Show us yer film shots then!

B&W looks good Andy,so you know you have a good photograph, I have a fix in CS5 so sorry can,t help with #11

And there very much lies the problem, neither do I. I fiddle about pressing buttons and moving sliders until it looks ok to my eyes.....and there very much again lies the problem....
That's where slide film comes in handy, the colours are fixed! Joking aside, I wonder if it would be possible to make a 'filter' plug-in app to help people with colour vision deficiency?

Well I have posted this twice ?

Andy I cannot help with #13 I have CS5, but, you have a good photograph there as it shows in B&W.but,I will try and see Elements 13 and cross reference withCS5

That's where slide film comes in handy, the colours are fixed! Joking aside, I wonder if it would be possible to make a 'filter' plug-in app to help people with colour vision deficiency?

As another thread from a few years ago shows, unless you calibrate (???) your scanner with a proper test slide (both these thing have proper names I've forgotten), slide film colours can be way off when scanned. This is definitely true of Kodachrome!

I've had a bit of a mixed bag from my home-scans of my Ektachrome shots. Some have come out with lovely, saturated, well-exposed results while others have looked, well, a little off - the colours not looking right and the shadow detail lacking. Obviously, slide film has far less exposure latitude, so this is likely my own inexperience shining through to some extent, but I'm also thinking it might be the scanner and Silverfast in some cases (although this is tempered a little by the fact that, when I tried to re-scan one troublesome frame with my V550 and Epson Scan, it looked even worse!). Anyway, this one looked better as a black and white conversion than in it's native colours...

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 D
Kodak Ektachrome (converted to B&W in Lightroom)

FILM - Cowboy in the cab
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I've had a bit of a mixed bag from my home-scans of my Ektachrome shots. Some have come out with lovely, saturated, well-exposed results while others have looked, well, a little off - the colours not looking right and the shadow detail lacking. Obviously, slide film has far less exposure latitude, so this is likely my own inexperience shining through to some extent, but I'm also thinking it might be the scanner and Silverfast in some cases (although this is tempered a little by the fact that, when I tried to re-scan one troublesome frame with my V550 and Epson Scan, it looked even worse!). Anyway, this one looked better as a black and white conversion than in it's native colours...

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 D
Kodak Ektachrome (converted to B&W in Lightroom)

FILM - Cowboy in the cab
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
I've not had my Ektachrome back yet, but I've opted for a high-res Noritsu scan (thought I'd treat myself to test the new film!) so it will be interesting to see what the photos look like. I've also gone for mounted slides, so I can see what they look like projected a few feet wide. Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

I've not had my Ektachrome back yet, but I've opted for a high-res Noritsu scan (thought I'd treat myself to test the new film!) so it will be interesting to see what the photos look like. I've also gone for mounted slides, so I can see what they look like projected a few feet wide. Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

I LOVE seeing slides and would love to shoot and project my own, but I just can't seem to commit to going exclusively slide film. :(

My first roll through the Leica since having it serviced by Miles Whitehead and my first time trying Kodak Gold 200. Wanted to get everything working tip top before my trip to Vietnam. Seems to be fine. :D

GM030719260106-20190712-09.jpg

End of the line(s) for the old railway that ran alongside the River Adur

The line from Brighton to Littlehampton that can be seen near the horizon where it traverses the river.

Walker Titan SF
APO-Symmar 150mm F/5.6 L
Delta 100

End of the line r.jpg

Same set up in a different location further downstream.

Some of these houseboats were very impressive ( imo of course)…....I could quite easily have entertained myself shooting several frames but as it was I only got a couple, including this one which I personally liked due its well "weathered and beaten up" appearance.

Houseboat Shoreham r.jpg

Back