Show us yer film shots then!

Have a bit of a backlog of images I didn't post due to spoilers for those on the Zine thread...
Need to get back out shooting now though.

Aberavon Beach
Rollei 35B
Pro800Z

51198634589_ec86fff118_h.jpg
Love the lines and composition of this, just beautiful!

Love the lines and composition of this, just beautiful!
Thank you, I've walked this area hundreds of times and I was looking for a new perspective, stood and waited for the lady and child to hit the right spot in the frame.

I think there's a tighter shot in there with a long lens and the cranes in the background, problem is they move about on rails so they're never in the same position twice!

Found a Cassette of Jessops 200 ASA film in the huge stash given me by Sons of my Deceased Great Friend, dated 12/2007 ( Quite FRESH in fact !! ) I rated it 100 ASA BUT negs were OVER-Exposed ! I CUT the film and processed a short length so have some left. I used my Minolta Dynax 4 and 2 lenses AF 28-100mm f3.5-5.6 and 35-70mm f4
Dynax 4 Jessops 200 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dynax 4 Jessops 200 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dynax 4 Jessops 200 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dynax 4 Jessops 200 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
the SCANS were very 'Light and Blue' but I corrected in FastStone Image Viewer using 'Curves, Levels, Saturation'

An Austin A90 Six Westinster. At least I think it is - I know little about old cars so my identification is purely a result of looking on the internet. :)

It was parked amongst the other vehicles at a car-boot sale I went to a few weeks back.

Olympus OM-2n
Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f/1.8
Kodak Tri-X Pan (expired 2003)
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 8mins @ 20°

Austin A90
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

went to ' Paper Mill Lock' ESSEX with my Great Camera Club/ Flickr Mate RAY and tried out my old German ZEISS IKON Folder since I got inside and cleaned out the 'Haze' -- I also tried a 1992 Dated AGFA XRS 200 film from the huge stash I was given from my Deceased Great Friend but although I rated it 50 ASA results were poor on most shots, badly under-exposed. I managed to scan 2 which I show here - I got 1/25th @ f22 in bright sun. There are only 2 'Instantaneous Shutter Speeds' 1/25th and 1/75th !
Paper Mill Lock 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Paper Mill Lock 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Here is the Camera I used ---
Zeiss Ikon Folder by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Regarding the strange 'Magenta' stripes down sides and the 'Lines' on my old Agfa XRS 200 photos on Zeiss Ikon -- it was my CANON 9000F Mk II SCANER doing that ! I messed about with it again as I had asked for help about the trouble on www.canonforums.com and also on HERE and it started scanning perfectly again !

Bought a new (to me) camera in Oct 2019 but never got round to trying it out until Sept 2020 then didn't get round to getting it developed until this week! oops!
Used an app on my phone as a light meter but will need to try the Sekonic L-398 I bought to accompany the camera instead.

Crail Harbour, East Neuk of Fife.
Rolleiflex 3.5T
Portra 400

000004410008_1
by Steven Cook, on Flickr
View: https://flic.kr/p/2m2hpNC

Last edited:
Rebecca Louise, Cley Beach, North Norfolk,
Pentax 645N, Pentax FA 45-85mm,
Ilford Delta 400, Developed in Ilfotec LC29 @1-29, Epson V500 Scan

View attachment 319932

I’m really loving those tones! I can foresee some Delta in my near future for sure :cool:

Reactions: Jao
I’m really loving those tones! I can foresee some Delta in my near future for sure :cool:

Thanks Andy, it was very flat dull day, but I think the Delta 400 lends its self to those conditions. It is a nice emulsion.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, it was very flat dull day, but I think the Delta 40 lens its self to those conditions. It is a nice emulsion.

I think I’ll have to try some out, I’m on a bit of an XP2 binge at the moment but the stock I had is running out so I was thinking of trying something new. Reading around the web I think Delta may suit me nicely, people swear by HP5 too it that’s something else I’ve never shot :LOL:

Reactions: Jao
Just thought I'd share some of my first roll of Superia in my new to me G1, I'm pleased with how they've come out, to be honest. Still getting used to the camera a little bit but I'm feeling more and more confident in it's AF which is something that a lot of people seem to have issues with. Shots of a 4-year-old playing are tricky at the best of times, but it seems to have done okay so far. The first one of my daughter isn't critically sharp but was more of my technique than a failing of the camera as we were on a moving seesaw trying to shoot wide open :LOL: I still love it though!

Beach by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Flowers by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Gliding by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
The Park by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Playtime by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

That’s a nice set you e got there, the G1 seems to be bringing out the best of the Superia.

Love the colours you've got there @andy1868 (y)

That’s a nice set you e got there, the G1 seems to be bringing out the best of the Superia.

Thank you both! I think these are my favourite colours out of Superia so far; I'm starting to realise just how much difference a little overexposure makes. I have done a little dabbling in the past but not too much. I think the extra stop coupled with some nice golden hour sunshine seems to have kept those Fuji greens/purples in check nicely. Annoyingly I'm coming towards the end of my stock of Superia too when i've realised this and it's shot up in price since I bought it about 2 years ago. I paid £60 for 10 rolls, and it's about double that now :LOL:

Thank you both! I think these are my favourite colours out of Superia so far; I'm starting to realise just how much difference a little overexposure makes. I have done a little dabbling in the past but not too much.

You've had me digging around my stash looking to see if I had a roll, but sadly its not one I've bought to try yet - based on these images I've added it to my (growing) list of film to try @andy1868 :D

You've had me digging around my stash looking to see if I had a roll, but sadly its not one I've bought to try yet - based on these images I've added it to my (growing) list of film to try @andy1868 :D

I would definitely give it a go, although it normally has an......acquired taste to it. For me it’s best with plenty of light, the shadows get fairly green fairly quickly with any underexposure, skin tones tend to go quite strong too.

I initially shot it because it was a cheapish 400 speed film and I quite like that it was giving me some garish 90s tones but these 2 rolls overexposed have made me feel a little differently about it for the better!

Back