Show us yer film shots then!

47935656486_4c82aa75cf_b.jpg

f/5.6, 1/2500, ISO 400, 64 mm
Kodak Portra 400, Canon EOS 1V HS, Canon EF 24-70 mm f/2.8

Well had to use the Vista up on the Pentax S3 with 35mm flek so took some night shots and used an EOS 300 for exposure reading, about 2-3 elephants at f5.6

Ok it's not my fault they stuck a wall in front of the church :(
FDkkU8n.jpg

h'mm needed a 28mm or 24mm lens but ain't got one in M42
CbTKG7u.jpg

After confessing that you are an alcoholic and receiving absolution...there is a convenient pub next door to the church.
FKk09lj.jpg

Last edited:
With Asha visiting in a month,s time.I had a look at this photograph and processed for posting.

Bluebell Hill 2015.

Bessa R3a 21mm color-Skopar f4, Velvia 50Asa.

With Asha visiting in a month,s time.I had a look at this photograph and processed for posting.

Bluebell Hill 2015.

Bessa R3a 21mm color-Skopar f4, Velvia 50Asa.

Thats a a great shot, just needs a little cropping off the right hand side.

Well had to use the Vista up on the Pentax S3 with 35mm flek so took some night shots and used an EOS 300 for exposure reading, about 2-3 elephants at f5.6

Ok it's not my fault they stuck a wall in front of the church :(
FDkkU8n.jpg

h'mm needed a 28mm or 24mm lens but ain't got one in M42
CbTKG7u.jpg

After confessing that you are an alcoholic and receiving absolution...there is a convenient pub next door to the church.
FKk09lj.jpg
Is that a cherry tree outside that large Black Horse pub? If so... we know a song about that, don't we children! :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmDUEv939A

Fantastic detail in these NY shots Nige, and you must be really pleased with the results from this camera.

Thanks Peter. Yeah, really happy with the Canon Sure Shots I've used - each one has produced lovely, sharp, well exposed photographs.

I ummed-and-ahhed about with 35mm camera to take with me on the trip, at first thinking of taking a bulkier SLR But, having tested the Z135 with a couple of rolls beforehand, I was confident that it could deliver the image quality and also be very easy to carry around (which, given I also took a M43 digital AND my Zeiss Mess-Ikonta medium format camera, was a bit of a bonus :)).

I really like that second one, Nige. Great detail, and I find it has a 'old' look to it, despite the clearly modern cars etc. :)

Thanks Jonathan. Oddly enough, I made a comment about this on my blog today (albeit on a different photo). Although much of New York is awash with colour - especially around Times Square / Broadway / 42nd Street - it still seems to look great im black and white. I'm putting it down to the fact that I've seen the place represented that way so many other times, whether it be in old photographs or black and white movies, that it just looks right.

Oooh that's lovely, Peter, 4 ballet dancers in tutus spinning one after the other! (No, I haven't been drinking, but that's what came straight into my head... :) )

Oooh that's lovely, Peter, 4 ballet dancers in tutus spinning one after the other! (No, I haven't been drinking, but that's what came straight into my head... :) )
Thanks Chris, it's a scene I just walked into and was really taken by the shape of the branches. I've no idea what kind of trees they are, though.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, it's a scene I just walked into and was really taken by the shape of the branches. I've no idea what kind of trees they are, though.

Some kind of pines, I think, guessing not Scots pines from the shapes of others around them?

Back