Show us yer film shots then!

If I zoom right in then it's noticeably grainier than when it's shot at box speed, but it's still not too bad. It cost a couple of extra quid to get it developed at Peak, but the extra speed was useful on a dull, overcast day (well, until the sun started to peek through and then I struggled to handle overexposure a bit).

Filmdev don't charge for pushing, I believe (but please check).

Dinorwic Quarry - 4x5 Ilford FP4+ cropped to 6x12

Dinorwic Quarry
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr
I love this Kevin, the detail is really excellent and I'm sure Flickr doesn't do it justice but the large version of this is fantastic. I would have this printed VERY LARGE and hanging on the wall.

I love this Kevin, the detail is really excellent and I'm sure Flickr doesn't do it justice but the large version of this is fantastic. I would have this printed VERY LARGE and hanging on the wall.
Thanks Nick; the rest of my family doesn't really share my love of images of dereliction so I doubt if it will find it's way to the wall ...

I think this one is more like the HP5+ graininess some of us have seen in the 35mm version, and presumably it's from the same film as the other boat ones you've posted this week?

Yep, same roll, same one-stop push, same post processing (more or less). The grain is still there in the other shots, it's just more immediately prominent here because of the large amount of dark cloud I think.

A twinning ceremony. It just happened to be in an area covered by several locals and a regional. In 1975 twinnings were flavour of the month what with our being in the Common Market officially that year. :LOL:

I took a pinhole camera on a little trip to Cullercoats which was really a "recce" for future large format shots; but I liked this pinhole result enough to show it.
Reality So Subtle 6x6F and Ektar.

Pinholed sandstone cliff
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

I really like that Kevin, the rock strata pulls the eye nicely into the frame

Trying out Kentmere 100 up on Dartmoor. I wanted to see what it was capable of so I mounted my Pentax ME Super on a tripod (something usually reserved for digital landscapes!) and scanned at higher res than normal. Really surprised by the detail in the birch tree (better viewed on Flickr). Just goes to show there's a lot to be desired of my current technique!

Leaning Birch - Kentmere 100 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Dartmoor Pony 2 - Kentmere 100 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Dartmoor pony 1 - Kentmere 100 by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Last edited:
49011807023_e883345caa_b.jpg

Xpan | 45mm | Tmax 400 | XTOL(r) | Pakon

Last edited:
Back