpg

the film was developed in Rodinol diluted 1:50 and stand developed for one hour.

I do like the first one!

As for the development solution, it's interesting to see that you used 1:50.

I've only ever semi stand developed at 1:100 regardless of developer for a similar duration to yourself of an hour ( light agitation at 30 mins)

The real reason I use Rodinol at 1:50 and not 1:100 is that 1:100 is so dilute I have trouble trusting it to work. I really ought to try it as so many other people have success with 1:100

The real reason I use Rodinol at 1:50 and not 1:100 is that 1:100 is so dilute I have trouble trusting it to work. I really ought to try it as so many other people have success with 1:100

Those recent photos that I posted from a 1982 roll of Ektachrome were souped in 1:100 HC-110 but I have used Rodinal many times semi stand developing for all different makes and types of film at the same solution with no problems.

My dad gave me his Z135 a few years ago but, apart from finishing off a half used roll that was in it at the time, I've not used it properly until last weekend. While it's a bit soft in the very corners, this is another Canon Sure Shot model that's nice and sharp. Not sure if the corner softness departs at different focal lengths (I shot most of the roll at its widest setting), but it's not really an issue anyway.

Canon Sure Shot Z135
Ilford HP5+

FILM - Chips
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

A couple of shots from the venture along Edinburgh's north shore (that produced the weird circle anomaly discussed earlier).

a) The lighthouse at Newhaven, without the anomaly:

1904CPMXBWa03 Newhaven light 007 by Chris R, on Flickr

b) Storm passing over Inchkeith Island in the Firth of Forth

1904CPMXBW02 Inchkeith squall 006 by Chris R, on Flickr

Both Pentax MX, Vivitar 35-70 lens, Tri-X, devved in HC 110 solution B for 5:30 in the Rondinax

High drama in the second one @ChrisR, great tonal range, I really like it.

Thanks Chris. It was a helluva moment; 10 minutes before rain had been hammering on my windscreen. Then it stopped as I took the lighthouse shots, and went for a walk along the breakwater, turned the corner, and saw this happening, leading to me running like hell along the breakwater to get to a good view point. The first shot I took had the rain (brighter in my memory) drenching the island, but the foreground was rubbish. Half an hour later, it was a normal spring day!

Back